Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you deal with Glocked Brass

RangerTrace

Mine will generally fit thru a Dillon case gauge and my SS barrel, but my limited chamber is a little tighter. So I:

1) Set up 650 with Dillon die station 1, EGD/U die station 2, and lee FCD station 5.

2) Anything that doesn't pass the barrel test goes thru a single stage press with a Lee FCD with the guts taken out (push-thru die).

3) Anything that still doesn't make it gets checked with the Dillon gauge. Pass = practice ammo. Fail = pull bucket

I should also add that when they don't gauge I give them a look see for case splits (more common with nickel plated cases)

I load 'em through Dillon dies until we get to the crimp die, then I run them through the Lee FCD.....

Then I run the reloads through a Glock, with a stock barrel.....

On the .40s, where I do run a Bar-Sto barrel in one of the guns, I case gauge all match ammo. Anything that doesn't gravity drop out of the case gauge at a 45 degree down angle, gets placed in the practice pile...

You missed mine: throw them away. It isn't worth taking any risk with a bulged case. If I can see the bulge, it is way too large. When I sort and cull my brass, I look for the sign of the Glock and rotate the case to look for a bulge more than normal.

Your poll really needs the "none of the above" selection.

I've had trouble w/ the Dillon dies not resizing enough for the tight chamber in my Schuman barrel.

If I use the Lee U-Die it runs 100+%

Also had some trouble with the .40 Dillon case gauge. Found that the EGW gauge is tighter and more consistent.

I load them on a 550 with a U die in the first station and a Lee FCD in the last. When loading on dillon dies the rounds would fit the dillon case gauge but not necessarily my Lone Wolf Barrel. After the u die and FCD, they all fit both. After checking every 50 or so rounds for 4000-5000 with all of them fitting perfectly, I just check a few out of every 1000 now.

Having said that, I have to chime in with a little tidbit to keep the price and availability of 40 brass where it is.....Never try to reload glocked brass. Just send it all to me.

You missed mine: throw them away. It isn't worth taking any risk with a bulged case. If I can see the bulge, it is way too large. When I sort and cull my brass, I look for the sign of the Glock and rotate the case to look for a bulge more than normal.

Your poll really needs the "none of the above" selection.

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

No really....You are joking, right?

Could someone please give the model info on an single stage press that would work with the G-rx? Reliable and inexpensive if there is such a thing.

I use this press with my Redding GRX

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=807734

I do have a case pro and 40 die for it but prefer to just leave it on 38 Super and do 40 in the GRX. I use what Henry Ford made popular, if I have a 3# coffee can full of clean brass I run them, I don't do small batches. This cut my reject rate from 10% down to near Zero. You will find a split case here and there when drop checking.