Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OPEN GLOCKS

fuentesd99

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Mine is a little more geared to 3 gun but it runs great for uspsa open as well.

Shoots super flat and relatively soft. It is very fast cycling. The Schuemann barrel was an experiment and I must say it was a successful one.

post-34194-0-14316500-1338124406_thumb.j

post-34194-0-94967700-1338124420_thumb.j

post-34194-0-15985300-1338124432_thumb.j

Well Mine is a little more geared to 3 gun but it runs great for uspsa open as well.

Shoots super flat and relatively soft. It is very fast cycling. The Schuemann barrel was an experiment and I must say it was a successful one.

Looks like a ZEV job. Nice....any video of it in action?

GOT SOME PICS BACK FROM BOBBY WITH SLIDE AND COMP. CUTS

OPEN GUN AND STEEL GUNS WILL BE CUT THE SAME.

BOTH TRITOPPED AND CUTS ON SIDES.

OPEN WILL BE 11 PORT AND STEEL 5 PORT.

Come on with the teaser pictures....You got to use the big pictures :cheers:

Slide-Configuration.jpg

Slide-and-Comp.jpg

Holy massive effing barrel, Batman. Who made your mount and racker?

Yes it's big one isn't it? Gives great figures over the chrono too.

The barrel and mount are from IGB in Austria. The slide racker is from SPS in Spain. I just cut it down to fit the Glock dovetail.

CANT WAIT SHOULD HAVE THEM BOTH BY THE END OF NEXT WEEK.

Per shipment pictures of the Superduper's 11 port comp major pistola (slide-racker not installed yet)

3b7e5563.jpg

071e29aa.jpg

Banks

Edited by spankymac

In your experience/observation, w/c comp works best in taming the muzzle flip of IPSC 9 major loads, PF=+160? SJC 11port and 5 port, Carver 4(10?)port, ZEV 5 port, Jager 4port, etc?

Edited by BoyGlock

maybe its taboo to use brand names in making comparisons here? I will appreciate it if somebody point me to the rules ;)

w/ lots of posts here, I thought we have enough experience on this and share valuable inputs so others like me may be guided in choosing the better comp.

I think this hardware is the most important in an Open gun's functions so Im quite interested.

And I think you guys are as interested, so why the absence of replies?

Just wondrin :)

Maybe its more palatable to ask,

How many ports should a comp have to make it most effecient in a 9mm maj Glock Open gun? and where should those ports be located in a comp? <_<

Edited by BoyGlock

Just now seeing this. Boyglock, any one of the choices you stated are great choices. The best possible answer I can personally give you is that it's not really a matter of comp, or comp design. It's really a matter of your load and powder preferences. I run a Carver 4-port, and it runs best on autocomp powder with 135 JHP's. I don't reload personally, I have a guy I buy rounds from and that's what he loads. I'm waiting now on a sample load from Doug Carden of DCAMMO.com to see how his load is going to work for me. Not sure if this helps, but I hope it's food for thought.

It sure helps to see it differently.

I myself never thought of the different load combinations as a factor in 9maj since here in my place, the only available powder suitable for open maj loads is Vitavouri, and w/ major 9, its more limited combi due to case capacity, unlike the 38's.

Its why I tend to be dependent on the comp designs.

I was using an SJC 11-port comp and thought it was the best there is

But the comp cracked at the 5th chamber so Im on the hunt for other makes/designs

I tested its 5-port, and Carver's 10-port (I include the sideports in the count like SJC's to be consistent)

I even salvaged the cracked 11-port by sawing off the 5th chamber and end up w/ a 6-port comp, but havent decided w/c to go yet,

So I thought I might get you guys' input here.

Well, I'm a little biased here with Carver gear, but sticking to my original answer....it's really about your load. To me (just my opinion) everything else is pretty much aesthetics, and sex appeal after that.

CANT WAIT SHOULD HAVE THEM BOTH BY THE END OF NEXT WEEK.

Per shipment pictures of the Superduper's 11 port comp major pistola (slide-racker not installed yet)

3b7e5563.jpg

071e29aa.jpg

Banks

Man, I really like to look of this open glock..how does it shoot?

Shot a 5 port for 2 years on a sjc gun,shot really well.

just had a new gun built and it has a 11 port. will check

back in after i shoot it.I also have a steel gun coming with

a 5 port sjc.So should be able to give a good report.

Edited by SUPERDUPER