Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75TS vs 2011

Nemesis Lead

5) Finding a suitable holster for the TS might be the biggest search. Otherwise, no problems. I haven't seen titanium pimp my ride parts, but who cares.

I'm in the market for a holster for the TS as well, any good suggestions?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5) Finding a suitable holster for the TS might be the biggest search. Otherwise, no problems. I haven't seen titanium pimp my ride parts, but who cares.

I think that you can use the Racemasterholster from Double Alpha, that's a great holster.

I use that in open en i'm getting one for production (CZ shadow) also

I think that you can use the Racemasterholster from Double Alpha, that's a great holster.

I use a Racemaster for my TS. Used to use a Ghost - it was nice, but I like the Racemaster better. It feels both smoother and more solid.

Can't speak for IPSC but for USPSA Production, I don't believe the Race Master holster is legal since it is a race type holster and fails to cover the slide to 1/2" below the ejection port.

IMHO

Edited by GeneBray

Can't speak for IPSC but for USPSA Production, I don't believe the Race Master holster is legal since it is a race type holster and fails to cover the slide to 1/2" below the ejection port.

IMHO

Not really a worry as the TS is not legal for Production either. It is a Limited Division gun. :cheers:

Just throwing my two-cents in...I've shot a couple 2011 Open and Limited guns and they're nice. But ever since I bought my CZ 85 Combat from a friend of mine, I just love CZ's. Everytime I start talking about CZ's he wants to pistol whip me.

Recently, I invested in the CTS .40 from CZ Custom to shoot Limited and Limited 10. It's a beautiful gun and CZC did a great job with it. I'm still working out all the kinks with the mags and stuff, but I love it so far.

I just started shooting back in May and I don't think I've seen anyone else with a CZ, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Let me know if you want anymore information.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
On 3/7/2011 at 7:38 PM, CocoBolo said:

The down side is that you have to load short and I had trouble using moly bullets but the Jacketed worked fine. 

Holy crap...five years old, but since he resuscitated it, I guess I'll go ahead and ask...

Does anyone else have trouble with coated bullets?  I'm looking at maybe getting a TS, and not doing well with coated could be a deal breaker.

Why do people think that the TS isn't competitive in limited?  At the world shoot pretty much everyone from Europe runs them (or Tanfo), and they seem to do well.

What kind of trouble? I've put nothing but coated bullets through mine over the last 5 years. Once I got the OAL right I've had no issues. I'd guess these issues are related to profile and length rather than the coating. 

4 hours ago, motosapiens said:

i use coated bullets in my TS without issues. 

are there guns that have problems with coated bullets? if so, wtf? I use them in all my guns (cz75, TS, several 1911's of various calibers).

That was my initial thought too, but I thought I'd ask.

The devil is in the details.  " using moly bullet"   Those were 185gr Precision Bullets from Kemp texas.   Probably Bayou or Acme and other high tech coatings would not have the same issue.

OAL varies depending on the Bullet Ogive but the real limit is the magazines, you can get a Chamber Reamer (throater) and open up the throat.

• 4 weeks later...

My $.02 I used to shoot an STI in limited, I use the TS for multi gun or my son uses it for Limited.

1) Out of the box reliability.-Haven't had any issues with mine at all.

2) Recoil characteristics. What recoil? It is a heavy gun and this isn't an understatement. Try it with 200gr pills and slighting lighter recoil spring.

3) General ergonomics (any issues with racking the small slide on the CZ? Does one gun fit big hands or small ones better?).-I have "normal" hands and my son has long fingers (he is 6ft tall 130lbs) We have no problems with ergos. Ergonomics though, is like shoes. what fits me might not fit you. I like the factory rear sight because it is tall and can be used as a slide racker.

4) Magazine reloading characteristics (is one faster to reload than the other?)-No issues there even with the factory magazine well.

5) Ability to get a variety of aftermarket accessories (my big concern on the CZ)- Only thing I found that I needed was an FO front sight. Onlyt hing I have problem finding are grips. They are out there but in limited quantity. I would like to replace mine with aluminum one with full grip tape.

Trigger is amazing out of the box. No need touch it IMO. For a $1200 gun, you get a nice gun that is 99% ready out of the box, just add FO sights. For holster in Limited Div, my STI Ghost holster holds it nicely.

Edited by MrRick

I guess I'll perpetuate this post as well.  

For half the cost of getting it set up, I think that the TS is a great deal.  I also feel like it may be a better gun than the 2011 for shooting minor simply because it's rare to hear about reliability issues on a TS, but not at all rare to hear about the same with a 2011.  They also run with mags straight from the factory without any tuning.

I've toyed with mine a bit now and have it set up just about perfectly and I came in with no previous CZ experience.  It wasn't too hard at all.  The biggest issues were with me failing to follow simple directions.  Truthfully, the gun was great to start, but now it is hard to say that a 2011 could outperform it other than possibly having a little quicker trigger (and I mean the smallest margin you could think of)

If I was shooting major though, I think I would probably stick with a 2011.  Just my 2 cents.

For the record, I agree that the only major need for this pistol is a Dawson front sight and a good holster (I also use a Ghost.  Mine is the stinger/thunder)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been running a CZ TS since May or so. I have had no issues so far though I should change bunch of springs as I have close to 20K rounds through it so far. Now, one thing I have noticed is the tuning fork effect before sights finally settle after firing a shot. Going down to 11 lbs recoil spring from 12 lbs has minimized that effect.

On a 2011 with a heavier dust cover I did not experience that effect at all.

• 1 month later...

I've put through Cz 75 TS orange cca 400 rds. No single jam, very accurate and practically no recoil and muzzle flip for 9x19 mm. The mechanism are more tight and bettere ergonomical than old TS, but I'm not so sure it if worth about +500 $ diference.

I started working on Vids comparing the TS orange, to an SPS, and a Tanfo Limited.  

I sold the SPS - its a good gun, but the grip on the TS and Tanfo is more ergonomic.  It feels like the SVI or PT EVO grips where the SPS has the old school plastic.  When I look at $650 to upgrade the grip, it just wasn't worth it to me.  

That also may be a difference I felt the SPS jumped around a lot more than either of the steel guns.  I would assume the weight here is the difference. 

I've had both Tanfoglio Xtreme Limited Custom and CZ 75 TS orange. I have a big hands and CZ fits better for me. TS orange is it thiner than old TS. Myself I've shoot better with Orange than Xtreme with its bull barrel.

IMG-20161122-WA0001.jpg

For me, it really comes down to 2 variables.

1. What feels better? I personally love the 2011/1911 grip, and feels better in my hand. Slide racking is easier as well I'd say.

2. The TS probably will be more reliable. Easier to get tuned mags, not quite as much required to get it running good.

Thanks!