Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Championship

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I can add anything not already said about the match except to again note that it was far and away the best run and administered match I have ever attended. As a side note, just having LaRue there to cook was over the rainbow.

Something I can not stress enough, especially to those of you who are rookies, is how blessed we are as a shooting community with the Rockcastle facility. Not ever match has a venue where they treat you like family, are glad to see you come and really bust their tails to keep you happy. If there is any better place to host a match, I have not found it. Servioe provided by the Nobles family and each and every employee was outstanding. And a special thank you to Billy who is always ready willing and happy to help anyone with any problem whatsoever.

Edited by Charles Bond

Amazing place. Amazing people. Only downside was not enough cloud cover lol I always forget to reapply sunscreen and my 4yr old just yelled at me for forgetting lol For sure will be there next yr.

The cave side match was the highlight for me. That was by far the best 28 seconds I've ever had with a gun in my hand. I've wanted to shoot the cave stage since I saw it last year on tv.

The vendor and sponsor presence was amazing.

There was also quite a bit of money raised for two very good causes: Task Force Dagger and the Lone Survivor Foundation. Check them out.

This match NEEDS to happen next year. One thing our squad noticed after finishing the entire match: Every RO, on every stage was super laid back. They were the example of what RO's are supposed to be. They were there to make sure we had a good time first, and if the shooter happened to earned a penalty, document it.

Great time.

One of the local TV stations did a piece on the match:

http://www.wbko.com/home/headlines/Gun_Championships_Give_Economic_Boost_128568913.html

Thanks to all the sponsors, shooters, staff at Rockcastle, Jeff, Kurt, Trapr, side match sponsors, my wife for letting me play for a weekend, Joe w/ the NRA, the cool guys from AR15.com (who have a very neat piston and ambi AR I got to shoot), the guys from Remington who let me shoot their ACR, some friendly gentleman from South Carolina who let me shoot his POF, the guy from Spikes who let me shoot his canned SBR, the guys from Larue who let me shoot their OBR..... I bet you guys wonder if I actually did any work this weekend, don't you???? :cheers:

Only suggestion I would have is some marked safe areas. If they were there, I didn't see them.

Where else can you hobnob with Benny Hill, have lunch with Mark Larue, chat with Ian Harrison from Top Shot, play with the Mossberg JM 930, eat for free the whole weekend, and go home with more than your entry fee in cool gear? Best match ever. I thought this year would be subpar without the trip to Georgia for Ft. Benning, but this more than made up for it. I had a couple brain fades that dropped me down a bit, but overall I was OK with my shooting. Next year, I definitely will try to get a room at the lodge.

Glad you all had a good time and got to interact with all the sponsors and take advantage of the other side events, your kind words are greatly appreciated. I also have noted the constructive help during and after the match for future reference

I think I made about 200 new friends this weekend and look forward to seeing you all out at other matches once I recover

I want to throw out a couple other big thanks for my team; thanks to Karen, Sandra, Lisa and Linda in stats who made this roll behind the scenses as well, Billy and Zak out on the grounds, Joe Harris who helped me for a week solid of his own time up from his range in GA, All the RO's/ RM's and we actually had several RO's who are shooters that came and worked the match but did not even shoot it, they all gave much with little more than mine and your thanks, I certainly couldn't have done this without them and it would not have been the same as their interaction with each of you defines a match,

Thanks again for all the kind words

If anyone has a good picture location that we could all post pics to it would be cool, I aren't that computer savy, I would like to see some of what was taken as I didn't get a chance to take the first pic

jeff :blush:

Congrats everyone, what a great match and an awesome way to enter the 3gun world. Does anyone have the Name and fax# of the FFL guy? He gave me his card but it seems to have fallen out of my pocket...he wrote his fax# on it, i have to fax my FFL info to him to get the gun i won... please PM me if you have this info thanks!

Fax to attention of Nate Noble at 270-749-2524.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2011 AR15.com-Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Statistician

I'm not sure how you can top this one...it was BIG! Thanks for all your hard work Jeff. Without your untiring efforts, it would never have been possible.

And thanks to all the rest of the RO's, staff, especially the sponsors for the outrageous prize tables...and a unwavering thanks to the RockCastle staff, Nick, Nate, and Jim Noble for allowing us to stay at their house.

WOW! Just WOW! Smoothest Match I have attended, and unbelieveable vendor support! Great job Jeff. The ROs were the best! Everyone in our group had a great time.

Steve Griffin, William McCutcheon and I shooting heads-up against Jerry Miculek, Bennie Cooley, and Ty Gentry (and winning :cheers: ) was priceless. We all hope we will have another match next year!

For all you vendors... we have about 6 newish 3 gunners from our club that were exposed to your products. I am sure all your efforts will pay off down the road. I will be purchasing 4 new major items this year, because of seeing/using at the match.

Greg

Edited by roxymajor

Wow. What can I say that hasn't already been said? Thanks to the Nobles and all the ROs, vendors, sponsors, and staff that made this match a great event. I've never been to a match that ran so smoothly. Even though I shot poor enough to not even want to talk about it, this match was the most fun I've had in a long time. The stages were fun and challenging (glad I wasn't shooting pro!), the ROs made the stages smooth, even the squad I shot with was great. Our squad was always early to the stage, ready to go, and Saturday night, we all sat as a group for dinner! I don't know of many other sporting events that takes people from different walks of life and throws them together and everyone winds up friends. By the end of the match, everyone was joking around with each other and having a good time.

It has definitely inspired me to get into better shape and practice more in order to do better next year! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone next year for another great weekend!

Thanks to EVERYONE who made this a success, it was quite a match! Awesome facility, staff, competitors, food, and sponsors. A lot of people obviously put in a lot of work to make this happen, I'm already counting the days 'til next year.

This was tons of fun!!! I thought it ran well. The prize

table rocked and it was great to see so many shooters enjoying the match. Thanks to everyone who had anything to do with this grand event. I would love to see this happen next year.

i got some videos but they're all filled with oops and whats and how-does-this-work moments, lol. i don't remember if i put thanks into this thread but this match was awesome. the pro-am format kept it friendly for all skill levels. i came in never firing an AR or shotgun before and was able to hit most everything. there were a ton of first-timers out there and folks brand new to competition, so i think the match was very successful in drawing new talent to the sport. many thanks to the staff, ROs, and especially the sponsors for making this an awesome weekend. where else for $125 can you shoot 7 big stages, get free bbq all weekend (thanks larue!), shoot a ton of side matches and demos, and party every day? it felt more vacation than match!

for the AM squad 1, Wanda has the DVD slide show done the slide show would only allow about 980 pictures, it is just over a hour.

the jpegs are giving her a little trouble but looks like she will have about 1k of them on that disk.

I got REAL lucky in so many ways

....Lucky to get on a squad way above my skill set. <_< But that happens at every match.

Lucky that I have so many friends that forgive me my lack of communication skills

lucky to finally apply some of the shooting tools that so many have try ed so hard to help me with.

This match left me hungry for the next one at Rockcastle :bow:

Thanks for a good week well spent

Jamie Foote

Jeff...here's a couple videos for you...I also have the super squad shooting. We had an extra RO on Sunday and the last squad came thru allowing me to video Benny Hill, Brian butcher, Bruce Piatt, Jerry Miculek, Kay Miculek, and Mike Voigt on Pro stage 6 (the cars). I'll load them up tonight and let ya'll know.

Here's the Amateur Prize Table

Edited by Mark R