Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What were you first classified as?

Wik

I was wondering, out of curiosity, what the majority of the BE forum members were first classified as when they started shooting USPSA. This is a serious poll, so please don't choose Grand Master to try to be funny :rolleyes: I think it would be fun to see where most of you guys started.

Also, if you feel like it feel free to post what division you shot in, how many years you had been shooting and how many years you had shot USPSA when you first got classified.

Thanks for participating!

Edited by Wik

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First classified as a C in early 80's. When that happened there were no "Divisions". Everyone shot heads up. First ranking in Limited was B with the same Single stack .45 series 70 Colt, with a drop in beavertail and plastic magwell with Magpac and Shooting-star 8 round magazines, with 230 grain FMJ Winchester factory ammo.

Spent a time shooting a PARA first in .45 then .40 as a B shooter into early A class.

Made Master in Limited, L-10, and Production shooting Glocks .40 and 9mm respectively.

Now shoot full custom built STI .40 cal guns in Limited, L-10, SS, and a 9mm GP-6 in Production.

Also have BUL M-5's and Caspian high capacity guns that I really enjoy also, in .40 and 9mm.

Edited by pvhendrix

I started exactly 3 years ago now this month and I was a C class in Limited shooting Limited minor with my G17. I am now an A Class in Open, B Class in Limited, B class in Limited 10, B class in Single Stack and B Class in Production. In IDPA, I am an Expert in CDP, SS in ESP and SSP.

Even more proud "class" is being an active member in my section as an RO and an MD. :-) May as well call me the Alphabet man, lol.

Edited by Aristotle

Sqeeked into C class 3 years ago by about 1/2 % and made B a year and 1/2 later. A class about 4 months after that. That is in revo, the most fun to me. Have a B card in all the others except open (never shot) and all those %'s are mid C class, but the card says B, due to A in revo. After a few more months its time to shoot the other guns and at least work the numbers up into the 60's

Edited by John Z Sr

I first shot IPSC in 1988. I think it was just Limited and Open then. I took the intro class with a Taurus M65 revolver and soon thereafter got a Glock 22. Got my first card as a B. After about 7 years shooting about 10 other disciplines, I rejoined USPSA in 1999. The old classification was gone so I started over and got a C card using the G22 in Limited. I shot a 1911 and a G35 in Lim 10 for a few matches. It took me 22 matches over 11 years to make B class in Limited again.

First match ever was in spring of last year. Shot an all classifier match early on and I made C in production. I am currently closing in on B.

Edited by Sarge

Started in Jan 95 as a D Class limited and C Class Open, but that was when they were the only choices and Open was a single stack with a comp on the barrel. Since then moved to B in Revolver and Haven't shot a bottem feeder in the last 9 years.

Started off as D Limited Sep 2008, on to D Open, then D Single Stack and D Prod. Some where along the way C in Limited and C in Open, C in SS. Prod could be a C except I had a jam in one stage in the classifer match. I'm bumping B in Open these days, shot 16 classifiers in one month and I'm still sitting at 58.98.

This Saturday I'm shooting Limited 10 in a classifier match, nothing on the line just going to shoot them on the ragged edge of control. With only revolver to go I might just borrow a rig and go wheel gunning.