Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Single Stack Nationals

JakeMartens

Really nice stuff.

Thank you... I can't wait to run this on a range with a reliable network, videos would be popping up every couple of minutes. The next attempt will be the DoubleTap Championship (something to do with Pirates, which is always a good thing)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.Nils.

2.Dave S.

3.Todd J.

4.Phil S.

5.Shanon S.

6.Max M.

7.Michael S.

8.Tony H.

9.Taran B.

10. Blake M.

11.Kale G.

12.Matthew T.

I think the 12th place finisher is very interesting. ;)

Edited by Red Ryder

Correction: One was Dq'd while still under the make ready. Several people that witnessed this were talking about it. And I heard the whole thing is on video but I doubt we see it. Too bad no one helped the boy arb it.

It was an interesting weekend.

It was on Friday

Sara subminor with the same ammo she used at Area 1 that went 130pf

Manny struggle all day with mag problems was painful to watch

there was also an interesting ruling on a popper issue that resulted in a reshoot

There were a couple of DQ's for setting your loaded gun down on the table starts with no safety on, but they were dq'd after MR and before start signal

Correction: One was Dq'd while still under the make ready. Several people that witnessed this were talking about it. And I heard the whole thing is on video but I doubt we see it. Too bad no one helped the boy arb it.

There were a couple of DQ's for setting your loaded gun down on the table starts with no safety on, but they were dq'd after MR and before start signal

What is the difference? Did the boy set the gun down on the table without the safety applied?

I was not there.. so all I can state is what I heard. I heard the r/o asked if the safety was on, the boy looks at the gun and replies, yes it is on. Was it verified, I do not know. But a couple of guys that said they saw the whole thing said the safety was on. Again, I was not there.

What is the difference? Did the boy set the gun down on the table without the safety applied?

with regards to video of Rob's DQ, I wrote this:

Does it matter?

I'm sure other people have video of it too, and it will get uploaded to YouTube soon enough...most likely not made searchable, but strictly viewable when the link gets emailed or PM'ed to you.

just to set the record straight, I do not have any video of it, nor a link.

My own personal feelings are "meh!". If I just happen to see it, I see it. If I don't, I won't lose any sleep over it.

My comments above were basically my own personal commentary on human nature in general.

Somebody PM'ed me asking me for the link to the video, which is what egged this post on.

Carry on folks! Nothing else to see here!

As to video or photos being posted of someone DQ'ing it is just bad taste. If you haven't DQ'd you don't know how it feels and then have to relive it again and again because someone else wants to see it. If anyone of the people who want to see what Rob did you might have a different opinion if you were standing there when it did happen. It doesn't matter if the shooter is at the bottom or at the top of the sport it just shouldn't be done.

As they say, "If you haven't DQ'd yet, just wait".

Rich

Would you think the same if it were a famous golfer missing an easy putt?

I think the top shooters are pretty much public figures, so I wouldn't see anything tasteless about a video showing their mistakes. If anything, it goes to show that DQ is possible for anyone, and if it can happen to top shooters, it can happen to the rest of us too, so we should a) be careful and safe, and b)if a dq happens anyway, not take it personally, but just learn from it and be glad our sport is so serious about safety.

:cheers:

Not to sound unkind, but I'm sorta thinking if you weren't even there, it might be better if you didn't make public comment on it here.

The RO staff at this particular match was highly competent and experienced. I can't imagine any of them dishing out a DQ that wasn't 100% warranted.

I was not there.. so all I can state is what I heard. I heard the r/o asked if the safety was on, the boy looks at the gun and replies, yes it is on. Was it verified, I do not know. But a couple of guys that said they saw the whole thing said the safety was on. Again, I was not there.

As to video or photos being posted of someone DQ'ing it is just bad taste. If you haven't DQ'd you don't know how it feels and then have to relive it again and again because someone else wants to see it. If anyone of the people who want to see what Rob did you might have a different opinion if you were standing there when it did happen. It doesn't matter if the shooter is at the bottom or at the top of the sport it just shouldn't be done.

As they say, "If you haven't DQ'd yet, just wait".

Rich

Would you think the same if it were a famous golfer missing an easy putt?

I think the top shooters are pretty much public figures, so I wouldn't see anything tasteless about a video showing their mistakes. If anything, it goes to show that DQ is possible for anyone, and if it can happen to top shooters, it can happen to the rest of us too, so we should a) be careful and safe, and b)if a dq happens anyway, not take it personally, but just learn from it and be glad our sport is so serious about safety.

:cheers:

I have nothing to add to this except the decision as to what is published or broad cast or posted is always in the discretion of the person who owns the media in question. If they choose not to post it we should respect that decision.

My short article on the 2012 Single Stack Nationals is available here

Nice article, thanks for sharing!

I have a question on this:

"Sevigny had to reshoot this stage as a plate from the fixed Texas Star failed to fall when hit, his second run at the end of the squad was flawless"

What was the basis for the reshoot since plates are not calibrated? I would like to know this for future reference ;)

Later,

Chuck

"Sevigny had to reshoot this stage as a plate from the fixed Texas Star failed to fall when hit, his second run at the end of the squad was flawless"

What was the basis for the reshoot since plates are not calibrated? I would like to know this for future reference ;)

Later,

Chuck

Plate that doesn't fall when hit = reshoot. I'm not sure what you're asking.

Later,

Chuck

Plate that doesn't fall when hit = reshoot. I'm not sure what you're asking.

What rule? The reason I am asking is because there is a marginal star at one of the local matches here and plates have taken multiple hits to knock them off (using major .45 ammo). We have had many "discussions" as to whether or not a hit somewhat low, but fully on the plate is a REF on not. Since this occurred at the nationals, I would like to know what rule to cite if this happens again.

4.3.1.6 Unlike Poppers, metal plates are not subject to calibration or calibration

challenges. If a scoring metal plate has been hit but fails

to fall or overturn, the Range Officer shall declare range equipment

failure and order the competitor to reshoot the course of

fire, after the faulty plate has been rectified.

4.3.1.6 Unlike Poppers, metal plates are not subject to calibration or calibration

challenges. If a scoring metal plate has been hit but fails

to fall or overturn, the Range Officer shall declare range equipment

failure and order the competitor to reshoot the course of

fire, after the faulty plate has been rectified.

Thanks. I must apologize for not looking that up. Sorry for the thread drift...

Outstanding match with some great weather on Sat at least. I had a ball shooting on the mini-squad(#25). I thought the staff were very professional and the stages were challenging to say the least. Congrats to the winners!