Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OPEN GLOCKS

fuentesd99

I have a question for the optics...why slide mount and not frame mount?....like a Cmore?

You will get a lot of "it's just what works for me" answers. There are alot of pros/cons to this. For me, I like the C-More. It's sight picture is bigger overall. I like the fact that when my slide functions, my sight doesn't move with it. Etc etc etc. you thinking of crossing I've to the dark side?

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question for the optics...why slide mount and not frame mount?....like a Cmore?

Both of mine were not really setup as a "game" gun. SO in that regard you kind of have to go with the Melt job in other to have the backup sights and no bulk from a mount.

Now for a game gun... like say I fall in love with open. I would go for a "normal" frame mounted kit.

Slide ride here.

It's easy for me to find the dot since I'm used to shooting pistols with iron sights.

I can switch back and forth and they index the same with no learning curve.

Well technically isnt the slide ride, say....delta point from leupold "look" bigger since the optic is closer to you vs a slightly larger optic in front of the ejection port which is further away? I feel it would almost be a wash between the 2....but when i see pro's they generally are running the Cmore's.

Man this is going to be difficult.

All i want to do is build a fast steel gun, and it seems harder than it should be due to options :-\

So after almost 2 years of talking about building an Open Glock....I did it!!! SJC Micro Mount with Delta Point, SJC KKM Barrel With SJC Comp, SJC mag button & Magwell. Tungsten Guide rod, My trigger job. I installed the mount, I wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but it's not the easiest mod to do!

DSCF0296-1.jpg

DSCF0299.jpg

DSCF0298.jpg

Edited by shooter995

I have an Open Glock built on a G17, gun runs flawless. Started with the SJC micro dot mount with a JPoint dot on it. Had trouble with the JPoint, sent it back, they repaired that problem, shot one match and it will not hold "zero" now.

Decided I would go with the C-more sight, bought the SJC sideways C-More mount. I installed it last night, it consists of 4 pieces all held together by 12 screws. At first look, not truly happy about all the screws, shooting 9MM Major, I am worried about it shooting loose. Anyway, got it all together, screws Loc-Tited down and on the pistol, installed the C-more. I have to admit, it really looks good. It does add some weight to the gun which in my opinion is a good thing.

I hope to go to the range to sight it in soon.

Has anyone had any experience with this mount?

I have a start....

Glockworx ultimate trigger kit w/lightened striker

Zev Magwell with heavy insert

KKM Drop in barrel w/comp (plan on putting a Carver 3 port)

Tungsten uncaptured guide rod w/11# spring

Thats about it for now. I just need to decide if I'm going to have Glockworx cut my slide up all fancy and light, and which optics I want to go with.

Gen 4 17 FDE

7106679e.jpg

post-39766-133729825831_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ub3RDoRK

Henry- you are the 1st I've heard. I am considering changing to this mount, so I am VERY interested in your results. Please post a report in a seperate thread when you go to the range, if you don't mind. It would be GREATLY appreciated.

range report: I really like the SJC sideways mount with the C-More, the added weight is a benefit. I learned something today,...my gun does not like Major Power Factor loads! could not really get a group that I would call decent, changed to Minor Power Factor loads,....wow, big difference!

Has anyone else discovered this with their Glocks? I have a Lone Wolf barrel and Carver Custom Major P.F. compensator on it.

I just picked up a Bobby Carver built open glock, and "knock on wood" it runs like a champ w/ major ammo. my load data below, use at your own risk

6.9gr autocomp

WSR primer

mixed brass

124gr MG JHP

1.150 OAL

15lb recoil spring

173pf

6.3 Winchester Auto Comp w/ 124 grn FMJ bullet, 12 lb. spring. I was going to work my way up to 6.8 which will make the power factor. The Winchester White Box ammo I shot though it had 115grn. bullets on them and the group was better as well.

The Minor Power Factor loads were my own creation with a 124grn. FMJ bullets too.

Edited by Henry625