Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEXAS MULTIGUN 2012

General could you please change my entry to reflect WWII division.

Now I am on the hunt for a Garand!

This ought to be cool.

Patrick

NO NO NO!!! Patrick must be kept out of the division so that the rest of us stand a chance....

I have seen that man shoot his M1A.

if you are afraid, just put Visine in his coffee. if, you are afraid. :cheers:

I know my good friend was just joking about the Visine but check this out. From Wikipedia

"Visine prank myth A common urban legend is that a few drops of Visine in an unsuspecting victim's drink will cause a harmless bout of diarrhea. This will not produce diarrhea, but oral administration of Visine can induce dangerous side effects related to Visine's ingredient tetrahydrozoline hydrochloride such as:

Dangerously low body temperature (hypothermia)

Blurred vision

Nausea and vomiting

Difficulty in breathing or even a complete halt in breathing

Elevating (hypertension) then dropping (hypotension) blood pressure

Possible coma

Seizures and tremors

Pfizer recommends that anyone ingesting Visine get medical attention or contact a poison control center immediately.[2]"

Patrick

Oh in case anyone was curious I shot my very first 3 gun match ( a little local thing) with a M1 and loaded fast enough to keep the AR's off the podium.

Yes, Pat, i was teasing the guy. reading all that stuff, makes you wonder if it is safe to put in one's eyes.

see ya there.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably yes, but I am going to shoot a couple club matches first. I am a little short on suitable 1911 mags (most of mine are for L10), and I need to plug my shotgun mag tube. And find a good way to carry loaded enblocs. And learn to load shotgun weak handed because the enblocs need to go strongside where my shotgun trays ride on the belt. And replace my 1911 holster because the old one is plum wore out. Nothing insurmountable. :cheers:

Try putting the Enblocs on the sling and reloading from there. They will stay until removed and are much closer to the rifle that way.

I might try it this weekend at the club match. My M1 has a sling on it now. But it may come off since this is not a "sling" match. Slings are not forbidden, and they usually just get in the way. Hmmm, that would be attaching ammo to the rifle before Make Ready. Maybe not much different than dealing with shotgun rounds on a sidesaddle.

You garand guys might be interested in this

http://www.originalsoegear.com/garand.html

Ouch. Not at $175.

Lee, what about just putting them in a dump bag on your belt?

Probably yes, but I am going to shoot a couple club matches first. I am a little short on suitable 1911 mags (most of mine are for L10), and I need to plug my shotgun mag tube. And find a good way to carry loaded enblocs. And learn to load shotgun weak handed because the enblocs need to go strongside where my shotgun trays ride on the belt. And replace my 1911 holster because the old one is plum wore out. Nothing insurmountable. :cheers:

Try putting the Enblocs on the sling and reloading from there. They will stay until removed and are much closer to the rifle that way.

I might try it this weekend at the club match. My M1 has a sling on it now. But it may come off since this is not a "sling" match. Slings are not forbidden, and they usually just get in the way. Hmmm, that would be attaching ammo to the rifle before Make Ready. Maybe not much different than dealing with shotgun rounds on a sidesaddle.

You garand guys might be interested in this

http://www.originalsoegear.com/garand.html

Ouch. Not at $175.

Brownell's has a grab'n'go M-1 clip carrier much like a messenger bag slung over the shoulder. lots less $$$ then there are the surplus m1 belts (most are reproductionss) from places like cheaper than dirt and other surplus vendors.

Bandoleers are another option. Each holds 6 Enbloc clips.

Alden, I noticed an error in your registration. You signed up for Tactical. I figured you for a WWII guy...

That would require the purchase of another 2 guns, and I think my wife might shoot me with the ones I already have. :surprise:

I have enough problems shooting right now...

Edited by biga9999

I'd love to shoot the WW2 division...have a CMP Garand and an 870 but I don't own anything in 45. Anyone got a spare Kimber laying around?!?!?!?!

Ben

If GT ever gets in the Ruger SR1911 I have on back order I can help you out.

Reminder that this match is a tribute to the men and women of the United States Armed Forces that served in the Pacific Theater of Operations, those that participate in this division shall receive special consideration and a very rich prize table.

Looking forward to another great match and thinking of switching to WWII division, but was wondering why only Garands and 1911s. My Dad served in the Pacific and he never had a Garand (Navy, they still had '03 Springfields) had an issued S&W .38. Any chance of other WWII era guns being included. Don't want to make a lot of waves, just wondering.

And another thing, at the 2011 match (can't say enough about how amazingly well run this match was overall) I had a sling on my rifle and was ordered by an RO on one stage to remove it for "safety reasons". Not a big deal for me since I didn't really need it on, but could be a problem if you planned to carry your M1 clips on the sling.

And another thing, at the 2011 match (can't say enough about how amazingly well run this match was overall) I had a sling on my rifle and was ordered by an RO on one stage to remove it for "safety reasons". Not a big deal for me since I didn't really need it on, but could be a problem if you planned to carry your M1 clips on the sling.

The 2012 Rules allow slings, unless I misread them.

We are actively reviewing WW2 rules to accomodate various weapons used during the war. We will be flexible...again this match is a tribute to those that served in the Pacific. We want everyone to enjoy themselves at this match, we will be revising the rules to facilitate this. Besides, there's going to be an additional prize table for the WW2 division...fun stuff in store for everyone.

i now have a bayonet for the M1 Garand. look out!

:cheers:

Would you be more dangerous to the targets or your squad mates with that pigsticker?! :roflol:

Jim M.

Since you are usually squadded with me, you better be nice.

:cheers:

We are actively reviewing WW2 rules to accomodate various weapons used during the war. We will be flexible...again this match is a tribute to those that served in the Pacific. We want everyone to enjoy themselves at this match, we will be revising the rules to facilitate this. Besides, there's going to be an additional prize table for the WW2 division...fun stuff in store for everyone.

Are you going to have separate prize tables for each division, with prizes allocated proportionally? I think thats the best way.

Are you going to have separate prize tables for each division, with prizes allocated proportionally? I think thats the best way.

I thought the way they did it last year was the best of any match I've ever shot.

If they change it, I'll still have fun but in the Tac-Optics division.

Already singed up, but how can I change to the WW2 Division?