Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Championship

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I really didn't want to do it, but since school starts back up that following Monday and I really wanted to shoot this match I signed up as AM, but I wanted to shoot the PRO side :angry2: But the Army wouldn't be to happy if I missed a day of school on their dime. I figure since i'm saving a couple bucks I might as well fly out there, I'm having trouble finding out information on what Airport is closest, I was wondering if anyone can help me out?

Edited by DocMedic

Since this will be my first trip to KY are there any Firearm transporting laws I should be aware of?

We be the state of shooting stuff. If you have a CCDW your pretty much good to go. Now I'm no lawyer by any means but I have been pulled over a few times while packing wink.gif

Well I really didn't want to do it, but since school starts back up that following Monday and I really wanted to shoot this match I signed up as AM, but I wanted to shoot the PRO side :angry2: But the Army wouldn't be to happy if I missed a day of school on their dime. I figure since i'm saving a couple bucks I might as well fly out there, I'm having trouble finding out information on what Airport is closest, I was wondering if anyone can help me out?

Nashville (BNA) airport is the closest, about 1 hour from the match via I-65.

It’s been a few years since I lived there but I think Kentucky generally supports gun owners.

From the Mammoth Cave Park (just north of Rockcastle) camping regulations website:

In accordance with Title 36 CFR 2.4 and Kentucky law, visitors may openly carry firearms on trails, in campgrounds, or any other area in which carrying is not specifically prohibited. Persons with valid concealed weapons permits may carry concealed weapons in these areas also. Weapons of any kind are prohibited in all federal facilities, on all cave tours, on the park’s tour buses, and in the facilities of the park concessionaire.

I believe Kentucky is still an open carry state with some restrictions.

David E.

I believe Kentucky is still an open carry state with some restrictions.

Nuke is right, it is an open carry state and you can openly carry your beer/bourbon anywhere on the Rockcastle facility, the match organisers fully support this right by supplying it............

you just cant buy it anywhere..... which are the restrictions ! :rolleyes:

Keep checking back on the hotel...currently it is sold out. Here are some alternatives:

Days Inn

102 Gardner Lane, Cave City, KY

(270) 773-3101

$75 ++ Tax - Two Double Beds

Best Western

1009 Doyle Ave

Cave City, KY 42127-8441

(270) 773-3161

$85 ++ Tax - Two Double Beds

Rockcastle Shooting Center (currently sold out, get on waiting list)

Home of the AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun

22850 Louisville Road

Park City, KY 42160

$99++ Tax – Two Double Beds

Comfort Inn & Suites

801 Mammoth Cave Street

Cave City, KY 42127

(270) 773-2030

$119.99++ Tax – Two Double Beds

Thanks,

nn

Jeff: Is Maker's Mark within the sponsor fold? If not and you talk to them, tell them that I asked because I am almost out of their beverage and wanted to know if I should renew my stock. :cheers:

It would be excellent product for the prize tables.

Craig

Welcome to the forums Shoot the Rock !! Look forward to seeing you in August !

Rockcastle Rocks baby !!

With all the confusion with the sign up, is the match full yet?

Am is full & have started a waiting list. Pro has only a handful of slots left (Jeff pulled out so many potential Pro's for staff).

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2011 AR15.com/Rockcastle 3 Gun Statistician

Chuck,

Distribution for the match is some 60+ RO's shooting on Thursday plus 255 shooting Pro and 200 shooting AM shooting in the main match. I am still holding a handful of those slots back for some sponsors that are still finalizing and have not yet identified their shooters. As Linda said we have quite a number of the normal Pro type guys helping to RO and run the match so it left a few more unexpected slots available in Pro, but I think they will certainly fill. I think we've easily reached our goal and will have over 500 shooters :cheers:.

Bless our dinner sponsors as that sponsorship really got big with this number of shooters, be sure and thank all of the sponsors as you see them, they are really stepping up to support your guys adventures!

Bushmaster, JP Rifles, Black Hills Ammunition and Cheaper than Dirt all finalized their participation yesterday, Happy Presidents Day :cheers:

Jeff

More good news, STI, Bitteroot Valley Ammunition and Components, Ergo Grips, Sierra Bullets and XS Sights all confirmed sponsorship for the match today :cheers: The team is working hard to make this the best thing ever and with the support of the shooters, sponsors and RO's it is all coming together.

Jc :devil: