Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reshoot dilemma

ima45dv8

I've got a real puzzler that has me stumped.

Scenario: Talented, lithe, and devilishly handsome shooter fires 4 fast rounds between a pair of double-stacked barrels at 2 targets. The last round sounds like it hit a barrel but the lightning quick shooter has already departed for other opportunities when it finally registers in his mind. He says to himself, "I am NOT taking a Mike on that!" and reverses course in a blur. The RO and the camera man were almost run down. A messy situation was only narrowly avoided. At the conclusion of the CoF the RO offers the shooter a reshoot due to interference. The lightning-quick, talented and devilishly handsome competitor accepts.

While the competitor is reloading his magazines (and the RO is mumbling something about his life flashing before his eyes), a couple of members of the peanut brained gallery begin chiding the competitor with taunts of extreme gaming, disbelief he would even accept the reshoot, and claims of him taking advantage of an inexperienced RO with his movements.

Rules question: Should the shooter have told Singlestack and BOZ to stop crying like schoolyard sissies, or just point out who beat both of their butts in the match? I'm struggling to make the right call here.

laugh.gif

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you (Talented, lithe, and devilishly handsome shooter) were the shooter, perhaps an eye examination is in order here..... :D :D

It might even help with calling the shot without resorting to hearing.... :P :P

Of course, I'm not sure that I could pass up an opportunity to tell SS to stop crying...... :D

While I'm sure ima45dv8 is doing his best to describe the event, I'm afraid his rose colored shooting glasses and his desire might have altered his perception a bit.

While the competitor is reloading his magazines (and the RO is mumbling something about his life flashing before his eyes), a couple of members of the peanut brained gallery begin chiding the competitor with taunts of extreme gaming, disbelief he would even accept the reshoot, and claims of him taking advantage of an inexperienced RO with his movements.

That much is true.

As for the rest, I'll let you be the judge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7wdIm1eQTk

Although the USPSA Rules dilemma main remain unanswered, we now know what happens when an irresitable force meets an unmmovable object. The worlds of physics and philosophy thank you.

If only one child is saved....

While I'm sure ima45dv8 is doing his best to describe the event, I'm afraid his rose colored shooting glasses and his desire might have altered his perception a bit.

That much is true.

Dancing with the stars USPSA style! :roflol:

Adios,

Pat

I've got a real puzzler that has me stumped.

Scenario: Talented, lithe, and devilishly handsome shooter fires 4 fast rounds between a pair of double-stacked barrels at 2 targets. The last round sounds like it hit a barrel but the lightning quick shooter has already departed for other opportunities when it finally registers in his mind. He says to himself, "I am NOT taking a Mike on that!" and reverses course in a blur. The RO and the camera man were almost run down. A messy situation was only narrowly avoided. At the conclusion of the CoF the RO offers the shooter a reshoot due to interference. The lightning-quick, talented and devilishly handsome competitor accepts.

Rules question: Should the shooter have told Singlestack and BOZ to stop crying like schoolyard sissies, or just point out who beat both of their butts in the match? I'm struggling to make the right call here.

laugh.gif

Answer to the rules question at hand: Reshoot, and yes. :roflol:

Troy

popcorn.gif

OMG I love this one!

Just released 1st hand RO camera footage...

Oh God... I just sprayed orange juice on my keyboard :roflol:

If I had been drinking something it would have been all over my laptop and the wall on the other side of the room.

Back and to the left, back and to the left, back and to the left....

I say reshoot as the the shooter was interfered with by the RO as he backed up. Something somewhat like this happened to me while backing up on a stage that required the shooter to move up range. Mark and Brian have met me and will vouch I am not a small guy so one can assume it takes as much to stop all this once I get it all moving as it does to get it moving in the first place. I shoot the targets in front of me and turn to run up range keeping the gun pointed down range and out ran the RO who is five foot on a good day and about a buck fifty. Needless to say it did affect my time but since it was a Level 1 match and he is a good friend of mine *and was clearly more shaken about it than me* I didn't push the reshoot although it was required by the rule book and should have been given.

Joe W.