Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which range bag is better POLL

Derek45

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:

I now bring the smaller SC Ultra bag with me to matches, but, honestly, it stays in my home club's stats shack, or, after I gear up, in the car on away matches. I use the stage bag from my original big SC bag to tote around ammo, scoresheets, cleaning tools and something to eat/drink. A lot less to carry.

I've been tempted to get one of those folding hand carts. Two problems I see, though. First, they're too low - in rainy weather our range gets pretty swampy. Second, I'd be back to lugging a lot of junk around.

Edited by kevin c

I like the CED professional deluxe range bag with the extra couple of pockets. It is small enough for trips, yet big enough to haul all off the "stuff" necessary for a match.

My how times change.....

I moved from the Shooter's Connection bag (too big, too stiff -- but a first class bag you really can't go wrong with) to the big iShot bag (too big, but lockable and able to wrap around your hip a little, also a really good bag) to a Maxpedition Falcon II backpack. The Falcon II is also huge, but carries small, and is very easy to work out of in an organized fashion. Bonus points -- less shoulder/back pain, because I can distribute the load over both shoulders....

I've tried everything CED offers (sold them) won a small/medium one from bagmaster at A5 and i love it as an ammobag but so far I've had the best luck keeping my SC pro tournement bag organized :cheers: both are well made and i love both

ETA- uh well most of what ced has still love the SC bag

Edited by TRUbor9

Worked my way through (and wore out) a number of bags until I got my Shooters Connection bag. When we all jump in a pickup to go to the stage at the far end of the range, it even makes a great seat for a skinny guy like me. :D

Curtis

Edited by BayouSlide

• 2 weeks later...

In reference of all bags. They all are not that great. And I have had them all. If I had the material I would make a bag better than any of them. Almost all of them where they sew the cloth comes apart.Some have only one line of thread going through it. The handles are the first thing to come apart.From now on I will buy cheap bags and throw them out after each year. Sorry for the rant ladies and gentleman.

Just got my Midway USA compact competition bag and I'm very pleased with quality and size. It's smaller and still holds same amount of stuff :surprise:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=167522&cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Shooting%20-%20Gun%20Cases%20%26%20Safes-_-PriceCompListing-_-167522

Edited by Scott Steele

Shooters connection all the way!

The midway bag is kind of a cheap knock off of the Shooters Connection bag. Whats the saying buy once cry once. I have seen the quality of the midway bag, try stacking 4 cases of bullets on that bag and see what it does! Lol.

:cheers: I would like to throw in my 2Cents and a vote for The new Goutdoors.com range bags. I have a CED, Shooters connection tournement bag, MidwayUSA, Academy(same as Midway bag) and two Goutdoors bags. The Goutdoors bags are by far the best of the bunch for me. I am OCD and a bag whore as my wife says. Must have a bag for all things and occurances. The Goutdoors bag are super organized, 3 different sizes, tons of velcro add ons, and priced right for everyone. All of these range bags have their own positive attributes and features. You just need to find what works for you. I met the guys that designed and make the Goutdoors bags and they seem like a great bunch of folks, they are shooters and are designing from that point of veiw, take a look and you will be supprised.

:cheers: I would like to throw in my 2Cents and a vote for The new Goutdoors.com range bags. I have a CED, Shooters connection tournement bag, MidwayUSA, Academy(same as Midway bag) and two Goutdoors bags. The Goutdoors bags are by far the best of the bunch for me. I am OCD and a bag whore as my wife says. Must have a bag for all things and occurances. The Goutdoors bag are super organized, 3 different sizes, tons of velcro add ons, and priced right for everyone. All of these range bags have their own positive attributes and features. You just need to find what works for you. I met the guys that designed and make the Goutdoors bags and they seem like a great bunch of folks, they are shooters and are designing from that point of veiw, take a look and you will be supprised.

Do you have a link to these other bags? I googled it and some funky things came up....

• 7 months later...

I'm bumping an old thread with a long Legacy! So I don't think it hurts to bump it.

I am looking at the SC Tournament vs the Green Mountain Big bag.

Which is bigger?

Any feelings about pluses versus minuses of each bag?

I'm looking for info from people who have experience in both bags.

I just started using the new American Shooters Edge bag and I love it. It has room for everything you need and is made very well. Designed by a fellow shooter and offered at a great price. Used it some of last year and have no complaints at all about it. I have tried SC, CED and several others over the past 12 years of USPSA shooting and this bag rates at the top of my list.

When all the other bags copy a SC bag which one do you think is best....

The SC bag is great. There are other, great non-derivative bags.....

Green Mountain makes a good bag, so does Waller.....

iShot used to make a great range bag -- but I don't see it in their current inventory....

Maxpedition makes some great non-traditional range backs -- ranging in size from slings to full backpacks....

And I just saw the Double Alpha backpack -- it's a monster, and looks to be solidly built and well designed....

I find a backpack easier on the body for any given weight....

• 2 months later...

Ressurecting an old thread for it's biannual refreshing!

I believe iShot has a limimted run of it's original range bag (this is in response to Nik who said he can't find that bag)

And the Goutdoors range bags are hard to find in Google, but it looks like Bud's (amongst many other) are selling it online.

FYI