Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which range bag is better POLL

Derek45

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am debating between the SC and the Green Mountain bag.

I like the idea that the green Mountain bag has all those Velcros straps to put tools in.

Does anyone have any pictures of the inside of a SC bag that they can post or send me.

Thanks

:)

My dear wife gave me a SC bag for Christmas last. Leaving the magazine ad all over the house helped.;)

I have used Bagmaster and found it to be a very good bag with good customer support.

I looked long and hard at ISHOT but found some things not to my lking although again, it is a good bag and they also have very good customer support.

Many that I shoot with use the Dillon bag. It did not fit my needs.

When I decided to upgrade to a good quality bag, I looked at Waller, Green Mountain, and the Shooter's Connection bag. Shooter's Connection is what I decided on. All the others seem to be copies of one sort or another. If the bag is good enough to try to copy, I decided I wanted the original.

I have not been sorry. I usually leave the bag in my vehicle and use the stage bag insert. The stage bag is as strong as a Dillon bag and easy to carry around. I shoot revolver and it holds my moon clips in the compartments and I use the mag holders for demooner tools etc.

After receiving my Christmas gift, my wife told me how great Chuck was to deal with and how quick the shipment was.

Purchasing this bag was not easy for a non shooter, but she did fine :)

Regards,

Gary

Green Mountain(Laregest one) for Big Matches/Training

Shooters Connection(tournament size) Every now and then

Uncle Mikes(Deluxe)at the range when not practicing IPSC drills/stages

Plan on getting the new Guga Ribas All Day Shooting Bag.

I'm using a Blackhawk Patrol Pack that I got from URL=http://www.lpstactical.com]LPS Tactical[/url], its great! It has enough pouches on the inside and outside of the bag to keep everything seperate so you don't have to dig for anything, which is the biggest complaint I've seen about backpacks. I carry pretty much a small mountain of gear, and I was getting tired of having my Dillon bag bounce and hit my leg while walking, making it difficult. I looked at the Guga Ribas pack, but I wasn't sure it was quite what I was looking for, I found the Patrol Pack on Blackhawk's page and could see that it had enough compartments to keep orgainzied. The only thing I have stacked in the bottom of the main compartment is ammo, with my inner belt on top of it. If you use a Hydrastorm or Camelbak system, it has slots to feed the tube already cut, if you don't, its just one more place ot put stuff. It's $179.95 with UPS ground shipping from LPS Tactical.

• 2 months later...

Just picked up the SC bag to replace my worn-out Dillon bag (10+ yrs old). I love the SC bag, very well thought out.

Another plug for Chuck: he supports the sport, has great gear at good prices, and his service is 1st rate.

Green mountain would be my 2d choice.

SF

SC is "THE" bag to have. Strong, well thought out and big enough for all my stuff. I'd like to get a black one when my blue one wears out. Guess I'll never get that black one!

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my SC bag today. I only have previous ownership experience with a Hafner bag, which was a nice bag.

The SC bag is a lot nicer than my Hafner bag was. For starters, it's huge. I have a Dillon Bordershift bag that I've been using to tote stuff around in - it fits *inside* the inner bag that comes with the SC bag!! All my ammo is loose, right now so I just dropped the Bordershift inside to carry the ammo. The bag seems to be well constructed, and made from tough material.

Well done!!

I just moved to a new range bag and I'm hooked, it's a Guga Ribas.

http://www.gugaribas.com.br/ComercoEletron...utosMochila.asp

I'm trying to take everything that I need but Only what I need and this bag seems to fit the bill.

Mag pouches, ammo area, lots of pockets, brass bag, tie down straps for an external load, insulated Hydrastorm on the side, cell phone pocket on the front shoulder strap and a little stool ta boot!

It's nice walking around the range with my hands free and having the wieght balanced over both shoulders instead of having to do "The Lean."

I just bought the I-shot tournament revolver bag. I like the layout a lot and it's setup for revolver or semi-auto (mag and loaded moon clip holders.) I almost didn't buy it because of the plastic rings and shoulder strap clips. I was assured that they would replace anything that would break and supposedly any problems are few and far between. My only other beef was that the brass pouch that comes with it is ridiculously small. I bought their large bag at the same time to solve that problem. I was close to buying the SC, but it's too big to fit in my motorcycle's trunk :). The I-shot just fits!

I'm thinking about getting an Uncle Mike brand Field bag. I want a bag with multiple outside pockets to help me organize for 2-3 pistols. It would be more of a range bag than a bag for a large match. If this is a horrible bag, somebody please tell me. Here's a couple of links.

http://www.unclemikes.com/adtemplate.asp?i...ky1=&subcatky2=

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/...leitemid=916797

I ordered a Shooter's Connection bag. Back home I've been using an old American Tourister shoulder bag. It did the job, but with just one main compartment, and the two end pouches I'd spend more time digging for stuff. So I figgured I'd try to salvage my sanity and treat myself to a bag that seems to have it all. I like to haul a lot of stuff around, so I'm thinking the SC bag should work for me. B)

Shooter's Connection seems to be on the ball with their online orders. I ordered the bag on June 30 and got an email on July 1 saying my order has been shipped. I wont be home for a couple more weeks so it looks like it'll be there waiting for me. :D

I'm using the $20 Allen bag that Wallyworld sells but I don't trust it. I've been carrying two bags, one stays in the trunk with extra stuff (holsters, rain gear, ammo) and then just what I need goes with me and I still don't trust the shoulder strap. When buckled for cash, its alright, but so is the $7.96 Rubbermaid tool bag that Wallyworld sells.

When it came down to $20 or $140, that's almost a case of ammo, I figured I could stand carrying something I don't trust from breaking...until the funds come available to plop down the cash, but when that time comes, it'll be SC for certain.

• 6 years later...

I gave up on bags and use a Stanley toolcart. It takes about the same amount of stuff but organizes it better, has wheels and can be sat on when necessary :D

Kevin

I just bought the 19 dollar stanley tool box with wheels / I figure out it looks durable to sit on and can hold my icebox below and many other junks then more stuff on top , is that the same one you are using? do u find it durable enough?