Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Season 3 Episode 5

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:18 PM 

"Oh, and I think rocks are a great test of marksmanship.

just saying....." 

Trust me, I know what I'm doing..

Even if they throw like a girl? Am I gonna get in trouble for this... Kept your cool Cliff and preformed.... outstanding.

later rdd

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:18 PM 

"Oh, and I think rocks are a great test of marksmanship.

just saying....." 

Trust me, I know what I'm doing..

Even if they throw like a girl? Am I gonna get in trouble for this... Kept your cool Cliff and preformed.... outstanding.

later rdd

Cliff did great,verry cool-I never thought of a rock comp..

Well it was nice to see Red Team beat the Blue Team! But sadly I am disappointed that Jake was not voted into the Elimination Challenge. Really felt that his performance was the worse at that the team challenge out of the Blue Team. Also sad to see Jarret go as I liked his personality and felt he was a better shot than Jake. I thought Dustin was going to vote for Jake based on his comments in the side interviews but it seems like he changed his mind last minute. Looking forward to the next show though with Chris Reed, and Iain Harrison coming back. If I had to pick who was going to be my Team Captain I would go for Iain. Also GREAT PERFORMANCE CLIFF in the Team Challenge. Honestly watching you do the practice session had me worried when you were picked for the final stage of the team challenge. But you pulled through and really beat Dustin who based on the practice session was Blue Team's better rock thrower.

Is Top Shot losing sponsors/advertisers? Instead of the normal 4 minute to 4.5 minute commercial breaks, this episode was running around 3 to 4 minute ads. (Gotta love the Tivo 30 second skips.) Not that I'm complaining about seeing more shooting and less ads, but I would like to see the show continue to be a successful vehicle for History Channel so that we keep seeing more of the show in the future.

BTW: Good going Cliff and Mike!

Is Top Shot losing sponsors/advertisers? Instead of the normal 4 minute to 4.5 minute commercial breaks, this episode was running around 3 to 4 minute ads. (Gotta love the Tivo 30 second skips.) Not that I'm complaining about seeing more shooting and less ads, but I would like to see the show continue to be a successful vehicle for History Channel so that we keep seeing more of the show in the future.

BTW: Good going Cliff and Mike!

Are you really surprised they couldn't find sponsors for this episode?

How many companies make rocks, tomahawks and throwing knives?

I after Jake messed up his part of the challenge he was the most quite I seen him yet in this show lol.

I noticed the same thing. Jake just sat there with his mouth shut while the others dropped themselves in the bucket. I can look past the "red-head step childs" comments because I know they are in retaliation to Jakes comments. He's the only one that puts Jake in his place.

I can understand the need for variation and a desire to push people to perform in unusual challenges, but the show is called "Top Shot", not "Top Thrower" or "Top Chucker". Can sword fights be far behind?

As far as cannons and Gatling guns, that's more about mechanical aptitude, attention to detail, and the ability to stay calm. All traits of a good shot but not what would be my first choice for an elimination challenge.

Arrgh. The best analogy I can think of is that this episode was akin to collecting a group of NFL, MLB, and NBA players together to compete in a badminton tournament. I'd rather see them do what they're good at.

That said, I might volunteer for elimination for the chance to shoot a mountain gun or gatling gun, especially after spending three days throwing rocks and hatchets!