Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nordic's new AR15 22 upper

LandLord

Hey Jesse, which upper did you get and why? I can't make up my mind.

I ordered the 18" because it's most similar to my competition gun. I plan to put a Millet DMS-1 or cheap red dot on it and use it for practicing the CQB type stuff we see in matches.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over here in the UK we would really like to have the .22 WMR as we can only have .22 rimfire in a semi auto and at the moment are limited to .22LR in the ar uppers so .22 magnum would do really well over here.

Ordered mine today. Can't wait to get it. I'm on my way out to buy all the 22 ammo I can find!! Great thing is my wife loves to shoot too and she's as excited about it as I am.

Any chance that you might make a 20" barrel for us iron sight shooters?

Hurley

It looks like there is a 20" for you, now how are you planning to get the irons on the end of that barrel? I would like to build up one of these as a trainer but I am not sure how to get the front sight on the naked barrel.

gm

Hurley

It looks like there is a 20" for you, now how are you planning to get the irons on the end of that barrel? I would like to build up one of these as a trainer but I am not sure how to get the front sight on the naked barrel.

gm

I don't know what the barrel diameter is. If it is larger than .750, you can turn it down and put a standard AR front sight block on it, or put a railed, clamp on gas block and a sight on top of it. If it is smaller than .750, you can use an old A1 front sight block, they are .625. The important thing is that the bore and the top of the receiver maintain the same offset on the rimfire as the regular centerfire upper. Then you can use parts that are already available to make your rimfire setup just like your centerfire rifle.

Hurley

Hurley

gm

You can use one of these:

http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=EU0240MPKIT

I have a new one that I was going to put on my 16" upper but decided not to. PM me interested.

Thank you all for your suggestions. Now I have to decide on which barrel profile since they can both be setup with irons.

Does anyone know the weight of the 4 different models?

gm

Edited by InTheHills

Thank you all for your suggestions. Now I have to decide on which barrel profile since they can both be setup with irons.

Does anyone know the weight of the 4 different models?

gm

When I get off of work today, I'll weigh the 20" barrel. Although I can tell you its little of the "hefty" side.

EDIT:

Ok, went home for lunch and just weighed it. The 20" Bull barrel Nordic upper weighs Approx.(scale may not be calibrated correctly) 4.75+LBS, Hope this helps out.

Edited by DocMedic

Ok, went home for lunch and just weighed it. The 20" Bull barrel Nordic upper weighs Approx.(scale may not be calibrated correctly) 4.75+LBS, Hope this helps out.

You didnt have to run home, lol. But yes that helps. I think your right I need to start with the .750 barrel. In reality it means I am going to need two uppers!

gm

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello: I shot with a couple of guys and one gal at the New Mexico Ruger Rimfire match who were using the Nordic conversion and AR-22 uppers. They ran all day with no problems at all. The only problem I saw was Tim's son Matt was faster than him :roflol: They have a great product and it performs very well :cheers: Thanks, Eric

Where can I get picatinny rail extensions to mount on that rail? I measured 1.75 inches between the screw holes, YHM are 2-3/8's.

Nordic has the rail extensions on their web site.

I looked and didnt see them. Can you post a link? Thanks. Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I have some questions regarding reliability of the upper:

Will it work with JP full trigger kit and light yellow springs? (Light strikes problems?)

Will it function with standard/reduced 22lr ammo. (Standard velocity or subsonic.)

…..I have a TacSol today and it might be up for sale after reading this.

Yes it has worked with any trigger I have tried it on,to include LIGHT J.P. Gold, Geissele, stock RR 2 stage, Chip McCormmic, Armalite, Timeny...etc. And many of the posts in this 6 page thread also mention dead reliability with LIGHT J.P. triggers and hammers. YES it will run both Standard and Sub Sonic with ease. I wold sell that TacSol before the word gets out too much about these Nordic Uppers. KurtM

Have been shooting my NC 22 for almost a month. WOW Is that ever a blast, especially with a Gold trigger.

Will be taking it to the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy rifle instructor school later this month for all to try. Hope to be the cause of more sales

Great product

Edited by Dwight Stearns