Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FNH SLP Mk1 Owners?

pranavdc

I am getting a New FNH SLP Mk1 friday and with dumb luck the pistol match the following day is having a added shotgun only stage. I have read on different shot shell selection by brand and have differing thoughts. My question is what brand/company shotshell should I buy to not totally hose myself on this first out of the box shotgun stage? I mean I have read that until broken in the winchester bulk wally stuff isn't as reliable as the federal? Thanks in advance! I know this is a YMMV issue but if I go with what the majority would say "should" work best I stand a better chance of not completely failing!

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Mine wont run the Federal Bulkpacks. I think it's something with the way its crimped, but I get failures to feed pretty regularly with the stuff. Generally if I pull the bolt back a hair and release it they will feed on the second attemp. I still shoot them when I'm just messing around but they are a no-go for me at matches.

Mine wont run the Federal Bulkpacks. I think it's something with the way its crimped, but I get failures to feed pretty regularly with the stuff. Generally if I pull the bolt back a hair and release it they will feed on the second attemp. I still shoot them when I'm just messing around but they are a no-go for me at matches.

This may help:

Noveske's fix

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to say that I've had some issues running the Wally World bulk Winchester stuff but it seems to be handling it more reliably now that I've got a few more rounds down the tube. I have some Remington stuff I picked up from a buddy that runs like a champ through it though! 3" slugs run pretty sweet too :cheers:

I have to say that I've had some issues running the Wally World bulk Winchester stuff but it seems to be handling it more reliably now that I've got a few more rounds down the tube. I have some Remington stuff I picked up from a buddy that runs like a champ through it though! 3" slugs run pretty sweet too :cheers:

So you are running bulk pak on which piston, and the 3" mag on which piston?

The cheap Winchester ammo from Walmart or any other store has the WORST crimps possible. That's why the gun won't run with it! (Mr Weakhand brought this to my attention a couple years ago.)