Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New xdm

gunshrink

My XDm525 finally made it in this evening and was able to get a few rounds downrange, very nice. Spent the rest of the evening installing the Springer trigger kit, grip safety, ext mag release, solid guide rod, Dawson .100 FO front sight and custom cut grip tape. Now it's ready for some real testing, can't wait for Saturday :cheers:

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any info on a holster from Bladetech or any one else? It looks like you could just cut off the botttom of the 4.5 XDM holster. I'm not a big fan of the supplied Springfield one.

Any info on a holster from Bladetech or any one else? It looks like you could just cut off the botttom of the 4.5 XDM holster. I'm not a big fan of the supplied Springfield one.

Here is a 5.25 in the BladeTech Stingray holsters we have in stock.

post-1255-0-54857900-1312844867_thumb.jp

I received my 5.25 on Thursday, sent it to Powder River Precision for their competition trigger job, Dawson FO .100 and the stainless guide rod. They received it on Monday and are shipping it back today. Now that is good service.

I just received two more 5.25's! One black with no mods and the other Bi Tone with Springfield Custom Shop Trigger Job. The accuracy of both are very close. The best group of the day goes to the stock gun with 115 grain Nosler JHP's. Standing, 1.75 inches at twenty five yards. The other shoots just about the same although it is much faster with the lighter trigger. If you don't care about the fast part, you could just shoot it stock.

The wife has now stolen my original black 5.25. Yesterday she fired a group at 40 yards standing on a Bianchi target, 8-x's and 2-10's. She isn't that good of a shot! It's gotta be the gun right? That one has close to 6,000 rounds on it now and have had 0 problems. I hope I get it back for the nationals. She doesn't like the nonslip texturing on the grip. Hurts her hands. Maybe I'll fix up the stock gun with a Custom Shop trigger and let her do what she wants with the grip and let that be hers. She bumps the long mag release on that so had to re-install the stock one. She has long skinny circus freak like fingers. My short fat fingers need the extended release for fast loads, she can reach the stock part easily with out shifting the gun in her hand.

These guns are awesome. It appears that they are very acceptant of the light loads. I'm using the stock recoil spring with 115 power factor ammo no problem.

Steel Challenge practice today was enlightening. My draw is coming around with the XDm. I ran Smoke and Hope today and am regularly under 2 seconds. My last set was 1.8, 1.8, 1.8, 2.1, 1.7. That is better than I normally do with the 1911's. I really like the way the gun points. This was with the Bi-tone, which has 3 lb. trigger, grip tape kit from Powder river precision, .100 front sight. Stock springs, guide rod etc. I'm able to run 5 to go right under the 3 second mark and roundabout was 2.0's to 2.5's with clean runs.

Am looking forward to the Production class event at the Steel Challenge.

Rob

I brought home a new 5.25 today. Very very nice! I've had several XDMs and this trigger feels much better out of the box. Very smooth with no loose or wobbly feeling. I do, however, wish they had used a narrower front sight. The stock one is way too thick for the rear blade. Can't wait to shoot it.

I ran Smoke and Hope today and am regularly under 2 seconds. My last set was 1.8, 1.8, 1.8, 2.1, 1.7.

Is that good? :roflol: If I'm not mistaken, that would be a new record if you could put that together in a competition (or where ever it would need to be for it to be considered a world record).

Edited by jrbet83

I don't know if it is any kind of record, it is my best but. It was just practice, and using a timer picking up sound, not adding flight time like the real match. But for some reason I just couldn't miss today. Was funny because I was shooting with my physical terrorist Chad Reilly, and he couldn't go that fast and was getting angry, so I got that going for me, which is nice....

Rob

I don't know if it is any kind of record, it is my best but. It was just practice, and using a timer picking up sound, not adding flight time like the real match. But for some reason I just couldn't miss today. Was funny because I was shooting with my physical terrorist Chad Reilly, and he couldn't go that fast and was getting angry, so I got that going for me, which is nice....

Rob

A little payback? roflol.gif

Rob

Ha ha ha. Also, I'm pretty sure Rob's first 5 runs on smoke and hope were in the 1.8 ball park as well. I have to admit it was pretty impressive. Almost as good as those guys on TV :P

Edited by badchad

OK,, dont beat me up for having my head in the sand. BUT will this be coming out in 45? And even more out of the loop, are my XD Tactical mags with Canyon Creek basepads likely to fit said animal? Sorry but I have been happy with my CC gun and untill now havnt even held a XDm.

OK,, dont beat me up for having my head in the sand. BUT will this be coming out in 45? And even more out of the loop, are my XD Tactical mags with Canyon Creek basepads likely to fit said animal? Sorry but I have been happy with my CC gun and untill now havnt even held a XDm.

SA will probably release a 525 in a .40 first and then the .45 if they see the need. XD mags don't work with the XDm's, the M's are based on the .40 cartridge to be a true double stack. The XD's are based off of the 9mm cartridge for a true double stack.

Rich

SA will probably release a 525 in a .40 first and then the .45 if they see the need. XD mags don't work with the XDm's, the M's are based on the .40 cartridge to be a true double stack. The XD's are based off of the 9mm cartridge for a true double stack.

Rich

Hey Rich, I think tnek's question was will his XD 45 5" mags work in an XDM 45 5.25" (assuming it's ever made). In the case of the XD/XDM 45 mags, they're the same magazine so they'll work fine.

Rich

Hey Rich, I think tnek's question was will his XD 45 5" mags work in an XDM 45 5.25" (assuming it's ever made). In the case of the XD/XDM 45 mags, they're the same magazine so they'll work fine.

Yes that was the question. Thanks.

Im still considering just going to the 9mm for multigun. Id like to shoot one to figure it out.

Anyone seeing any issues with the 5.25? I've been wanting one for about 2 months since I heard about it (dropped the idea of a S&W9 pro immediately). having a good month and thinking of investing in the 5.25 next week.

I'd think no issues, but before I "pull the trigger" (pun intended) I wanted to get some user input.