Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Season 4: Episode 7 (27 Mar 2012)

I'm going to defend William's statement of "I'm a good shot." He said that he was on the Marine team. He is a Bullseye Pistol and Highpower Rifle shooter. He is also distinguished with both. Very few shooters earn one distinguished badge and fewer still earn both. So in my book that makes him a pretty good bullseye type shooter. :sight:

I'm going to defend William's statement of "I'm a good shot." He said that he was on the Marine team. He is a Bullseye Pistol and Highpower Rifle shooter. He is also distinguished with both. Very few shooters earn one distinguished badge and fewer still earn both. So in my book that makes him a pretty good bullseye type shooter. :sight:

When I used to play music for a living, I noticed that the guys who made it a point to brag about every stadium they'd played, studio they'd recorded in, or band they'd toured with were never as good as the guys who just shrugged their shoulders and said "yeah, I play a little." Seems like I see the same thing at the range.

If you have to tell people you're somebody, how much of a somebody can you be?

BB

After seeing the shooing "Talent" on this seasons show I think I would throw the team under the bus on every team challenge and keep racking up the $2000 Bass Pro Shops gift cards. They usually vote the most "Hated" and "Worst Performer" into the elimination challenge. Its not to hard to be the "Bad Guy" that everyone hates and get sent to the elimination challenge with the "Weak Link" of the team to take to the cleaners.

now there's a risky gambit...

Go for $2000 and a chance to get eliminated, or avoid the elimination challenge and stick around for $100K ($37.29 after taxes and lost income) :)

To me risking being eliminated for a chance to capture $2000 Bass Pro Shops gift cards is worth it. I would feel a lot better about that verses "Avoiding" the elimination challenges and then end up with a big goose egg once the green shirts come out. Plus the guys going to elimination get an opportunity to do a LOT more shooting than everyone else. I would rather go out shooting the most I can verses squabbling in a house. Look at the Chee dude, he has probably done the LEAST amount of actual shooting on the show out of everyone. I would be pretty bummed to spend a month of my life away from my family to participate in a shooting show where I don't get to shoot.

Iggy was at our indoor club last night for IPSC League (for lack of a

better name). He was a nice guy and shot pretty good. He's a Chicago

Metra Cop and the guy he came with introduced us, since I am a retired

cop. Never asked him about Top Shot.

Trying to shoot gumballs offhand with a .22 with wind is extremely difficult.

This is the Internet. We all shoot gumballs offhand with a .22 with wind -- as a warm-up before taking out certain higher-value targets in the Middle East that we can't talk about for OPSEC reasons.

Yeah, but when I do it, I do it at 200 yards using iron sights at night.

CHA-LEE, have you auditioned for the show? I'd love to see you try out your strategy.

I have auditioned. TWICE in fact. I guess they don't want a fat ass from Colorado that will go for broke on the show :devil:

Were those aluminum bottle openers? It looks like the .22 ammo really put a big gouge in the opener when they hit it..

The rifle may have been a .22 Magnum. The bullets they showed in the slow motion footage looked like FMJBT.

Definitely not a 22LR bullet in the slo-mo footage, I expect was stock footage not even from that particular event.

Eric

Definitely not a 22LR bullet in the slo-mo footage, I expect was stock footage not even from that particular event.

Eric

Yeah they seem to do that a lot recently. On one of the paint can ones, one of those slo-mo shots that the red team took was the exact same slo-mo used during the stage description. TV magic!