Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Season 4: Episode 7 (27 Mar 2012)

I'm sure all the other old-time pin shooters on here are thinking the same thing I'm thinking.....that elimination challenge should have taken about 10 seconds total with no reloads necessary.

Anybody want to bet that can't be done? Anytime, anywhere. Just be sure to bring your checkbook. :devil:

I'm sure it's hard to focus when you have all those earrings jangling around, but still....that was unbelievably poor handgun shooting by both competitors.

I'm sure all the other old-time pin shooters on here are thinking the same thing I'm thinking.....that elimination challenge should have taken about 10 seconds total with no reloads necessary.

Anybody want to bet that can't be done? Anytime, anywhere. Just be sure to bring your checkbook. :devil:

I'm sure it's hard to focus when you have all those earrings jangling around, but still....that was unbelievably poor handgun shooting by both competitors.

I'm with you. Pin shooters or bullseye shooters would have nailed that. I mean they had 2 MINUTES for 20 shots. 6 seconds a shot if you don't miss and you shouldn't miss at 35'. And the gum ball challenge, if you do the math on what size a .22 bullet would be worth at 100 yds vs 35 ' , thats a 6 minute target. I guess he didn't read David tubb on shooting offhand in the wind. :rolleyes:

I thought that the trick shots were pretty good team challenges. The elimination challenge was pretty good too. I think that the red team has the upper hand again in the team challenges, as the blue team is again starting to fracture. I believe that the majority of those who will be wearing the green shirts will be from the red team.

I expect that William from the blue team will make it to getting a green shirt, and Gregory will not.

Edited by Blueridge

It looked like the paint cans flew a lot higher for the read team than they did for the blue team. Maybe it had something to do with where the first shot hit the lower paint can.

Edited by sperman

I'm with you. Pin shooters or bullseye shooters would have nailed that. I mean they had 2 MINUTES for 20 shots. 6 seconds a shot if you don't miss and you shouldn't miss at 35'. And the gum ball challenge, if you do the math on what size a .22 bullet would be worth at 100 yds vs 35 ' , thats a 6 minute target. I guess he didn't read David tubb on shooting offhand in the wind. :rolleyes:

Despite all the talk in the practice about speed, it wasn't needed in the elimination. In 4 seasons, the guys on Top Shot still haven't figured out that it is quicker to take your time and get your hits than it is to reload magazines.

Bob Vogel looked like a Boss lol Good to see him on there.

From Caleb Giddings' blog "...we’re off to the practice and holy **** it’s Bob Vogel just showing up in the middle of the episode all Christopher Walken style..." LOL

The gumball shot looked tough as did the paint cans. The tough part about the cans in the air is you don't know how high they will go, now your are reacting to a target then also trying to hit it. That's a lot of effort for people on this show this season.

I think Littlejohn shoulda went to the elimination rather than William. They threw Will under the bus - they made him shoot the gumballs because he performed best at it, though he most likely would have aced the bowling pin shots. Meanwhile, Littlejohn went 1 for 3 while saying "I shot it at the same place each time"....... No you didn't.

Didn't Will earn the most points for the team? I thought those gumballs were worth 3 points each and everything else was worth 1 point.

Seems to me like Will got thrown under the bus even though he earned the most points.

Didn't Will earn the most points for the team? I thought those gumballs were worth 3 points each and everything else was worth 1 point.

Seems to me like Will got thrown under the bus even though he earned the most points.

Exactly.

It looked like the paint cans flew a lot higher for the read team than they did for the blue team. Maybe it had something to do with where the first shot hit the lower paint can.

I did not see where people were hitting the cans but there was a target on the lower third of the bottom can. My guess is, the closer you hit to the bullseye, the better jump you will get. I did notice for the blue team that one jumped less than the others so either the location of the hit did matter or it was a REF.

I always enjoy the trick shot episodes. Almost no one gets to practice that stuff, so it's a fairly level playing field. I recently shot at the Pueblo Tactical Rifle match. I can attest that a 6moa target, off hand in gusting wind is pretty tough. William would have been a winner in my book had he hit 50%. I agree, Littlejohn should have gone. Only reason William went is cuz he honked off the team at just the wrong time. Littlejohn has been getting on everyone's nerves since the beginning, and he can't shoot.

Chee looks mad enough to beat down a camera man. I have to admit, I'd be pretty torqued if I went to a shooting competition and never got to shoot. You watch, next week will be lawn darts or something and chee will get eliminated. The dude will be looking for one of those grenade launchers.

Only reason William went is cuz he honked off the team at just the wrong time.

I agree. Not wanting to shoot the rifle during practice, "Hey Diddle Diddle, right down the middle", and my favorite..."I'm a good shot". He needed to go 4 for 4 to not get voted into the elimination challenge.

Quote of the night....Did he just tell the world champion "I'm a good shot"?

Chee looks mad enough to beat down a camera man. I have to admit, I'd be pretty torqued if I went to a shooting competition and never got to shoot. You watch, next week will be lawn darts or something and chee will get eliminated. The dude will be looking for one of those grenade launchers.

LOL, I was going to say it looks like he's ready to go postal, but they don't let him play with the guns, so that's not likely!!

Only reason William went is cuz he honked off the team at just the wrong time.

I agree. Not wanting to shoot the rifle during practice, "Hey Diddle Diddle, right down the middle", and my favorite..."I'm a good shot". He needed to go 4 for 4 to not get voted into the elimination challenge.

Yup. Eliminating William at this point is good strategy. There's only one more team challenge. Why not get rid of one of the better shooters if you can.

I would have asked to go ahead and shoot just for kicks and bragging rights.

Trying to shoot gumballs offhand with a .22 with wind is extremely difficult. That rifle is not very heavy and the wind was pushing it around which tells you a bit about how much wind there was. The fact that Mr. "I'm a Good Shot" hit even one says he's either very good or very lucky.

Not shooting them might be a tactical advantage. There can be an advantage in not revealing your strength (or weakness) to an enemy. Shoot them and hit or miss, you have shown the other competitors something.

After seeing the shooing "Talent" on this seasons show I think I would throw the team under the bus on every team challenge and keep racking up the $2000 Bass Pro Shops gift cards. They usually vote the most "Hated" and "Worst Performer" into the elimination challenge. Its not to hard to be the "Bad Guy" that everyone hates and get sent to the elimination challenge with the "Weak Link" of the team to take to the cleaners.

Edited by CHA-LEE

After seeing the shooing "Talent" on this seasons show I think I would throw the team under the bus on every team challenge and keep racking up the $2000 Bass Pro Shops gift cards. They usually vote the most "Hated" and "Worst Performer" into the elimination challenge. Its not to hard to be the "Bad Guy" that everyone hates and get sent to the elimination challenge with the "Weak Link" of the team to take to the cleaners.

now there's a risky gambit...

Go for $2000 and a chance to get eliminated, or avoid the elimination challenge and stick around for $100K ($37.29 after taxes and lost income) :)