Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

homemade grip lotion

Has anybody tried making homemade grip lotion? I ran a bottle of the brand name stuff almost dry. I tried adding rubbing alcohol to the leftover solids but it didn't work. So I went home and tried mixing rubbing alcohol with talc powder and again with cornstarch, but I can't seem to get the right results. Anyone got any recipes?

Try that stuff that weight lifters use. Comes in a solid square block and seems like it would be like the lotion stuff if you add rubbing alcohol. Haven't tried it myself except for the dry solid block.

Would it not be easier to just buy another bottle of pro grip????

:roflol:

i guess i'm too dang cheap lmao. cheapest i see is $60 shipped for a ten pack. would like to try and make some myself, the recipe seems simple enough. i've gotten close, but no cigar yet.

[buffalo Bill voice]

It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

[/voice]

super77spray.jpg

Are manufacturer's required to publish a Material Safety Data Sheet (or Material Data Safety Sheet...an M.S.D.S.) for products that you actually apply to your skin?

You could try that route.

You could go to sporting goods store and buy the same thing marketed toward tennis players.

yeah, that's what i've been buying, but it's always out of stock or 8 bucks. i'm cheap. :) i got a hot tip to look at walmart for 4 bucks but i'm 0 for 2 right now.

Ever watch Max Michel or Chris Tilley getting ready? They will pickup a handful of dirt, rub it around in their hands, and shoot like the wind.

Dirt's pretty cheap .... dirt cheap, in fact! Might give it a try. :)

Other than that, just pony up the $8 and pay the man. :cheers:

You could go to sporting goods store and buy the same thing marketed toward tennis players.

yeah, that's what i've been buying, but it's always out of stock or 8 bucks. i'm cheap. :) i got a hot tip to look at walmart for 4 bucks but i'm 0 for 2 right now.

Try a rock climbing store or REI, climbers use good chalk too.

Get you some ribs slathered in Sweet Baby Rays bar b que sauce. Munch them down before the match and whalla....instant stick em! :surprise:

Quit smoking the expensive stoggies and maybe you can afford some spray grip! :roflol:

Please buy a product marketed for strippers. It would make your squads job of ribbing SOOO much easier :ph34r:

You mean he doesn't already smell like baby powder and have glitter on his cheeks?

Thanks for bring that up :cheers: He said that if he didn't place well at the last out of state match, that he would shoot the GA State Match wearing a TUTU. The glitter would set it off! :roflol::cheers:

My kids hands are always sticky, combo of syrup, dirt, dog, chalk, ice cream and probably a few nose nuggets...essentially free.

Seriously, removing the oils and drying out the skin works pretty well. When I played baseball, our coach had a squirt bottle of rubbing alcohol he would squirt on our hands and make us rub them together and wipe dry before going up to bat. Worked wonders. I liked it better than Pine tar or rosin.