Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

It's gone far enough! >_ just a bit further_<

Bryan 45

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raymond, it would be interesting to see you try to convince some folks of that same logic regarding other words in the english language. There are some words that are offending to certain groups that may not be offensive to others.

Shott* is one of such words to me! :roflol:

Edited by Bryan 45

More friends are won and lost over ....Words

More love is won and lost over Words.

A man is only as good as his...Word

Our ability to communicate details of equipment & mechanics, emotions & opinions define our existence.

When I read the title , my first thought was that it was a list of bad technical advice. I even click on it and read a post before I realized it was talking about shotguns

All this degradation of the shotgun terminology both in the posts and the topic titles. I had a scary thought for a few minutes and thought that maybe an all ghetto match where you can bring all "pimp" toys should be added to the calender. I'll bring my CZ.

Jay

Well I for one think it hasn't gone far enough, We should now start calling all 3 by their Y name Pisty,s Riffy,s (No Jamie! NOT Ruffies) and our beloved Shotty,s...eg. What do you run? Well I've got a Noveske riffy, STI pisty,and a FN Shotty.

BTW MODS you missed renaming the 2011 Tactical Shotgun Championship....hahahaha I knew you guys didn't have any attention to detail!

Edited by kurtm

I believe that I shall attempt to take the moral and intellectual high road here and begin referring to my 3-G shotguns as "fowling pieces whose use has been altered to a more-nefarious purpose"....

Is that better than "shotty"??

All this degradation of the shotgun terminology both in the posts and the topic titles. I had a scary thought for a few minutes and thought that maybe an all ghetto match where you can bring all "pimp" toys should be added to the calender. I'll bring my CZ.

Jay

As long as your match has room for the AK's and chrome/gold Desert Eagle 44s that are in my Property Room, I'm in....

Maybe we could have "SuperMajor" scoring. You would qualify if your gun has enough gold or chrome on it OR you shoot it one-handed and sideways.

Edited by Braxton1

Maybe those who use the term "shotty / shottie" are not actually referring to a firearm:

In the drug slang of consumers of cannabis, shotgun (or "shotties") can have one of a number of meanings. A variation of the bong native to South of England, where a straight tube is used instead of a conventional "gauze type" bong tube. Another meaning of "shotgun" can be as an action. One person exhales directly into the mouth of another person. They can be mouth to mouth or use their hands to form a short tube.

Additional Info

The South English variation on the traditional bong can refer to a "shotgun" or "shotty". Shotties are smoked in a cylindrical shaft (like the barrel of a shotgun) with both marijuana and tobacco, usually from cigarettes.

In Canada "shotguns" are widely known as "poppers". The user who is smoking a popper will place a small amount of tobacco in the bottom of the shaft and top it off with marijuana. The user will then light the end of the shaft, and inhale the smoke in one breath.

http://en.wikipedia...._%28cannabis%29

I emailed a Colorado news station once because the sports reporter constantly used names like......

The Nuggies

The Broncs

The Rocks

And Cutty for (jay cutler)

The Colorado State Rammies

The Colorado Buffs

They sent me an email back stating that he was contracted labor and was not employed by the station.

Whatever!

Only girls should try to make names cute by doing that!

[shot-guhn] Show IPA

noun, adjective, verb, -gunned, -gun·ning.

–noun

1. a smoothbore gun for firing small shot to kill birds and small quadrupeds, though often used with buckshot to kill larger animals.

2. Football . an offensive formation, designed primarily for passing situations, in which the backfield is spread out with the quarterback positioned a few yards behind the center and the other backs, as potential pass receivers, positioned as slotbacks or flankers.

–adjective

3. of, pertaining to, used in, or carried out with a shotgun: a shotgun murder; shotgun pellets.

4. covering a wide area in an irregularly effective manner without concern for details or particulars; tending to be all-inclusive, nonselective, and haphazard; indiscriminate in choice and indifferent to specific results: He favored the shotgun approach in his political attacks.

5. seeking a desired result through the use or inclusion of a wide variety of elements.

6. having all the rooms opening one into the next in a line from front to back: shotgun apartment; shotgun cottage.

7. gained or characterized by coercive methods.

–verb (used with object)

8. to fire a shotgun at.

—Idiom

9. ride shotgun,

a. (formerly) to ride atop a stagecoach as a shotgun-bearing guard.

b. to protect or keep a watchful eye on something: riding shotgun over the nation's economy.

Use shotgun in a Sentence

See images of shotgun

Search shotgun on the Web

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:

1770–80, Americanism ; shot1 + gun1

shotty being of poor quality or sketchy origin.

That eyler character is shotty.

That was a shotty attempt at fixing the computer.

The president is doing a shotty job.

I really like the way it appears to visitors who have come to this Forum after hearing about the well informed and knowledgeable people who post here.

It can do nothing bu further enhance our reputation. Someday, with continuing help in regard to descriptive Forum Titles, we may ever find ourselves at a level similar to GT or the 15 Forums... :cheers:

:rolleyes:

Edited by Merlin Orr

I really like the way it appears to visitors who have come to this Forum after hearing about the well informed and knowledgeable people who post here.

It can do nothing bu further enhance our reputation. Someday, with continuing help in regard to descriptive Forum Titles, we may ever find ourselves at a level similar to GT or the 15 Forums... :cheers:

:rolleyes:

Well put my friend.

A single thread on childish references to firearms..fine, if you must, but I really would like to see this stop.

"We" are "negatively coloring" this forum for the bemusement of a few.

Patrick