Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First fat free 7 inch?

mpolans

I heard an 8 inch will safely make major with WWB 9mm ammo!!!

If Taran calls 6" guns "John Holmes guns", what would be the appropriate term for a 7- or 8-incher?

I'd say "Mr. Hands's playthings". NB: do not search "Mr. Hands" if you're easily disturbed.

7" longslide is so 80's :yawn:

AMT Hardballer Longslide: A version with an extended 7 in (178 mm) barrel, introduced in 1980. It has the same qualities as the Hardballer but with slide and barrel lengthened by 2 in (51 mm).

Edited by mwx40x40

That's funny! I was just talking to my smith about this tonight... I want a skeleton slide. He wants to make it out of carbon fiber.... Maybe a compromise? He said "why would you need that?" I said"what need????" Maybe next winters' project.

I asked him how he planned on welding the 2 slide pieces together. He laughed and said, "propane". :goof: Don't know if CF would work, but, man, talk about your low mass slides! He also mentioned a 5" slide / barrel with a full profile 2" comp that looks like the slide. Told him that's cheating! I thought about a Bar-Sto 7", skeleton slide, and a belt slide holster. Pretty cool for plate matches!

Well..................

I have a SEVEN AND A HALF INCH fat free Glock 17. It shoots like a dream. With 8.4 grains of Vectan SP2 and a 124 grain FMJ it EASILY makes IPSC major, and some.

dot sight = not Limited legal.

Well..................

I have a SEVEN AND A HALF INCH fat free Glock 17. It shoots like a dream. With 8.4 grains of Vectan SP2 and a 124 grain FMJ it EASILY makes IPSC major, and some.

Yes correct it is an OPEN I.P.S.C pistol, 7 1/12 inch ported barrel.

Regarding LIMITED I don't think any pistol with 7 1/2" tube would fit the box ?

Correct me if I am wrong but I am sure I have seen some pretty nicely built LIMITED pistols with "melted in" red dots on this forum ?

Edited by malagamarksman

Well..................

Yes correct it is an OPEN I.P.S.C pistol, 7 1/12 inch ported barrel.

Regarding LIMITED I don't think any pistol with 7 1/2" tube would fit the box ?

Correct me if I am wrong but I am sure I have seen some pretty nicely built LIMITED pistols with "melted in" red dots on this forum ?

USPSA Limited doesn't have a box. IPSC Standard doesn't allow dots either, only Open and Modified.