Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which range bag is better POLL

Derek45

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This depends on what you want a bag for.. Noting that the CED and Dillon bags are to my knowledge one and the same, I voted for the Shooters' connection bags only because I have two-- and they were both free off prize tables (which means Chuck supports us very well), although I sometimes still use my battered Dillon when I travel-- the smaller size comes in handy and I prefer the fitted, padded pistol pockets over the SC's "put it in here somewhere" model.

Basically, what shred said... it depends on your needs.

I too have a Shooters Connection's Tournament bag. It's huge and heavy but it's just the right size for me to pack all my stuff for the outdoor range.

OTH I like the smaller i-shot Pro-Shooter's bag when I don't want to drag all my gears to the range or match. i-shot's quality is first rate and Helmie is an excellent guy to deal with.

I hop between using my Dillon bag and the Craftsman rolling toolbox. I like the rolling toolbox because it doubles as a seat. Only problem is it's size. When going to matches where we carpool, it takes up a lot of cargo space, but it's handy if you need to drag heavy stuff (lots of ammo) and you don't want to carry it. It would not be something I'd take with me if I were to fly somewhere. I won the Dillon bag at a match somewhere (Area 2 I think). I would not overlook another one at some future match. B)

Vince

I don't care for a really large bag. I don't want to lug it around the range.

I tend to go with the heavy-duty tool bags (cheap and tough...they do a great job).

But, I keep coming back to my 5-gallon bucket, with "Bucket Boss" pockets, and a lid to sit on.

I love the Shooter's Connection bag...... it's large for just a quick trip to range, but its perfect for lugging your gear around a 2-3 day match. And Chuck at SC is a top notch guy, and great supporter of all the major matches. Gets my vote just because of that, besides the fact its the best bag in its class. :P

I gave up on bags and use a Stanley toolcart. It takes about the same amount of stuff but organizes it better, has wheels and can be sat on when necessary :D

Kevin

Big fan of I-Shot; it matters to me too that they are supporters of USPSA. They also support IDPA. Their product support reminds me of Dillon.

If you decide to buy a different brand, please do us all a favor & insist on buying one from a company that supports the action shooting sports.

I just purchased a Bagmaster Tournament Model 1 bag, and am completely satisfied with it. The Bagmaster dealer here really supports us local shooters, so I try to give him my business when I can.

Ray

I love my huge CED Professional. I used a small Dillon bag before this one, and the CED is so much more comfortable (better zippers and strap) and bigger (yes, it IS better to have a rangebag with ALL your stuff in it, instead of just a selection of the most usefull stuff.

I see range bags, toolboxes, Roughneck packers, garden wagons and backpacks on the range.

Depending upon the match, I use:

Shooters Connection Range Bag

Daughters red wagon, with range bag sitting inside

4x6 Trailer to haul wagons, range bags, umbrellas, chairs and etc. to the range.

Personally I have a BlackHawk Duty bag that served very well till I got the SC. I still use it.

As someone else said, what are you doing "Today" that will have the greatest impact on how you carry your stuff and how much you take.

Jim

I use a Shooters Connection bag most of the time --- but have been known to use either a Bagmaster or a Domke (camera) bag to work out of --- especially at matches where there's a lot of walking involved. In those cases I throw the always packed SC bag in the truck and add the smaller bag empty and just transfer what I think I'll need when I get to the match.

I have a couple of the medium sized I-shot bags --- one holds all my rifle gear (ammo, mags, mag pouches, dropped T-rig, cleaning supplies, tools, etc.) the other one all of my shotgun gear for three gun matches. Helmie designed and manufactured the bag that was given away at the Smith & Wesson IDPA Winter Championships this year --- a small but first class bag to hold a couple of guns, mags, and a few other things. If I was willing to use plugs instead of electronic ears, I could fit everything I needed. The zippers overlap and are padlockable, so it's a great bag form my open gun --- which didn't fit in anything I owned.

I started out with a Dillon, then got a Bagmaster then finally got the SC bag. I don't see me buying another bag for a few years. When the twins start shooting I'll be calling Chuck for a couple bags for them. Best damn bag on the market. Big enough to carry all the crap you could ever need and then some. The stage bag insert is nice for the times you don't need everything. It is the best built and thought out bag. The only drawback is it doesn't come with the padded pistol case like the Bagmaster. If Chuck added that it would be the perfect bag.

Started with a Bagmaster, now I use the big SC bag that I picked up off the prize table at last year's Area I (let me add my thanks to the chorus, Chuck). Love all the pockets to stuff things into, though, being a packrat, mebbe it means I'm lugging around 15# more than I need to. Otherwise, couldn't be happier.

Oh shi... I put the wrong vote.. I used to carry my old Tamrac camera bag (not a bad choice) but now I carry the Shooter Connection bag - awesome.

Now I only need a golf cart (shade, a place to sit, to carry the 500lbs range bag, and a frige) and my range equipment is complete...

Now I only need a golf cart (shade, a place to sit, to carry the 500lbs range bag, and a frige) and my range equipment is complete...

A caddy would be nice too...

I got a SC bag. Chuck is great! Not only does he support the sport, he stands by his product. One of the straps riped out of the body of the bag after about a year. I sent it back and he replaced it with a brand new unit.

There are a number of high quality bags out there, but it's worth noting that Green Mountain offers great support. I send the carry strap to a 10+ year old bag back to them since the clip broke and made it clear iI was willing to pay for a replacement.

A replacement was shipped promptly and free, with a note to the effect of "the design has changed - if this does not work call us and we will get you something that does."

I've also found there is a great correlation between sponsorship and customer support, and Green Mountain is no exception. Companies where are generous at prize tables tend to be generous when their customers need support, and the converse is often true.

I used to have a Shooter's Connection bag but I found it too big.

First it was neat, I could put all my gear inside of it, but, the weight , man, the weight :( !!!

I ended using a CED bag and an accessory bag from CED too to carry my ammo.

Now the weight is better balanced between my luggage.

Dillon bags - been through 5 of them - they all ripped. And while their customer service is awesome and they do repair and/or replace them, I just got tired of being without my range bag!

Hafner - David has the custom made BIG bag - I think it's for camera equipment, not shooting, but damn, whattabag! Thankfully, he's big enough to carry the damn thing around - I can't lift it!

Shooter's Connection :wub: I waited for years for mine and will never ever use another bag, ever! Awesome quality, room for everything, and it's not SO big that you fill it up and can't carry it!