New xdm

gunshrink

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure the 5.25 will be legal for production very soon. We have to produce and make available 2000 for USPSA certification, and I'm told we should have this completed within a few weeks. Don't know about Steel Challenge but I'm confident this is the model that will be in my holster for the USPSA Nationals. NRA doesn't mandate quantities, so I think technically it may be legal now. The first units are already at many shooting ranges. Get on Springfield-Armory.com to find where you can shoot one today.

Ok, the ongoing saga of "Just how well should a polymer service type pistol with factory barrel shoot" continues. Only you bullseye shooters will understand this, and I'm not saying this is awesome shooting, but I just fired a 96-6x on the Bullseye rapid fire string of fire with my 5.25. I am only better than this with my Bob Marvel Custom .22 conversion unit on a 1911 frame with super crisp 2 lb trigger. Im not sure how to process this. I have been struggling for the last 5 weeks trying to shoot a good score with an NRA legal service pistol. I have this dream to some day go to Camp Perry and make the presidents 100. This is not going to happen this year but I enjoy the challenge of trying to do something that is polar opposites with what I have trained myself to do for over 30 years. Anyway, after finishing my formal practice I ran through the 40 shot Presidents 100 course of fire with my XDm 5.25 and beat my tuned .45 score! What the Deuce!!!

This gun is growing on me big time. Now I'll start Steel Challenge practice. Wonder if I can match my limited class scores with this new polymer performance pistol.

Rob

Really? I stand corrected. Ive never seen an XDM in person or otherwise with an oversized release. Do you have a pic?

You said your Limited XDM has an extended release and you haven't seen one? I'm confused.

here is one

Lol. I can see how that would be confusing. I have a Canyon Creek O & E mag release. I had never seen one offered from SA from the factory...

I should have been more clear.

I have an oversized AND extended release (Canyon Creek) on my XDm 40 for Limited. This particular release is not Production legal. 1249857821109208415713.gif

I have an extended release on my XDm 9 that I plan on shooting in Production eventually. This particular release is Production legal.12356948236611979183763.gif

My question is, if SA offered an oversized AND extended release on the XDm 5.25, would that make it Production legal?

Edited by d_striker

I have an oversized AND extended release (Canyon Creek) on my XDm 40 for Limited. This particular release is not Production legal. 1249857821109208415713.gif

I have an extended release on my XDm 9 that I plan on shooting in Production eventually. This particular release is Production legal.12356948236611979183763.gif

My question is, if SA offered an oversized AND extended release on the XDm 5.25, would that make it Production legal?

A factory/OEM magazine release which extends

only the length of the magazine release may be used.

A magazine release which provides larger surface

area (paddles, buttons) may only be used if it is an

OEM part available on an approved model of gun.

• Externally-visible parts from “custom shop” guns

will only be considered “OEM parts” if the customshop

gun is on the NROI list of approved Production

guns.

The rule book is your friend ;)

A factory/OEM magazine release which extends

only the length of the magazine release may be used.

A magazine release which provides larger surface

area (paddles, buttons) may only be used if it is an

OEM part available on an approved model of gun.

• Externally-visible parts from “custom shop” guns

will only be considered “OEM parts” if the customshop

gun is on the NROI list of approved Production

guns.

The rule book is your friend ;)

Thanks. That's what I thought. It would be the icing on the cake if SA released the 5.25 with an oversized and extended release so we could use these releases in Production.