Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving Up In Class - 2004

Shooter Grrl

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, just let me borrow one of those wheelguns sometime and I'll crank out four or more 85-95% classifiers. It's not like those things are hard to shoot or anything, right? :) I mean, I tried Rudi's and it was obvious it was the gun doing all the work.

Got my new USPSA card today, with two Ms on it!

Oh, just let me borrow one of those wheelguns sometime and I'll crank out four or more 85-95% classifiers. It's not like those things are hard to shoot or anything, right? :) I mean, I tried Rudi's and it was obvious it was the gun doing all the work.

Got my new USPSA card today, with two Ms on it!

You shoot with Waldinger? My first ever USPSA nat he was on my squad. That was a memorable match. A bunch of us southerners plus the Norris's and Rudy. We had no idea who he was and scoffed when he said he was there to challenge the Rev king. On stage 1 he showed us how he planned on doing it. :o He's a neat guy.

MM, yep, we taught him how to shoot in CA before he moved to Virginia. :) Honestly, he wasn't up to his game in 2002 when he tried to beat Jerry; he's a much better shooter than that. He just got big match-itis and tried to burn everything down and didn't shoot the fast Alphas he usually shoots.

Still, an A class guy shooting 80some odd % of Jerry was impressive. After the match Jerry said something to the effect of: "who was that guy, next year I'll be ready for him, he won't sneak up on me again" I think that was after the shootoff when Rudy almost got him. That was ultra cool, they are both really nice guys and good competitors.

I miss Rudi! His wife and I used to work in the same building just before they moved - got to see lots of him. And I have complete faith that someday, some way, he will "overtake" Jerry. He has just THAT much desire to do so, ya know :)

Rudi's the man! Too bad he's moving down to TX for a few years before coming back VA :(. At the VA/MD section match last year I think he shot like 5 stages with 100% of the points B)B). I'm not sure if he'll be at Nats this year or not.

Oh and Cartman, congrats on making GM. :lol::lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I did not move up, but my Limited-10 percentage rose almost 1% to an all time high ...

OPEN Class: D Current Pct: 23.447 High Percent: 23.447

LIMITED Class: C Current Pct: 44.185 High Percent: 44.185

LIMITED10 Class: C Current Pct: 51.220 High Percent: 51.220

PRODUCTION Class: U Current Pct: 0.000 High Percent: 0.000

REVOLVER Class: U Current Pct: 0.000 High Percent: 0.000

I only have two classifiers on record for Production and my production gun has a broken firing pin ... Revolver just doesn't motivate me yet, but that could change if I ever learn how to shoot one properly.

For at least a little while I will not be accused of sandbagging. As of this posting I am no longer a "B" Limited shooter. I moved into "A"

Nik, Thanks for the book. And thanks to my eye doctor and purveyor of corrective lenses.

Unfortunately I can't challenge the gang in a race for High C Production since my classification there also got dragged up.

Jim

Thanks for the reminder Ron...

It's not much, but my 44% on 99-34 "Ported View", (I blew the reload), pushed out a 6% score on 99-21 "Works for Me", in October, at my 2nd match, and gave me "C" class in Limited-10.

That was my first goal, to get "C"! :D

For at least a little while I will not be accused of sandbagging. As of this posting I am no longer a "B" Limited shooter. I moved into "A"

Nik, Thanks for the book. And thanks to my eye doctor and purveyor of corrective lenses.

Unfortunately I can't challenge the gang in a race for High C Production since my classification there also got dragged up.

Jim

Jim,

Congragulations! I'm sure we'll give you this weekend off --- but we still think you should get your M card before you become a super senior....

C-Production? Whew, dodged a bullet there....

I've got my C Production - started shooting production this January. Hope to make B by the end of this season - that is if I find a moment to take a closer look at one of those targets - where the heck is that A zone everybody is talking about?

;)

If seriously, I just found out a couple of months ago that I can register my sight picture a lot faster with my reading glasses on. Now I can't see the targets all that well, but who cares about the targets, right? I have made very significant progress since I started wearing these glasses, and consequently fell into a trap there - at some point I thought nothing ever can stop me from shooting better and better all the time... and completly blew two last matches :angry:

Oh well, I guess I just need to come back to the right attitude - forget about the winning and just shoot those targets! :D:D:D