Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Indiana USPSA Sectional Championship

I’m looking forward to this match, as always. I’ve been coming to this match since 2008. Its always a fun match! I must say though I’m some bummed this year…in 2009 at the “Shoot the Thrill” match I dressed up as Angus Young from AC/DC. I’d never done anything like that before but I thought it was really cool that someone had given a match a theme. It seems some of us take this sport a bit to seriously (myself included) for our own good. It reminded me this was suppose to be fun. Now a few years later a costume contest arises with a cool prize. I don’t have time for a costume this year(that's why I'm bummed). Maybe there should be a retroactive costume contest for the past years…since no one else dressed up in 09, I would (retroactively) win. I’m thinking a good prize could be some once fired .22 brass or some used ear plugs. Anyway, see you all next weekend. Good luck to everyone.

The costume contest this year is in honor of YOU!!!

(Don't let Coach fool you, he gave you a rash of crap and then later that day I had to explain to him that you had dressed up like the lead singer of the band that was the theme of the match, it took a minute but once he got it he thought it was funny too)

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Day 1 of Set up did go well:

1) On the three hour drive to the range this morning starting at 5:50 am with a 4 year old and a 12 year old along I saw 12 cops and did not have to talk to any of them.

2) Neither kid was injured or too big of a problem. Alyssa was helpful.

3) Four stages roughed into place. 3 Look the like the picture 1 does not. Rip the page with stage 11 out of the match book. That stage did not happen as drawn but should be a really good stage. It has options. Round count should be easy; this is Indiana. (32)The shakey bridge is in and will be game proof.

4) Stage 6 will have some distance. I did not step it off but I would estimate 40 yards. We will not have a lot of distance in this match but no one can say we won't have some distance.

5) Set up crew has been great.

6) Stage 7 will involve some memory and perhaps some low ports. It just depends on how you want to do things. :devil:

7) Painting to be done tomorrow and we hope to have the rest of the field courses in place.

I was worried on paper about this match not living up to the standard of the last three to four years. After today I feel we will be right there with them.

Looking forward to the work being done and the fun beginning.

Edited by Coach

For those of us shooting Friday, how late might the range be open Thurs evening so I can glance over the stages? Just trying to figure out how early we need to be on the road.

For those of us shooting Friday, how late might the range be open Thurs evening so I can glance over the stages? Just trying to figure out how early we need to be on the road.

I am going to say 6:00. It depends a little on if everything that needs done gets done. Set up is moving along good!! Stages are looking great and will be a lot of fun!!!

Its going to be a great match. It you didn't sign up you better call Jake and get entered.

Brent

Set up Day 2 Update:

1) Alyssa and Isabel painted a huge wall blue today. They looked like a couple of Scottish Highlander Warriors when they were done, but the wall looked good.

2)Alyssa painted some key things from the movie on some props as well.

3)All 11 stages are roughed into place. Tomorrow we bullet proof and hang, bag and witness mark. Set has been going well any way you want to look at it.

4)Range is in great shape.

5) Set up crew has not been numerous but top notch.

Now words to the wise:

1) Bring bug spray. It has not been very bad, but the few we have had to contend with have been maneaters.

2)Warsaw city police write a bunch of tickets every year. The speed limit signs are not suggestions nor guidelines.

3)Know what squad you are on and what stage you shoot first and park accordingly.Stages 7,8,9,10,11 park at the bottom of the hill, and stages 1,2,3,4,5,6 park on top of the hill.

4) Shooters meeting should be informative and somewhat entertaining.

41 north from I-70 can be a great route north. It is not interstate but has low traffic and once you are through Terre Haute it is not bad. How to cut across the north part of the state that way is problematic and I don't have my atlas in front of me.

231 north from 70 to Lafayette and then 24 across to Wabash might be worth investigating.

When are you coming through Indy?

41 north from I-70 can be a great route north. It is not interstate but has low traffic and once you are through Terre Haute it is not bad. How to cut across the north part of the state that way is problematic and I don't have my atlas in front of me.

231 north from 70 to Lafayette and then 24 across to Wabash might be worth investigating.

When are you coming through Indy?

Prob. 1-2pm on Friday Afternoon. Whats traffic usually like on raceweek?

Is it early enough to just come in 70 and go around Indy on the 465 bypass.

Then head north on 31?

www.theshootingwire.com

USPSA matches aren't known for their costumes, but this weekend at the Indiana Section & State Championship, complete with its Blazing Saddles theme, they'll be rewarding the shooter with the favorite character costume. There should be bonus points for anybody dressed as Mongo. The Indiana Sectional is one of the largest section championships in USPSA with 290+ shooters converging on the Warsaw (Ind.) Rifle & Pistol Club July 29-31 to run and gun through 11 stages that match organizer Jake Martens promises will be "a great mix of everything - pure hoser, memory, tight shots, shots out to 40+ yards, lots of moving, lots of steel and activated targets, and lots and lots of options on how to shoot them." The match has strong industry support and is an STI Contingency Program match, for those of you in that program. So, if this kind of match suits your style then sign up quick because there are just a few slots left for Sunday. Martens says of their approach to match design, "We take freestyle to the limit." With stages called 'Candy Gram for Mongo' and 'Excuse me while I whip this out' he's clearly not kidding.

Set up Day Three:

1) The stages are set with final Bullet proofing set for tomorrow. RO Staff shoots Friday with a few competitors.

2) Range is closed tomorrow. No registration, or walking stages until Friday AM.

3) Gates will open 8am Friday morning.

4) Porta potties in place.

5) Some movie signage in place.

6) 10 cent toll at the gate so have your dimes!

7)Steel has been calibrated.

8) There not as much steel in this match as the last two years, but there are some poppers, a couple of plates and two Texas stars.

9)Some real high hit factors stages are in place.

10) Plenty of ports. (a little memory) Expecting to see missed targets and targets engaged twice.

11) Shakey bridge is a required position coupled with some distance.

12) This match should have a little bit of everything that USPSA is about except classifiers, Virginia Count and forbidden actions. :cheers:

Set up Day Three:

1) The stages are set with final Bullet proofing set for tomorrow. RO Staff shoots Friday with a few competitors.

2) Range is closed tomorrow. No registration, or walking stages until Friday AM.

3) Gates will open 8am Friday morning.

4) Porta potties in place.

5) Some movie signage in place.

6) 10 cent toll at the gate so have your dimes!

7)Steel has been calibrated.

8) There not as much steel in this match as the last two years, but there are some poppers, a couple of plates and two Texas stars.

9)Some real high hit factors stages are in place.

10) Plenty of ports. (a little memory) Expecting to see missed targets and targets engaged twice.

11) Shakey bridge is a required position coupled with some distance.

12) This match should have a little bit of everything that USPSA is about except classifiers, Virginia Count and forbidden actions. :cheers:

Sounds like a hell of a good time as usual from the IN crew! :cheers:

You guys deserve a great thank you for all the behind the scenes work. We will be taking off tomorrow and heading down.

Lilly Von Stupp will be there! Although no high heels!

Thanks

Can't wait to get this started.

The set crew as done an awesome job banging out the stages, coach has put together some really great stages for you guys and gals

The response to this match has been outstanding, and I really believe that this is our finest match so far.

We will be out there tomorrow bulletproofing everything, and putting all the final touches together.

I would like to get some last minute shooters out on sunday to get us to 300, trust me this is a don't not miss match and we can take ten more on Sunday

I have shot lots of big matches and I would stack this up against any of them, for a section match, well this is what you want from area and nationals matches!

If you want a match that you are going to shoot a lot at, be challenging and have a great time at, well this is it!

You guys deserve a great thank you for all the behind the scenes work. We will be taking off tomorrow and heading down.

There better be pics!!! :-)

Why do I think 'she' is going to look a little rough?!

Why do I think 'she' is going to look a little rough?!

Haha! No I will try not to look rough!! But I might have a run for my money against any guys enjoying Lilly's lingerie!!!

Made it to the hotel. I must say Jake and Aaron you really know how to treat staff! I know this isn't what you planned but it's a damn site nicer than the condemned hotel we got to stay in when we worked the MI sectional last year! Swear to god our sliding glass door was duct taped on!

Can't wait to see everyone! Old and new friends!