Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ESP 1911's 9+1 or 10+1

Mike21STI

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10+1 for me. I like dumping the 11th round, because it makes Bill Wilson cry.

See, I like 9+1 that way I get to explain to every SO that it is indeed legal to shoot with 9 round mags in ESP and no they can't give me a PE for it. :blink:

I had one stage the last match where 9+1 (or 7+1 CDP) would have been an advantage.

If you find that an even number of shots in the gun is a big advantage then either (or probably both)...

Your MD is unimagninatve and sets out a high proportion of double taps and no steel.

AND

You seldom if ever miss.

I know sneaky MDs and I make up more misses than I (am tempted to) dump.

10+1 is better for me only because I can't get 15+1.

Thought it has been a little while since I dusted off the 9mm 1911, I always run it 10+1. I can see in theory where once in a while 9+1 would be an advantage but in real life I just don't see it. Also keeps things the same for me when I shoot SSP.

Statistically, the 10+1 will provide an advantage. If all COFs are created randomly the even or odd rounds won't matter, after a big enough sample of COFs is shot. In additional, without knowledge of a MD's tendencies or the general tendencies of all IDPA MDs this advantage is just pure luck.

So in the end you're just left with the inherent differences of the mag itself. In that regard the the 10+1 mag will allow for fewer reloads over the long haul, wheather it be from taking extra shots or longer COFs, etc.

How big or small an advantage that really is I don't know.

When I shoot ESP I use 9+1 because I bought a bunch of cheap mags with the "Loaded coupon" before there were many/any reliable 10 rd mags.

See, I like 9+1 that way I get to explain to every SO that it is indeed legal to shoot with 9 round mags in ESP and no they can't give me a PE for it. :blink:

Oh, you're THAT guy.... :roflol:

Oh, you're THAT guy.... :roflol:

Yes, yes I am.