Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Area 2 Desert Classic

I shot 9 stages of the RO match today. The stages are for the most part straight run-n-gun. No memory tests, bizarre skill tests or over-challenging shots. Basically the kind of fun match we have come to expect from the Classic team. So far I'm having a ball despite perforating no-shoots with alarming regularity.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Match is really set up well. Have been shooting the Desert Classic for the last 5 years and this is the best stage design and classic shooting match I have shot here. Kind of funny but this match in the past was the most prop heavy, whimsical area match, now it is the least. Try to burn things down with speed and get rewarded with a mike. Stage 4 may be one of the best stages I have shot this year. At least 10 viable ways to shoot it. In our squad of 12 no one shot it the same.

Match is really set up well. Have been shooting the Desert Classic for the last 5 years and this is the best stage design and classic shooting match I have shot here. Kind of funny but this match in the past was the most prop heavy, whimsical area match, now it is the least. Try to burn things down with speed and get rewarded with a mike. Stage 4 may be one of the best stages I have shot this year. At least 10 viable ways to shoot it. In our squad of 12 no one shot it the same.

Figures,……:rolleyes:.... I was supposed to work & shoot it, but got stuck down here in Birmingham on business. :angry2:

Good luck to all the guy’s and gal's from Rio. :cheers:

Go Nils!!!! :bow:

Here shooting on the ladies squad.

I'm predicting this topic is gonna go to at least 8 pages. ;)

Aw come on - you know you're having fun with us!

Stage five got thrown out due to no-shoots that were there one day and gone the next.

Stage 4 may be one of the best stages I have shot this year. At least 10 viable ways to shoot it. In our squad of 12 no one shot it the same.

Gotta agree with you Tony. Kudos to whoever designed that one. Tons of options and none that stood out as THE way to shoot it.

one of the best match i have ever shot, i have never had so much fun having so many mikes and still come out great on the price table...the price table was just AWESOME!!!!....thank you to the staff and the sponsors :cheers:

Edited by ogiebb

The stage was set up differently on the two days. Specifically I think there was a NS on day one that wasn't there on day two.

That would do it!

Stage 4 may be one of the best stages I have shot this year. At least 10 viable ways to shoot it. In our squad of 12 no one shot it the same.

Gotta agree with you Tony. Kudos to whoever designed that one. Tons of options and none that stood out as THE way to shoot it.

They used to have 3 or 4 stages like that at the Desert Classic. "Dead Dog Saloon" from 2005 still gives me nightmares...

Later,

Chuck