Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nordic's new AR15 22 upper

LandLord

Tim,

You are a true evil bastard! ;) How dare you tell us all about this and then make us sweat in anticipation until we can get our hands on one of these. I can hardly wait. Put me on the list, if there is a list.

J-Ho

+1 :cheers:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrighty, I now have over 3500 rounds on the new upper and here are a few things. First it won't work on a class 3 lower...sorry. Yes it is weighted and ballanced just like an AR-15. We did find one small thing that needed to be changed and called Tim and right on the phone the change was made for the first production run. I haven't cleaned this unit now for about 1700 rounds and it is running like a watch. I have had a couple of dud rounds that wouldn't extract due to the Match Chamber...(more on that in a moment) and it was VERY easy to reach in and grab the rim with your little finger and just slide them out...LOTS OF ROOM!!!!. It does throw brass about 5 yards out of the gun no stove pipes that plague other systems were ever encountered. It is DARN accurate!!! I have an Eo-Tech ontop of mine and it is easy to get 5 rounds to touch at 50 yards with it best group so far at 50 for 5 rounds was .38" The match chambe is cut so the round is fully supported and on some brands of ammo the extractor doesn't grab the rim when in battery, so if it goes click due to a bad round it might not grab the dud so cheeck carefully and the just reach in, there is LOTS of room. The Black Dog magazines so far have been flawless, and the only hangup I encountered was with Remington Golden Bulk pack bullets. It wanted to leave them on the feed ramp (only with the 27 round mag), I notice a bit of molding flash on the feed lips and took a small rat tail file to them to smooothe them out and it has run a full bulk pack of those bullets flawlessly since! We have put it on 5 different lowers and all of them functioned flawlessly. It does just fine with a J.P. trigger kit in the lower, set at 2# pull weight! Ran my unit with a suppressor this morning and the fouling was minimal and the thing was as quiet as My intergrally suppressed 10-22, with a bit less bolt clatter...functioned flawlessly again! Line up boys!! It is the best I have seen! KurtM

Nice, looks good Tim. Now I can finally have a .22 that works!

Yeah....but you only get 5 round magazines!!!! I'll make sure of that :roflol:

Just trying to keep you well within the limits of legality in your home state.

Alrighty, I now have over 3500 rounds on the new upper and here are a few things. First it won't work on a class 3 lower...sorry. Yes it is weighted and ballanced just like an AR-15. We did find one small thing that needed to be changed and called Tim and right on the phone the change was made for the first production run. I haven't cleaned this unit now for about 1700 rounds and it is running like a watch. I have had a couple of dud rounds that wouldn't extract due to the Match Chamber...(more on that in a moment) and it was VERY easy to reach in and grab the rim with your little finger and just slide them out...LOTS OF ROOM!!!!. It does throw brass about 5 yards out of the gun no stove pipes that plague other systems were ever encountered. It is DARN accurate!!! I have an Eo-Tech ontop of mine and it is easy to get 5 rounds to touch at 50 yards with it best group so far at 50 for 5 rounds was .38" The match chambe is cut so the round is fully supported and on some brands of ammo the extractor doesn't grab the rim when in battery, so if it goes click due to a bad round it might not grab the dud so cheeck carefully and the just reach in, there is LOTS of room. The Black Dog magazines so far have been flawless, and the only hangup I encountered was with Remington Golden Bulk pack bullets. It wanted to leave them on the feed ramp (only with the 27 round mag), I notice a bit of molding flash on the feed lips and took a small rat tail file to them to smooothe them out and it has run a full bulk pack of those bullets flawlessly since! We have put it on 5 different lowers and all of them functioned flawlessly. It does just fine with a J.P. trigger kit in the lower, set at 2# pull weight! Ran my unit with a suppressor this morning and the fouling was minimal and the thing was as quiet as My intergrally suppressed 10-22, with a bit less bolt clatter...functioned flawlessly again! Line up boys!! It is the best I have seen! KurtM

Kurt,

If you really want to test this new upper I think you should give it to Mike Pinto and tell him to use it in a match. He is bound to find something that will break during a match. :roflol:

Tim - what's the anticipated price point on the upper and mags? Thx.

The price point is anticipated to be in the $550 - $575 (MSRP), depending on the model.The uppers will be shipped with one Black Dog Machine 10 round magazine. I suspect that we may carry higher cap magazines from Black Dog, but they are pretty much availible anywhere. The Black Dog magazines seem to ROCK!!! We've really had no issues with them at all. And like our upper....100% made in the USA.

Yes, we are doing the 10 round thing so we can ship them just about anywhere in the US.

Edited by TRUBL

Tim - what's the anticipated price point on the upper and mags? Thx.

The price point is anticipated to be in the $550 - $575 (MSRP), depending on the model.The uppers will be shipped with one Black Dog Machine 10 round magazine. I suspect that we may carry higher cap magazines from Black Dog, but they are pretty much availible anywhere. The Black Dog magazines seem to ROCK!!! We've really had no issues with them at all. And like our upper....100% made in the USA.

Yes, we are doing the 10 round thing so we can ship them just about anywhere in the US.

I can almost hear my CMMG conversion depreciating right now.

When can I get one of these things?

Nice, looks good Tim. Now I can finally have a .22 that works!

Yeah....but you only get 5 round magazines!!!! I'll make sure of that :roflol:

Just trying to keep you well within the limits of legality in your home state.

Sounds like your just trying to slow me down :)

We can have magazine "parts" though :ph34r:

Tim also sent one to Triangle, we shot it some this afternoon. Slick little carbine. It will be at the TSCC match this weekend. Were going to let the folks look it over and wring it out some.-------Larry

Larry, thanks for let me know you guys had this. I would have liked to finger it a little bit. Sounds like it will be a good upper.

What are the different model options going to be? Was just about to buy something else but saw this post tonight and it caused me to stop. Will you be taking pre-orders?

Gary

Edited by garym

For sure we will have:

16" parkerized barrel, mid length HG, flash hider, sight block

18" SS barrel, rifle HG, flash hider, sigh block

20" Bull SS barrel, rifle HG

Might end up with a 20" version like the 18" as a per order basis....need to talk about it at the shop more.

Been making different configurations at the shop....we'll be taking some pictures soon and get them up on the dealer forum. ANd eventually on the new Nordic Website (yes it is up now!!)

Seems that the pricing is going be what I said or less. Actually....MSRP on any model will be less than $550 I believe.

I'm thinking we may end up asking to move this to our forum as well.....not sure if we're breaking any rules here. But, James started it!!! :ph34r:

Edited by TRUBL

Ran my unit with a suppressor this morning and the fouling was minimal and the thing was as quiet as My intergrally suppressed 10-22, with a bit less bolt clatter...functioned flawlessly again! Line up boys!! It is the best I have seen! KurtM

Does that mean two?

and

April?

Edited by Smoky Bear

Well....we can't charge your CC till anything ships....so I am going to say no pre-orders. Also, with pre-orders....if we promise a date and we miss it by a week, no one is happy.

When they become availible, we will have lots of them. Unless we do a full all out media blitz....which we probably will, but it will take months for that advertising to actually come to pass, there will be enough to go around. The first orders will only be availible from us and possibly dealers....until we can get enough production up to sell to our distributors.

I supose that we'll end up keeping people posted most likely via our dealer forum and our website.

Alrighty, I now have over 3500 rounds on the new upper and here are a few things. First it won't work on a class 3 lower...sorry. Yes it is weighted and ballanced just like an AR-15. We did find one small thing that needed to be changed and called Tim and right on the phone the change was made for the first production run. I haven't cleaned this unit now for about 1700 rounds and it is running like a watch. I have had a couple of dud rounds that wouldn't extract due to the Match Chamber...(more on that in a moment) and it was VERY easy to reach in and grab the rim with your little finger and just slide them out...LOTS OF ROOM!!!!. It does throw brass about 5 yards out of the gun no stove pipes that plague other systems were ever encountered. It is DARN accurate!!! ...functioned flawlessly again! Line up boys!! It is the best I have seen! KurtM

Kurt brought the Nordic 22 to Colorado yesterday and let us play with it in the freezing cold weather, 32 degrees with a good breeze to make it feel like 10 degrees. We fed it with a mix bag of 'range pick ups', Walmart Fed 550 bulk pack, AE 36 gr hollow points, subsonics, etc. Besides some of the nasty Remington golden bullets, the Nordic 22 ate everything! We had a few duds from the Walmart special, but Kurt is correct about being able to reach in and pinky-fingered the duds out - the port is huge compare to the standard AR15.

For comparison, I brought my Spike ST22, that has been running 99.99% but it choked a few times because of the cold weather. Typical with Ciener-type conversion, the stove pipes went up between the guide rod and the upper part of the bolt, not easy to clear. No, I didn't dare feed the Spike ST22 with range pickups, subsonics, and golden bullets <_<

You got a winner in the AR-conversion market Tim ! :cheers:

Edited by PacMan

Everytime I get to thinkin I have just about all that I need :angry2:

Dammit Tim :devil:

Yeah...and I thought I got the "Ferrari of AR22 conversion upper" until Kurt brought this little gem here yesterday :o

Yep me too...just got done trickin out a TAC SOL Upper to match up with my match gun... its a constant :sight: