Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Indiana USPSA Sectional Championship

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got an automated email..there was a scoring update? ...just curious?

Yes there were two shooters that needed corrections

one was from a reshoot that the time on their stage seven was not correct, the other was a division change

Production division will have new results with a new first A class from this change

:lol:

My votes would be ....

Pulp Fiction ..... probably already been done before :cheers:

The Hangover

Blues Brothers

Ballad of Ricky Bobby

Forrest Gump

all of which would make for great costume contests ....... :rolleyes:

I'll throw "Smokey and the Bandit" out there.

"Black Trans Am? nah - that's been done" :lol:

If ever you are thinking, "Should I drive to Indiana and shoot the Indiana Sectional Championship?" Remember this pic...one guy's spoils from two separate drawings at this past weekend's match. Thanks Jake and the IN Section!!!

post-11825-0-93332000-1312714516_thumb.j

Hey guys, does anyone have Shane Cooley shooting stage 9 on video. That's the one where we layed on the platform/bed at the start.

I can figure several seconds difference in stage times between me and top flight GM's, but this GM slaughtered everyone. I want to see this so I can wrap my A class noodle around it.

Hey guys, does anyone have Shane Cooley shooting stage 9 on video. That's the one where we layed on the platform/bed at the start.

I can figure several seconds difference in stage times between me and top flight GM's, but this GM slaughtered everyone. I want to see this so I can wrap my A class noodle around it.

I shot with him and we didn't video any of the AMU. Lets just say I've heard machine guns shoot slower, was just a steady shower of brass! The real kicker is on stage 6 he shot it in 7 but then had to reshoot and only pulled out a measly slow time of 9 :surprise:

So I am looking for stage ideas for next year. Here are the guidelines

-32 round course of fire (looking for 3-4 8 round speed shoot options as well, but they need to interesting and something that will push the shooter)

-freestyle, no forbidden actions, no walls go to the ground and to infinity

-has to be able to be built basically in a couple of hours, so no great walls of China, or and entire floating pad, or you exit a spaceship, etc

-Must have OPTIONS, so not everyone is going to basically go right to left and shoot these, then these and then these (save the sh!t for IDPA), think of the stages we have had over the last 3 years, lots of movement, lots of different ways to shoot them in every division, OPTIONS.

-No disappearing targets, unless you can make it worth while for them to be shot. Remember a drop turner is a pain in the butt to make work and to have the brown side hidden at start for 3+ days and 300 shooters!! Beside who comes to a match to not shoot at a target?!?!

-No gratuitous movement, what does that mean, it means you don't make a stage where you have start in the middle, have to run down to one side, shoot something, then run all the way over to the other side and shoot something. If you are moving then you need to give them something to shoot at. None of us got into shooting becuase we want to run, we got guns so we wouldn't have to run!! It is about shooting, not running

-Got to last and be bulletproof for 3+ days, for 300 shooters that range in size from 75 pound 4 foot nothing to 7 foot tall and 400+ pound tanks.

-Start position, standing with gun loaded and hands at sides is boring for 10+ stages, mix it up, have them doing something. Unloaded start, gun on barrel or in something, laying down, prone, etc

-No I don't have a theme picked out (well I do, but I don't think it would get approved and while all the men would get it, it might not go over well with the ladies) so don't worry about naming it, give it a letter, or number or your name.

send them to me

jakemartens@comcast.net

(just because you sent something doesn't mean it will be used, doesn't mean that it won't be used and doesn't mean that it wouldn't get changed in order to be used, if it is used you will get the credit for the stage, if it isn't then that doesn't mean it wasn't good, just might not have worked out for this match, or maybe it wasn't good.)

If ever you are thinking, "Should I drive to Indiana and shoot the Indiana Sectional Championship?" Remember this pic...one guy's spoils from two separate drawings at this past weekend's match. Thanks Jake and the IN Section!!!

So thats where mine went :rolleyes:

You're Such and F'ing F'er! LOL.........I was hoping to win one to give to my Nephew who is gonna be a tough shooter.

Congrats Colin

Which range?

I am only asking to know how much room might be available on the bays. No other reason.

It will be at Warsaw again next year. The bay that had the 3 speed shoots will be 32rd field course.

• 2 weeks later...

The remainder of the plaques that were not able to be handed out locally and since I was unable to attend TN Sect or MI Sect will hit the mail tomorrow.

There were a few we were missing, but I have emailed Manny for them

Next years Match

2012 Indiana USPSA Section/State Championship

The "Live FreeStyle or DIE HARD" Match

August 10-12th, 2012

Warsaw, IN

Warsaw Rifle & Pistol Club

10+Stages

280+ rounds

All Day Friday

All Day Saturday

All Day Sunday

or (limited)

1/2 Day Fri PM/Sat AM

1/2 Day Sat PM/Sun AM

Squads limited to 12 people per squad

(at this number match will fill up)

$100 entry fee

(early entry will be entered in to win a gun again donated by Target Sports)

more info to follow

http://www.uspsaindiana.org/