Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kentucky ( Wildcat ) State Match

What time we going hot tomorrow? 9am?

Shooting begins at 8:00 CST

if everyone on the squad is at their bay and ready to shoot at 7:45 a.m. Gary will give the ok to start, we have more shooters this year than we ever had and squads are 10 to 12 shooters ( So I was told ???? ) Just be ready to let the lead fly......... :sight::cheers:

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stages were fun and challenging, RO's were great, prize table was LOADED. This match is a midwest must shoot. As a limited shooter, thank you for the excellent long range rifle target backers. Had a great time with the whole squad. It was so hot I was baked by the last two stages but we can't control the weather. Water on every stage was a huge positive. I went thru mine fast. I will be back next year. I prefer non-Benning scoring, but one RO told me I set the standard for shooting charlies. :

Gary and staff great job,man-o-man it was hot and i am pretty sure it was also hot friday. when the R.O.'s shot. so once again great jobs and thanks for your work.

and most of the people i normally shoot with, wiped out the prize table with some great prizes. THE DOGS!

Gary please bring back the 200 yard rifle like it was or more shots. there was no way it should have been that hard! need to get some of my pride back!

What a match!

Great stages, great staff, warm weather....but it is a wet heat :surprise:

This match gets better ever year. Found my first tick just before first rounds went down range.

Thanks to Gary and staff for another superb match.

Dave

Thanks to all of the staff that made this match possible. Each year, the stages keep getting more amazing.

It's not even Summer yet, OH MY!!!!

Thanks to Mr. Welborn and all the ROs who truly make this match happen. The stages all made you think. The sponsors were well respresented. My squad never fell behind. When we showed up at a stage the ROs were ready to run us, and even in the heat, they seemed happy to see us.

Squad one, you guys were all severely disfunctional, so I fit in the group pretty well. Hope to shoot with you all again.

What an outstanding match! Excellent stages that really tested your skill and GREAT group of ROs all for $125. This match is the bargain of the 3 gun shooting circuit!!! Although I do bwlieve it has gotten big enough that it may have to go to a day and half match

Gary and crew great job!!!!

Great match as always. Congrats to Gary for a job well done and to his excellent finish as KY State Champion. The RO's and crew were outstanding and everything ran super smooth even in the HEAT!!! Thanks Guys and Gals for an awesome match.

:cheers:

Guys and gals it was a pleasure seeing old friends and meeting new, but you would not beleve this this morning we has a thunderstorm roll through and it is a cool 78/79 degrees :surprise:???????? I hope that the ones that the heat got to yesterday are ok and return next year for, another one of Gary's steller matches :goof: I heard that we will shoot playing card aces on the rifle mover next year :goof::goof::goof::P And a big thanks to ALL of our sponsors AND PLEASE, IF YOU GET A CHANCE TO ORDER OR RECEIVE PRODUCT FROM THEM, MENTION OUR MATCH :bow::cheers:

Edited by Sudden Death

I thought the stages were the best I've seen. Good split between fast and technical. There were places to go "hero" or you could play it safe. I started hydrating the day prior and continued all during the match. Water at the stages probably prevented some heat casualties. I don't shoot 3 gun very often but this is a match I always look forward to.

Thanks the staff that had to endure the heat over two days.

Just wondering , did anyone spin the MGM spinner, besides Gary ........ I was sure I was going to,but the the two steel on te ground to my right after the bridge didn't jump up high enought for me to see them and I ran right by them, buy the time I got to the spinner and shot it and birdshot hit it I knew then something was worng, it was suppose to be 00 buck ????? I BET ONE GUY SEEN THE TWO STEEL DOWN LOW TEY WOULD HAVE BEEN EYE LEVEL FOR HIM TO SEE, RIGHT ALBERT (ap3) :cheers:

Edited by Sudden Death

Had a blast at this match. Could have shot a little better on a couple stages and I now have some things to test/practice. Despite the heat it was a great match. This was the first larger 3gun match I have ever shot and it was a good challenge!! Looking forward to next year (maybe turn the AC up a bit next year?!?!)

Thanks to everyone who put in their time and effort to make this match happen! Job well done!! :cheers:

I fought w/ a spinner at Ozark last year for about 20 seconds and 10 rounds- NEVER AGAIN! :) 2 shots at it will suit me just fine.

Thanks to a very dedicated RO crew, Gary, Sam, Jeff, stats ladies, and the BBQ guy. It was an excellent match, with several spots to hang you with your own rope. I love the 200 yard bay, even though my eye, brain, and trigger finger refused to cooperate with each other 1st thing in the morning.

Now to send out some thank-you notes to the sponsors!

Other than being hotter than Satan's balls, it was great match. Good stages and great prize table. Plus smoked swine. Doesn't get much better unless you turn on the AC next year. Thanks to all the guys in squad 5. It was a pleasure.

I am just now cooling down... :devil: Good Lord I haven't been that hot for a long time... I wonder if a generator and a couple of big industrial fans might have made the heat a bit more bearable. I certainly would have chipped in...

This was the best match yet, the RO's were top notch, the stages were well designed, challenging and fun, and the heat was miserable. That said, I really did appreciate the one day format. It was a long hot day, but entirely worthwhile. I loved the use of the scale targets, [except it was odd to get used to shooting at the white side] and I will also agree the 200Y targets were presented perfectly.

I must say I am not a fan of the FB3G scoring, though. It just doesen't seem right that an Alpha + Charlie is a penalty, but an Alpha + Mike isn't. It doesent make logical sense that an alpha hit would neutralize a target, but an ADDITIONAL charlie or delta would re-animate the target, giving you the penalty for the C hit AND the time penalty of the extra shot you took. Scoring makes more sense when either the target is neutralized, or it isn't. Regular time+ scoring with targets being neutralized or not, is simple and everyone knows how to do it.

Anyway, Great match, I'll be back next year..

Other than being hotter than Satan's balls, it was great match. Good stages and great prize table. Plus smoked swine. Doesn't get much better unless you turn on the AC next year. Thanks to all the guys in squad 5. It was a pleasure.

Squad 5 was clearly an excellent choice! :)

Best match ever. Regardless of my own mental mistakes and equipment issues still had a great time.

Getting out a 7:30 makes me think this should have been a 2 day event. I ended up staying the extra night anyway.

The heat was probably the worst I have ever shot any kind of match in personaly.

IF you do a 2 day and need volunteers from out of the club next year post it and I will try to help out if I can get it scheduled early enough.