Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pro Grip lotion

Starting to warm up in AZ and the hands are getting a bit sweaty before the buzzer. Ive been looking at pro grip to fix the problem. Anyone tried pro grip and if so did it work as stated? My other ? is or does pro grip leave any type of residue on your grips after using it?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it works and yes it leaves a white residue. The grip of your gun and other places you touch get a little white, read, don't wear black pants and use the restroom.

That being said it does the trick for me when my hands sweat, I always have it in my range bag.

Eric Grauffel has the same product, only it does not leave the white

residue on your hands. I bought it from one of the forum vendors here.

Tom

Does Fast Grip offer the same enhancement as Pro Grip?

The good thing about using progrip is that it helps to minimize slippage between your hands between shots. That translates to more consistent shooting and allows for better shot calling. It may or may not help you ... and is not the end all, be all for better shooting.

For me, index and trigger control were good. But I found my hands slipping/moving on hot days, during long shot strings (4+ rounds in an array). And this was a distraction during my course of fire. After using Progrip, the distraction went away. I'd spend the $8 and see if it helps. You'll loose very little or could gain a lot.

I use almost a pea size on just my left and it don't leave any white residue. I also use "Magic Grip" spray that does leave the white reside though. You can get it in the baseball section of Sports Authority.

Eric Grauffel has the same product, only it does not leave the white

residue on your hands. I bought it from one of the forum vendors here.

Tom

Does Fast Grip offer the same enhancement as Pro Grip?

It seems to be the same stuff without the white residue. Blindfolded you could

not tell the difference.

Tom

Hello: Mitchem roll on works great on your hands and feet. I used to use it on my feet to stop my feet from sweating when I used to downhill ski alot. It works on your hands as well when I used to play tennis. I used to use the unscented type. I use Pro Grip now on my hands, not my feet :roflol: I delute it with rubbing alcohol when it gets too thick. Thanks, Eric

I have the opposite problem from most folks that use this kind of stuff. They are looking for something to dry their hands, I need something that adds friction. I have extremely dry skin, and I can't get a good grip on a pistol unless it has either extremely aggressive texturing or I use something that makes my skin tacky. Getting a good support hand grip is a huge challenge since my hands just slip off each other and my mitts are way too big to find much real estate on the grip for my left hand. Prince Grip works great for me since it leaves a tacky residue- as does magnesium chalk with rosin (the stuff that gymnasts use on the rings and pommel horse).

I usually use a small rosin bag that I pulled out of my bowling bag. I think it was $1.00 out of the bowling alley vending machine. I also have the same dry hands issue and the rosin usually does the trick. It improves my support hand grip on my strong hand quite well. It does leave a little residue but not too bad.

It works to enhance grip. One thing I found out was the first time I used it it caused the gun to grip so well that when I went to do a mag change the gun did not free up in my hand and rotate to get to the mag relase.

I use Pro Grip and it works great for not only sweaty/wet hands but also skin on skin traction. Just make sure that you get some on the BACK of your strong hand fingers as well so your weak hand fingers can get some good traction on the back of your strong hands fingers. It also works awesome on stages where you start with your hands submerged in water. Sure, the Pro Grip leaves a white residue on your hands but it washes off easily with soap and water. I think that Pro Grip is an invaluable tool for increasing skin on skin as well as skin on gun traction to create a very solid and consistent grip.

Ronnie J makes a very good point as well. Load your mags and THEN put on the Pro Grip. By the time you need to reload your mags again the Pro Grip will have worn off enough to not contaminate the rounds as you handle them.

Edited by CHA-LEE

I used to bowl and always had a towel and a rosin bag with me. Last year, I bought some Pro Grip and it works well, but I don't think it's that much better than the rosin bag used to be.

I made a pit stop by the bowling store and picked up a rosin bag, at under 2 dollars couldnt be cheaper to use. As I recall it worked very good at helping grip ect when I used to bowl when I was kid. Ill see how it works come this thursday?