Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEXAS MULTIGUN 2012

MOLLE Garand Pouches by Coyote Tactical

Same guy who made the Trooper vest in this thread.

What are the dimensions on that 6 x 2 carrier? (Brownell's site is being a PITA at the moment). It just looks a bit wide for a chest rig to me. I was thinking maybe something either 4 x 2 or 5 x 2.

Edit: 8" h x 14.5" w. Tonight I'll have to get the Mrs to bust out the tape measure and see how that translates on my body.

Edited by Langenator

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a CMP service grade that I bought 5-ish years ago. It's a 5.8 mil Springfield which is post WWII, would be more Korean era (might even be past that). Wherever it's from, it didn't get used much, I've put a couple of hundred rounds through it and I think that's more than anyone else. I think we're both looking forward to letting her loose at Best of the West!

Just for fun here's the trio I'll be using.

Rem 870 - Purchased from some retail store somewhere.

1911 .45 - Built from a bunch of parts I had laying around.

And now the star of the show, may I introduce you to M1 Garand.

Ordered from the Department of the Army, Rock Island, IL on 1 June 87.

Purchase order says:

Rifle, Caliber 30. M1 Standard Service Grade - $94.30

Administrative Charge - $54.55

Shipping Charge - $16.15

Total - $165.00

Shipped by Registered Mail from CDR Anniston Army Depot.

"Lawful transfer from the Government of the United States of America to person named above"

US Rifle Cal 30 M1

Springfield Armory

Date stamped on barrel is 1943.

post-1357-0-30534600-1323455725_thumb.jp

Just for fun here's the trio I'll be using.

Rem 870 - Purchased from some retail store somewhere.

1911 .45 - Built from a bunch of parts I had laying around.

And now the star of the show, may I introduce you to M1 Garand.

Ordered from the Department of the Army, Rock Island, IL on 1 June 87.

Purchase order says:

Rifle, Caliber 30. M1 Standard Service Grade - $94.30

Administrative Charge - $54.55

Shipping Charge - $16.15

Total - $165.00

Shipped by Registered Mail from CDR Anniston Army Depot.

"Lawful transfer from the Government of the United States of America to person named above"

US Rifle Cal 30 M1

Springfield Armory

Date stamped on barrel is 1943.

Mick,

That's one sweet looking Garand! At $165 (even 1987 dollars), I'd say that's a damn good investment.

Have all the apps been processed? I sent mine in around November 18 and still no cleared check. Want to make sure it was received and just waiting for the check to clear. If it hasn't been received I'll send in a new check 2 day mailed and cancel the original. How do I check up on that?

Have all the apps been processed? I sent mine in around November 18 and still no cleared check. Want to make sure it was received and just waiting for the check to clear. If it hasn't been received I'll send in a new check 2 day mailed and cancel the original. How do I check up on that?

I'm in the same boat. I mailed mine in right about the same time, still waiting for the check to clear.

Sent mine in earlier this week. It's on.

picture006bb.jpg

Great looking setup.

Not to be a party pooper or anything, but I don't think the Remington rifle sights are a go for WWII division.

6.5.3 WWII Shotgun b. Electronic, optical and rifle-style sights are prohibited

I am currently signed up for heavy optic, but WWII is sounding like more fun each day.

Edited by ShootfastRunfaster

Great looking setup.

Not to be a party pooper or anything, but I don't think the Remington rifle sights are a go for WWII division.

I am currently signed up for heavy optic, but WWII is sounding like more fun each day.

The rifle sights are not allowed on your WW2 division shotgun, per the rules. Feel free to appeal to the MD. However, he is the one who put that in there. Regardless, if those rifle sights sit on a rifled slug barrel, then the barrel is a significant disadvantage when shooting birdshot at plates, and that is what most of the shotgunning will be, so you might want to replace it.

picture006bb.jpg

Great looking setup.

Ooh. Thank you for pointing that out. Completely missed that the first time around.

p1013478956-3.jpg

Yes, this image is that of an M2 (my M2) but my Super Nova wears a similar unit.

I believe I know the answer but is ANY rear sight prohibited?

I may have to rethink my WWII entry as it would now entail the price of another barrel, or at least removing a perfectly set and zeroed sight :(

Patrick

p1013478956-3.jpg

Yes, this image is that of an M2 (my M2) but my Super Nova wears a similar unit.

I believe I know the answer but is ANY rear sight prohibited?

I may have to rethink my WWII entry as it would now entail the price of another barrel, or at least removing a perfectly set and zeroed sight :(

Patrick

Yeah, as much as I hate to admit it, I literally bought and put that barrel on my 870 3 days ago.

this is the garand clip pouch that brownell;s is carrying.

How are you planning on carrying it?

It looks like it's about the right size, maybe add more straps to turn it into a chest rig?

over the shoulder. i tried it out. it hangs low enough to shoulder the long guns. rides in front, easy access to clips.