Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DOUBLE TAP CHAMPIONSHIP 2011

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only 14 slots left on the Sat / Sun Schedule If you are listed o the self squadding Page and are not sqauadded and want to shoot the SAt / Sun Schedule BETTER SQUAD TODAY! Cause when they are gone they are gone.

I would fly into OK City Smaller airport Easier to get out of on to the highway about a 2 hour drive either way.

Edited by scorch

Hi I am new to these forums and USPSA in general, I have a couple of questions about the match in June. First is there still room on Saturday/ Sunday to shoot? Second, I havent gotten my USPSA membership info yet (signed up but waiting for the info to arrive), how would I get put into a squad to shoot? Is this match open to people who arent members of USPSA? Last but not least, I havent shot any matches before, is this a good one to show up for or should I pick a smaller one to start with?

Thanks for the info and any additional information.

Hi I am new to these forums and USPSA in general, I have a couple of questions about the match in June. First is there still room on Saturday/ Sunday to shoot? Second, I havent gotten my USPSA membership info yet (signed up but waiting for the info to arrive), how would I get put into a squad to shoot? Is this match open to people who arent members of USPSA? Last but not least, I havent shot any matches before, is this a good one to show up for or should I pick a smaller one to start with?

you might want to shoot a few local matches before going off to a major.

Yea I sure wouldnt pick a large major match to start with. Shoot at least a few local matches to get your feet wet and become familiar with the rules and just the overall way things are done. I believe you will enjoy yourself a lot more if you go to your first major and are able to concentrate on shooting instead of figuring out what you should be doing...Just my opinion

Hell yes this is a good match to get your feet wet with. Go big or go home!

Sign up for USPSA, sign up for the match, then get out and shoot as many local matches as you can before this match.

Where do you live? We can find you some practice matches.

Edited by jtischauser

Going to this particular match as your first match is kind of like getting your first motorcycle and making a trip thru Colorado be your first ride. Everything else will pale in comparison...

I would say you should also take in a couple of local matches and then hit is hard at this match come June.

WOW! i would Get some Local Matches under my belt first. There is no Slots Left on Sat/Sun. A Major has a Different Feel then Club Matches. BUT I love New Folks. so if you decide to make it. We would Give you as much help as we can.

Look at it this way. Shooting this match A's your first match is like sleeping with Heather Locklear your first time. You can't turn that down because your not ready and might have an AD. You gotta do it! Watch some videos, read the USPSA rules, ask all the questions you can on this forum and get ready for Heather, I mean your first match! You never forget your first time:)

Edited by jtischauser

Thanks for the encouragment, I am planning on trying to hit some local matches this month, I am shooting in a IDPA match this Sunday, and signed up for another one on the 18th that is USPSA. I live in the Fort Worth, Tx area so any places you can recomend to practice or matches to go to feel free to throw my way and I will try to hit them.

Gear wise, I have 5 mags for my HK45, should I get more for this match?

That said I think I am going to go ahead and sign up for the Friday shoot (once I get my USPSA number) and assuming there is still room to shoot on Friday. Worst that would happen is I finish last, and until I get more practice thats probbaly going to happen anyway.

Edited by DFinan

Five mags should be plenty. Just read up on rules about placement of mags and holster. Relax and have a good time.

Edited by ValleySig229

Thanks for the encouragment, I am planning on trying to hit some local matches this month, I am shooting in a IDPA match this Sunday, and signed up for another one on the 18th that is USPSA. I live in the Fort Worth, Tx area so any places you can recomend to practice or matches to go to feel free to throw my way and I will try to hit them.

That said I think I am going to go ahead and sign up for the Friday shoot (once I get my USPSA number) and assuming there is still room to shoot on Friday. Worst that would happen is I finish last, and until I get more practice thats probbaly going to happen anyway.

My first ever USPSA Match was the Indiana Section Match in 2004, so I see nothing wrong with it. I had been shooting IDPA matches for a couple years before that so moving shooting, reloading I had no problem with. The degree of stage difficulty was completely different.

Coming from shoot these targets in this order and reload here compared to here is the problem now go figure it out didn't take too long to sort out. I just put myself down in the order and paid attention to how others were doing it. I will tell that I only shot a few more IDPA matches after that and since 2005 have only been shooting USPSA matches.

HK45, what division are your planning on shooting in, Limited 10?

There is a local forum card dfwshooters.org. The local matches should be on there. If you don't mind a short 3 hour drive OKC gun club is having it's monthly club match this Saturday and the first Saturday in June A's well. We had 8 stages and 106 shooters last month. So it's very similar to a major match.

Yes currently planning on limited 10, I think that fits the gun I have best.

I would get more mags for Lim 10.

How many mags should I be looking at for limited 10?

I have a total of 5 mags for my limited 10 Setup.

Stages can't have more than 32 Rounds. That gives you 18 Extra rounds.

and even if the stage is only 24 rounds i take all 5 because of murphy's law.

5 is good, you load 11 in your start mag

and have another 40 on your waist, 51 rounds for a 32 round stage is plenty

5 is good, you load 11 in your start mag

and have another 40 on your waist, 51 rounds for a 32 round stage is plenty

I was just thinking for the extra gear to have some if a mag goes down. I only use 4 mags in a match for limited, but I have at least 4 more in the bag. 5 will work, but 5 can become less very quickly. In a big match gear goes down.