Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.2.6 Discharge while reloading during the course of fire

just to clarify the situation he was holding the shotgun with his strong hand and was reaching for some shells "loading shells" the shot landed more than 9 ft in front of him it did not make a differance who he was I have DQ several top shooters yes this was close but it was not a DQ

How is this not a DQ? Discharge while reloading. Rule #2.2.6 ???

BTW the shot landed closer than 10 from his feet. Not that it matters.

Just looking for clarification...

One recommendation I would make for next yaer is to actually shuffle the names in the prize box before drawing.

6 guys from our squad were drawn in the bottom 15....:(

Edited by Onagoth

I had a great time. Matches are really the best way to learn what you need to work on to improve.

ROs were great, stages were great, staff was great. Thanks to all the sponsors. I have to say I think Air Miller was my favorite stage.

Condolences to Linda on her loss. Thanks to Ms. Kitty for taking over for her.

One recommendation I would make for next yaer is to actually shuffle the names in the prize box before drawing.

Are you from Team Hoser?

Coolest shirts at the match!

Clairification? OK less than 10 feet is still more than 9 feet. Hope that helps.

I find it strange that you were allowed to be that close to the shooter while he was shooting the stage, that you would see the same thing as the R.O.. The instructions to the R.O.s was the benifit of the call goes to the shooter. If the R.O. decided it wasn't a safety concern he proceeded correctly. For example on Pro #6 we had a shooter who was reaching for shells, realised he had a bird in the air, and fired his shotgun with one hand from the hip. He broke the bird! Technically that would fit your definition as a D.Q., but how would you call that? he obviously hit the target, but what if he had missed? it,s only ok if you hit a traget? you are trying to paint black and white in a gray world, and I stand by the calls my R.O.s made, because they are the ones right there with the shooter not back behind the start box and guessing at what they saw.

I am not saying you are wrong. I know you believe you saw what you saw, but unless you were right there with the shooter and had the same exact view point as the R.O. it is afully hard to make the same call, but it sure is easy to "Monday Morning Quaterback". I know that the sports you watch on T.V. have had what you think are ref,s making "bad" calls, but unless you are on the field, and seeing what they see, it is best to give them the benifit of the doubt.

I would like to appologize to anyone who had "bad R.O.s", I felt we assembled a great field of R.O.s for the match, who were of the mind set to be there to help the shooters, not gleefully D.Q. any and all for "gray area" calls. Is everyone perfect? NO! Do we try YES! Hope in the end you had fun, drank free beer, walked a great prize table and will come back, if not I wish you well in your shooting endevors and hope to see you on down the shooting trail some time. Kurt Miller R.M. AR-15Pro-Am 3-Gun Match.

Edited by kurtm

I thought ALL the RO's were AWESOME. They busted their ass and I absolutely appreciate the work they put in. We couldn't have these matches without RO's volunteering their time and energy, having to arrive early and often leave late. Then keep everything running smoothly, keep stages safe, and make snap judgment calls in a very dynamic environment. Hat's off to all them and the range masters that herd the cats. I shot Pro, and stage 5 was as professionally run as any other stage in my perspective.

Had a blast last year, had a blast this year. Was so sad on the drive home that it was over.

The ONLY thing I was left wanting was about another day of shooting.

Edited by Kevin Holman

I can't speak for the Pro stages, but my crew and I thought the AM stages were top notch and very professionally ran. I personally witnessed multiple RO's interact with shooters in a more than gracious manner.

In fact, I would like to say a special thanks to Kurt Miller for his help on AM Stage 7 on Friday evening. His actions really made an impression on some new shooters and the way he dealt with some of the new shooters was nothing short of first class.

It takes a ton of effort and talent to pull off a successful 3 gun event, much less TWO in the same location at the same time! My hats off to everyone involved in making it happen. Sure there were hiccups, but there always are no matter where you go. Sometimes you hear about them, sometimes you don't. I will say though, that if you went and didn't have fun, then it's no one's fault but your own.

YMMV, but for me and mine, we'll be back for more!

Godspeed,

Chase

Clairification? OK less than 10 feet is still more than 9 feet. Hope that helps.

I find it strange that you were allowed to be that close to the shooter while he was shooting the stage, that you would see the same thing as the R.O.. The instructions to the R.O.s was the benifit of the call goes to the shooter. If the R.O. decided it wasn't a safety concern he proceeded correctly. For example on Pro #6 we had a shooter who was reaching for shells, realised he had a bird in the air, and fired his shotgun with one hand from the hip. He broke the bird! Technically that would fit your definition as a D.Q., but how would you call that? he obviously hit the target, but what if he had missed? it,s only ok if you hit a traget? you are trying to paint black and white in a gray world, and I stand by the calls my R.O.s made, because they are the ones right there with the shooter not back behind the start box and guessing at what they saw.

I am not saying you are wrong. I know you believe you saw what you saw, but unless you were right there with the shooter and had the same exact view point as the R.O. it is afully hard to make the same call, but it sure is easy to "Monday Morning Quaterback". I know that the sports you watch on T.V. have had what you think are ref,s making "bad" calls, but unless you are on the field, and seeing what they see, it is best to give them the benifit of the doubt.

I would like to appologize to anyone who had "bad R.O.s", I felt we assembled a great field of R.O.s for the match, who were of the mind set to be there to help the shooters, not gleefully D.Q. any and all for "gray area" calls. Is everyone perfect? NO! Do we try YES! Hope in the end you had fun, drank free beer, walked a great prize table and will come back, if not I wish you well in your shooting endevors and hope to see you on down the shooting trail some time. Kurt Miller R.M. AR-15Pro-Am 3-Gun Match.

Well put.

But I do have one question Kurt- is steel core ammo OK? :devil::roflol:

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

I had a great time, and thank you to everyone involved.

This is a great post, nice job Kurt!!

Are you from Team Hoser?

Coolest shirts at the match!

Nope, but I am gonna have a couple done up soon.

it will say "Team Me"

I would like to add my thanks to all the great people out at Rockcastle who worked so hard to put on this match. That is one of the greatest shooting venues in the country for sure and it was so great to be back out there playing the game with all the great people in 3-Gun. All of the lodge staff, match staff, match director and range masters did an absolutely killer job of making the event something to remember.

Again, the sponsors were incredible! From great food and free beer in the evenings to the vender booths and an amazing prize table; you couldn't ask for more.

Thank you all again! I'll see you out there next year!

James

Edited by Casman

I think young Miss Katy had her vocabulary broadened while working stage 6!

Have you met her dad?

hahahahahaha!!!!!! I try to keep it clean!!! Stage 6 would make anyone cuss!!!!!

Katie did a great job, and you should be very proud of her.

Her mom has taught her well!

ROs were great, stages were great, staff was great. Thanks to all the sponsors. I have to say I think Air Miller was my favorite stage.

I heard the RO on that stage was tough!!!!! ;)

You trying to say Dynamite comes in small packages? I thought Miss Katie did a very good job of ROing that stage.

Hurley