New xdm

gunshrink

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No wonder the front sight seemed oversize. Odd choice IMO for a competition model. Thanks

It does seem odd, the M&P Pro9/40 have a large FO sight as well. Durability is the only reason I can think of, but still......... I'm not complaining though, just happy to have a gun that is 90% there out of the box :rolleyes:

I got my first shipment the other day, the first ones out will be the 4P upgrade- trigger job, tungsten guide rod, extended release, new front sight with a full width dovetail(blk or f/o), traction grip treatment, and barrel/slide/frame tightening.

I will be getting some Bi-Tones(stainless steel) next week. There are a few that are not spoken for as of 7/21 so let me know if you want one. Photo's will be added over the weekend.

Later,

Rich

Rich:

Any idea about price yet? Even a ballpark would be helpful in the budgeting world.

I got my first shipment the other day, the first ones out will be the 4P upgrade- trigger job, tungsten guide rod, extended release, new front sight with a full width dovetail(blk or f/o), traction grip treatment, and barrel/slide/frame tightening.

I will be getting some Bi-Tones(stainless steel) next week. There are a few that are not spoken for as of 7/21 so let me know if you want one. Photo's will be added over the weekend.

Later,

Rich

Rich:

Any idea about price yet? Even a ballpark would be helpful in the budgeting world.

$1,285.00 shipped

Rich

Picked mine up today. Paid $705.00 off of gunbroker + $25.00 FFL transfer fee. Also if you haven't heard it has already been listed to the Production Gun List http://www.uspsa.org/rules/production_list. I'll be shooting it tomorrow in my local USPSA tournament. I shot about 100 rounds through it this afternoon, and it shoots great!

Also the extractor on mine is silver compared to the rest of my XD and XDm which are black. Don't know if they are different or if mine just wasn't painted?

I didn't see this anywhere else, but what are the parts differences between the XDM9 4.5" and the nrew 5.25". I am asking because when the 40S&W version comes out, I will probably look at purchasing one for USPSA Limited and use my 4.5" XDM40 for production. I would like not to have to get different internal parts or a new holster, so I am wondering if the only difference in the 5.25 9mm is the slide and barrel length? Looks like everything behind the eject port is the same asthetically and dimensionally.

Comments?

I was looking at them again online, and noticed that the new 5.25 is actually slightly lighter than the 4.5 version? As per the Springfield Armory web site, the all black 5.25 is at 29oz (weight w/empty mag), and the 4.5 is reported at 32oz (weight w/ empty mag).

I would have to assume this is due to the the lightening cut at the top of the 5.25 slide. I understood that they (SA) were trying to match the weight of the 4.5, but it seems that they actually came in even a little lighter.

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!

B)

Its not SA its the USPSA they list the the weights on the production list as follows.

XDM 9mm 4.5" Barrel (32 oz.)

XDm Model 525 C 9mm 5.25" Barre (29 oz.)

XDM 40 Cal. 4.5" Barrel (30.4 oz.)

It seems someone at SA needs to fix their web site. They are both 29 oz +/- .3 oz on my scale.

Its not SA its the USPSA they list the the weights on the production list as follows.

----------

This might make it a challenge at a big match as well. I am using both the 4.5 xdm and 5" tactical - which is listed at 32. Hope it works out though the people with the knowledge greater than me on this stuff like Rich and Scott seem to think it will with the heavier guide rod.

OK.....i'm sold but I definately like the look and feel

of the stippling jobs that companies are doing these days. What can be done with this one....grind off the molded checkering (not much material left) or just stipple the grip panel areas. I recently saw an M&pP done by the company that Taran Butler promoted.....it was Sweet.....

It seems someone at SA needs to fix their web site. They are both 29 oz +/- .3 oz on my scale.

I saw it originaly here on this SA web site:

Specs (http://www.the-m-factor.com/html/specs_8.html)

of the stippling jobs that companies are doing these days. What can be done with this one....grind off the molded checkering (not much material left) or just stipple the grip panel areas. I recently saw an M&pP done by the company that Taran Butler promoted.....it was Sweet.....

We stipple the high spots and the grip where your weak hand palm rests (and the same on the right side) and it gives you a lot of traction.

If your really looking for traction there is always this type of treatment.

Rich

post-1700-0-08997300-1311646502_thumb.gi

post-1700-0-69725100-1311646528_thumb.gi