Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OPEN GLOCKS

fuentesd99

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a G17 open I built several years ago. I modified the SJC mount for the JP sight (note the small blast shield) with the thoughts of building a modified gun but changed my mind.......Also built the gauge legal big sticks.

Banks

IMG_0387.jpg

Here's a G17 open I built several years ago. I modified the SJC mount for the JP sight (note the small blast shield) with the thoughts of building a modified gun but changed my mind.......Also built the gauge legal big sticks.

Banks

IMG_0387.jpg

That looks just like the one i use to have.

Banks

IMG_0387.jpg

That looks just like the one i use to have.

It was....B)

Banks

So far I am thinking of a G17 open build. But I won't get to it till next year. But I will still like to get a chance to shoot yours one day just to see how it feels.

I'm going to try to make SEPSA on the 9th of June. I'll bring plenty of ammo in case we both make it. Fair warning, I'm shooting factory rounds, so it won't feel like loaded rounds with a slower burning powder. I know it would run so much better if I reloaded, but that has to wait a little while longer. Again, if you make it down, feel free. Maybe I can make a match in GA of you can't come south.

Joe

That's nice warpspeed. Hey I have a question for you. Since you are in Cali, when you shoot your Open Glock, do you have to use 10 round mags or high cap mags?

I run hi caps. Just like everyone else.

Let me rephrase that. I have six 10 rd mags for Steel Challenge and several hicaps for matches where more than 10 is useful like 3 gun or knock down steel / USPSA stuff. Not that I get to do either one much these days but that is a different story.

Edited by warpspeed

Untitled.jpg

Is that silver piece on the frt scope mount screw a thumb rest?

If so how about a pic up close to see how you did it.

Looks great.

Sure

photo-11.jpg

I took a small block of aluminum and drilled a hole. I got a longer screw than the one that came with the mount and simply attached the little block.

I have not shot it a ton yet but so far so good. I'll take it apart so you can see better but it is really simple and it puts the rest right where I want it for my thumb.

So far I am thinking of a G17 open build. But I won't get to it till next year. But I will still like to get a chance to shoot yours one day just to see how it feels.
I'm going to try to make SEPSA on the 9th of June. I'll bring plenty of ammo in case we both make it. Fair warning, I'm shooting factory rounds, so it won't feel like loaded rounds with a slower burning powder. I know it would run so much better if I reloaded, but that has to wait a little while longer. Again, if you make it down, feel free. Maybe I can make a match in GA of you can't come south. Joe

Hey sounds great. You missed a great match today at SEPSA, too bad you couldn't make it.

That's nice warpspeed. Hey I have a question for you. Since you are in Cali, when you shoot your Open Glock, do you have to use 10 round mags or high cap mags?
I run hi caps. Just like everyone else. Let me rephrase that. I have six 10 rd mags for Steel Challenge and several hicaps for matches where more than 10 is useful like 3 gun or knock down steel / USPSA stuff. Not that I get to do either one much these days but that is a different story.

Oh OK. I just figured that in Cali no high cap mags. Thought they were illegal?

Untitled.jpg

Is that silver piece on the frt scope mount screw a thumb rest?

If so how about a pic up close to see how you did it.

Looks great.

Sure

photo-11.jpg

I took a small block of aluminum and drilled a hole. I got a longer screw than the one that came with the mount and simply attached the little block.

I have not shot it a ton yet but so far so good. I'll take it apart so you can see better but it is really simple and it puts the rest right where I want it for my thumb.

Wow so simple as soon as my gun get back from bobby will look into

doing this.I like the feel of a thumb rest.Not sure if I can tell

a diiference in my match scores with one but dont think it hurts.

My old CZ check mate had one.thanks for the pic.

I run hi caps. Just like everyone else. Let me rephrase that. I have six 10 rd mags for Steel Challenge and several hicaps for matches where more than 10 is useful like 3 gun or knock down steel / USPSA stuff. Not that I get to do either one much these days but that is a different story.

According to California law, the possession of mags with a capacity greater than 10 is not illegal. However as of January 1, 2000, it is illegal to buy, manufacture, import, keep for sale, expose for sale, give or lend any large-capacity magazine in California except by law enforcement agencies, California peace officers, or licensed dealers.

I'm going to try to make SEPSA on the 9th of June. I'll bring plenty of ammo in case we both make it. Fair warning, I'm shooting factory rounds, so it won't feel like loaded rounds with a slower burning powder. I know it would run so much better if I reloaded, but that has to wait a little while longer. Again, if you make it down, feel free. Maybe I can make a match in GA of you can't come south. Joe

Hey sounds great. You missed a great match today at SEPSA, too bad you couldn't make it.

I heard. Damn this job, sometimes!!!

According to California law, the possession of mags with a capacity greater than 10 is not illegal. However as of January 1, 2000, it is illegal to buy, manufacture, import, keep for sale, expose for sale, give or lend any large-capacity magazine in California except by law enforcement agencies, California peace officers, or licensed dealers.

Oh OK, ty for enlightning me.

I heard. Damn this job, sometimes!!!

Yeah man it was good. And looks like you are going to be missing the Sunshine Games too!!!