Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Indiana USPSA Sectional Championship

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As I said on Sunday, I wasn't aware of the costume contest, I overslept and just wore what I woke up in! I am truly sorry for taking the gun away from Jake! I'm sure those competitors that arrived on my stage were quite confused when I read the stage briefing!

On another note, I cannot say enough of how much fun this match was to shoot and work. And, my stage was a killer both for the shooter's and the staff. We had reshoots that put us behind but Aron and Jake brought me the best help in the world. Barry Martens stood out in the sun working for us and the guys were setting that Texas Star and watching that steel and we worked through lunch and made up over an hour and a half to get those shooters through. Also, this was the first match that I worked that I as staff was treated to a dedicated RO and score keeper on staff day. What a treat that was and I thank all of those that shot and bullet proofed those stages the day before so those of us working could experience a match like a competitor!

post-25145-0-31026500-1312242728_thumb.j

Edited by jvanz

As I said on Sunday, I wasn't aware of the costume contest, I overslept and just wore what I woke up in! I am truly sorry for taking the gun away from Jake! I'm sure those competitors that arrived on my stage were quite confused when I read the stage briefing!

On another note, I cannot say enough of how much fun this match was to shoot and work. And, my stage was a killer both for the shooter's and the staff. We had reshoots that put us behind but Aron and Jake brought me the best help in the world. Barry Martens stood out in the sun working for us and the guys were setting that Texas Star and watching that steel and we worked through lunch and made up over an hour and a half to get those shooters through. Also, this was the first match that I worked that I as staff was treated to a dedicated RO and score keeper on staff day. What a treat that was and I thank all of those that shot and bullet proofed those stages the day before so those of us working could experience a match like a competitor!

Lilli, Lilli Legs...Lilli Lilli :D

I feel for you on Stage 7. That is a lot of resetting, but at least you had shade all 3 days. Up at two, it was brutal for about 4-5 hours each day, but we had a good system. Thanks to Fourtrax and Riverman for a solid rotation Saturday and Sunday. They even had a little sympathy for me. :roflol:. I feel for those at the bottom in the afternoon. It had to be brutal. With that being said, we did not have 115 deg. heat indexes like last year.

Edited by downrange72

I feel for those at the bottom in the afternoon. It had to be brutal.

It got warm around 10 and by noon it was nothing but sun except for under the tents. :sick:

Had a great time regardless. A well deserved :cheers: to Jake and Aron and all the Warsaw crew for organizing and setting up things leading up the weekend. Was also very impressed by the Nascar-style Texas star swap we had late Sunday, hahaha.

This was only my second big USPSA match, the first being Area 5 this year. I think I am going to be spoiled for any other matches because this one was awesome! I shot Saturday with Squad 14 and we were all having a great time. I am truly thankful for the staff who braved the heat and humidity to put on such a great event. I am in the process of emailing sponsors now to let them know I appreciate their support of such a great match.

Thanks again everyone involved!

Was also very impressed by the Nascar-style Texas star swap we had late Sunday, hahaha.

Good thing the same guy made more of the same stars. We borrowed 2 heads off there stars just encase.

Brent

Jake,

What Happened to Alex Gutt

Jr Production?

subminor

Oh man that sucks! Any way to see where he would have finished had he not been sub? He's a good kid and I try and look out for him when I can. It would mean a lot for him to know where he was had the load not been hosed.

Thnx

JT

I would have finished 3rd or 4th.

This was a very fun match to shoot.

Not so much to work....and I was on an easy, compact, in-the-shade-most-of-the-day stage.

After 3 and a half days there, I felt so bad for the guys that put in 7 days and the guys that were working their butts off.

But, hey, we all do it, for the sport and for each other. And shooting these stages was a LOT of fun.

Lili, Lili, Lili.....gotta love a woman that gift wraps herself :devil:

Thanks to all the crew :cheers:

I've shot a lot of big matches. I thought these stages were some of the best I have shot. The stages were great to shoot and presented a challenge without requiring a memory upgrade for last years computer.

My only complaint---This match needs to be scheduled when the temp is below 80. How cool would that have been.:cheers:

Jake, it really was an outstanding match! Thanks to all the staff for giving of their time spending 12 hours a day in that heat! Jake your going to have a tough time trying to top this match.

A huge thanks to Jake, Aron, Brent and everyone that was involved in putting on this year's IN Sectional:

- sponsors

- setup/teardown crew

- stats

- ROs and you too, chrono

- and most important, the fellow keeping the coolers full - thank you!

It was, yet again, another match to rival all others. Awesome stages to think your way through. Enjoyed shooting with Squad 18, too.

DON'T MISS this one next year!!!

Sue, Sarah and Steve

A huge thanks to Jake, Aron, Brent and everyone that was involved in putting on this year's IN Sectional:

- sponsors

- setup/teardown crew

- stats

- ROs and you too, chrono

- and most important, the fellow keeping the coolers full - thank you!

It was, yet again, another match to rival all others. Awesome stages to think your way through. Enjoyed shooting with Squad 18, too.

DON'T MISS this one next year!!!

Sue, Sarah and Steve

Thanks for coming down. I hope Sarah's ankle is better. She was a bit bummed at lunch time.

BIG thanks to all the good people who put on this spectacular match. I've been to every one since 2005, and it keeps on getting better every year. I really liked the AC/DC theme you did previously ..... I can't wait to see what you do next year. :rolleyes:

Congrats to all the winners, I had a great time shooting with squad 23. :cheers:

Here's my humble addition to the videos ......

Edited by Chris Keen

My votes would be ....

Pulp Fiction ..... probably already been done before :cheers:

The Hangover

Blues Brothers

Ballad of Ricky Bobby

Forrest Gump

all of which would make for great costume contests ....... :rolleyes:

I'll throw "Smokey and the Bandit" out there.

My votes would be ....

Pulp Fiction ..... probably already been done before :cheers:

The Hangover

Blues Brothers

Ballad of Ricky Bobby

Forrest Gump

all of which would make for great costume contests ....... :rolleyes:

I'll throw "Smokey and the Bandit" out there.

"Smokey and the Bandit" was the theme for the Wabash Valley Open in March. Some of our suggestions matched Chris's. My vote is the Blues Brothers or Hangover.