Bar stool racer...scared the CRAP outa me

GentlemanJim

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Every first ride of a crazy machine is suppose to be like that! When I put my open wheeled car together my first ride was side way's for 2 blocks back tires smokin up a storm. That is the fun part :devil:

Whatcha calling CRAZY Willis? This thing is pure genius! :cheers: But Jim, I think you forgot to install the keg & tap. <_<

I am almost ashamed to talk about the OTHER go kart project :blush:

Its an old sonic corvette body...on a racing frame, and I have a set of slicks from a JR dragster... I want to put a 750cc honda in it...well I have a 350 honda as well

What should I do?

Jim :blink:

Every first ride of a crazy machine is suppose to be like that! When I put my open wheeled car together my first ride was side way's for 2 blocks back tires smokin up a storm. That is the fun part :devil:

Whatcha calling CRAZY Willis? This thing is pure genius! :cheers: But Jim, I think you forgot to install the keg & tap. <_<

That would be Craaaaazy as in wild. A 2 can hat with straws would work for a short ride :roflol:

Its an old sonic corvette body...on a racing frame, and I have a set of slicks from a JR dragster... I want to put a 750cc honda in it...well I have a 350 honda as well

What should I do?

You know what they say "Too much power is almost enough".....I say throw a turbo on the 750 and be done with it.

OH HELL YEAH! I'm almost on a plane to come take a ride. I'd be the idiot to buy that thing. THAT ROCKS!

If that's you driving your current model, the barstool racer might be a little too much! :sight:

You know there is some former GM exec out there going "Okay, where the hell was this thing when Nader was busting our chops about the Corvair?" :P

all throttle and no brakes. Toyota has been copying Jim's work for a while now.

Beer was not present :surprise:

Seems a little strange though.....being SO close to getting the Darwin award :goof:

It may be that a 450cc two stroke is TOO much for an 80 pound vehicle :blush:

I did find the brake system in a box...It must just be a option

Who can post the pics if I email them?....photobucket not working for me

:blink:

Jim

Darwin Award is rendered unavailable unless you are dressed for the occasion. The requisite clothing is limited to boxers and/or a "wife beater" undershirt. Any other clothing or safety gear excludes you from the infamous ranks.

:cheers:

Glad you survived to tell the story, rather than having us read this posthumously.

My first car was a 1965 Corvair Monza with the factory turbocharger and horizontal carburetor. I bought it in 1970 for $475. One time it almost made it to 85 mph as I remember. I used to have to scrape the inside of the windshield as well as the outside due to its non-existent heater.It was definitely not a great car for Wisconsin winters.

I used to only have to fill the tank once a month. That's because it spent 3 weeks of every 4 in the repair shop.

I loved that car! :wub:

Edited by XD Niner

What should I do?

Go ask Nanci.....devil.gif