Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How much does your rifle weigh?

waktasz

8.8 pounds. Seems pretty light to me, although I guess I wish it was lighter. My Burris optic and mount is definitely a good chunk of that, I think I'm at 6.5 or so without optic.

Yankee Hill upper and lower. Lothar Walther medium contour 20" barrel. Clark carbon handguard.

Edited by waktasz

8lbs 13oz. JP CTR02, 18" light contour barrel with XL handguard, Larue mount and Nightforce NXS 1-4. I want it lighter.

9lbs 15oz. Armalite AR10, 20" govt(ish) profile barrel with JP XL handguard, Armalite front sight base mounted right behind SJC titan comp. No optic, Heavy Metal rifle. My M1A weighs approx the same.

Hurley

My 3 gun rifle weighs a shade under 7 lbs. with EoTech. This gun is a 16" rifle with light weight Lilja/Nordic barrel, JP comp, JP LMOS, and Clark Carbon HG.

It's nothing super fancy but has become my favorite rifle and runs like a champ!

6lb 2 oz with a dot sight (a little more with the scope but haven't weighed it since change). 16" DPMS pencil barreled upper on a Cav arms lower, with a rifle length YHM float tube (I want a carbon fiber tube but I'm to cheep to buy one). probably not the best set up for long range off hand shooting but mot of the stages I get to shoot are close range, the long range stages normally have something (the ground) I can rest on.

Mike

9.9 lbs empty, with iron sights... It might be heavy, but it sure is stable... ;)

Mine is a pig too, but it just sits there. When I watch video you can't tell when I'm firing if the sound is muted.

8.81lbs. It is a jp ctr 02 with an 18 inch bbl. and a jp 15 lower. It is topped with a S&B short dot in a larue mount. I purchased a Professional Ordnance with compitition in mind. it tips the scales at 5.22 pounds with a cheap 1.5 to 5 power scope. I learned early on that I prefer a little heavy to a little to light.

I'm not sure what my total rifle weight is... My postage scale tops out at 5#... But I found out something interesting... My Burris MTAC 1-4x in an ADM mount only weights 2 oz lighter than my Leupold VX-R Patrol 3-9x in the same model mount. So is that from the Leupold being light or the MTAC being heavy? Seems weird...

6lb 2 oz with a dot sight (a little more with the scope but haven't weighed it since change). 16" DPMS pencil barreled upper on a Cav arms lower, with a rifle length YHM float tube (I want a carbon fiber tube but I'm to cheep to buy one). probably not the best set up for long range off hand shooting but mot of the stages I get to shoot are close range, the long range stages normally have something (the ground) I can rest on.

Mike

The Clark Custom carbon hand guard is only $100. That's what came on my rifle when I got it and I'm very happy with it. It's simple but it's light.

Gettin stuff out and blowing off the dust of my 3 gun stuff!!!

My CTR-02 3 gun match rifle comes in at 8lbs 4 oz, with a 18"light weight contour barrel, the ACE butt stock, Burris 2x7 tac scope and Firebird Dominator comp. About a pound heavier than I'd like to see. It used to have an Ultra lite barrel on it that brought it down to that 7 pound mark, but I shot that out a few years back.

My Nordic NC22 Rimfire rifle with a custom sleeved barrel, CRS stock, Iron sights comes in at 4 lbs 15 ounces. Fast on steel!!

My coyote rig (.223)which is pretty much a Frankenstein Cav arms lower, DPMS upper, JP tube and 18" custom ultra lite weight barrel (no comp)and an old weaver 3X scope tipe the scales at 5 lbs 2 ounces. Great to haul around in the winter on snow shoes.

Personally, I like a light rifle, you can whip them around on the short stuff faster, and heck for long distance....aren't you supported? Let the comp do it's work.

Tim

As for Burris scopes, I like them, however they are heavier than your average scope....atleast thats the way it used to be. Pentax always seemed to be the heaviest of them all.

Tim

My 18" field carbine is all complete and just weight it last night. Comes in at 9# 7oz with a 3-9x Leupold VX-R Patrol, 15" Troy hand guard, 18" Stainless HBAR with rifle length gas system and AAC brake. That weight doesn't include the suppressor. Its gonna get used for the field team matches that Competition Dynamics and others are putting on.

My barrel will show up for my 16" 3-Gun upper on Tuesday and I'll get that weighted when it's done.

Okay, I'll bite: My bathroom scale isn't exactly a precise instrument, so I'm going to call it 8lbs 12oz. I set mine up a little heavier on purpose with an ACE rifle length adjustable buttstock since I like the balance it gives the gun, right smack at the magazine well. For the record it's a 16.5" M-4 profile with a Burris. The optic is a bit heavy, but I like it. I also have BUIS's on it and yes could lose a few ounces by removing them but since they're zeroed, I don't want to mess with what ain't broke. I'm nothing special with a rifle and not planning to shoot it anywhere other than locally, so like somebody else said, if I can't handle that extra one # then my biggest problem is the need to hit the gym more.