Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nordic's new AR15 22 upper

LandLord

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you guys going to bring any to the BRM3G match?

Sadly, we are not going to BlueRidge this year......way too much going on this time, too many matches and the NRA Convention. Something had to give. Besides work, we have wives to keep happy. Of course, maybe being gone is making them happy.....but I'm not shopping down that aisle.

I was just informed that Mr. Miller or as you know him....Mr. WeakHand....will have his .22lr upper at the BR3g coming up and he said that if anyone wants to shoot it, look him up....he'll let you have a go at it.

I say....shoot all his ammo!!!

Tim

I was just informed that Mr. Miller or as you know him....Mr. WeakHand....will have his .22lr upper at the BR3g coming up and he said that if anyone wants to shoot it, look him up....he'll let you have a go at it.

I say....shoot all his ammo!!!

Tim

Tim,

I'll be looking forward to trying the upper.

• 4 weeks later...

You know us firearm's manufacturers and release dates :surprise:

We do make the majority of the components in house (it's good to have really cool machines!!), and sub contract out other parts to places that specialize in a particular item (barrels and firing pins for example). Also, post processes like bead blasting and anodizing are contracted out as well. We do our best with the information at hand to give a decent release date, but some things, especially with a new product, fall outside of our control. I seem to remember about a month lag on our 10/22 stocks a few years back.

We have most of the items in house now to build uppers, but it will be a few weeks still to get the parkerized and anodized parts back in house.

The weight and size of our uppers are pretty much the same as any AR15 upper out there. I'll say that due to the design and extra weight of the bolt in our upper, the end user will be presently suprised with the function and reliability of our upper. They really just seem to run and run. We've got some uppers in our shop that have seem 2000+ rounds with out a total break down cleaning. Sure, we've squirted a little oil in the upper, or scraped crud off the bolt, but thats about it. They seem to like any Winchester and any Federal ammo the best. But you can pretty much run anything thru them....just pick a cheap ammo, and run it.

We believe this upper is the most reliable 22lr upper that will be availible.....[we can say that (and we know it thru our testing)]....but you guys get to prove it to the rest of the world.

Edited by TRUBL

The weight and size of our uppers are pretty much the same as any AR15 upper out there. I'll say that due to the design and extra weight of the bolt in our upper, the end user will be presently suprised with the function and reliability of our upper. They really just seem to run and run. We've got some uppers in our shop that have seem 2000+ rounds with out a total break down cleaning. Sure, we've squirted a little oil in the upper, or scraped crud off the bolt, but thats about it. They seem to like any Winchester and any Federal ammo the best. But you can pretty much run anything thru them....just pick a cheap ammo, and run it.

If there was a best there must have been a less than best for some reason. Were you having malfunctions with CCI ammo?

Best guess is going to be 4 weeks? Maybe sooner? (see the above disclaimer about firearms makers and release dates)However, I'd be really bummed out if we weren't shipping by then....not that I could do anything about it, that's just a personal observation.

I equate CCI rimfire ammo to Federal rimfire ammo (all owned by ATK now)....and it works great too!

Momma says if you can't say something good about something, don't say anything; so I'll mention the ammo that I know runs good....and there were'nt too many that didn't. To the point that we really are not going to recommend one brand of ammo over another. So chances are, if you have 22rf ammo laying around....it'll run in our upper.

We totally recommend the Black Dog Machine 50 round drum....they just run, run, run.....like our upper does! :cheers:

Tim

Edited by TRUBL

For sure we will have:16" parkerized barrel, mid length HG, flash hider, sight block18" SS barrel, rifle HG, flash hider, sigh block20" Bull SS barrel, rifle HGMight end up with a 20" version like the 18" as a per order basis....need to talk about it at the shop more.Been making different configurations at the shop....we'll be taking some pictures soon and get them up on the dealer forum. ANd eventually on the new Nordic Website (yes it is up now!!)Seems that the pricing is going be what I said or less. Actually....MSRP on any model will be less than $550 I believe.I'm thinking we may end up asking to move this to our forum as well.....not sure if we're breaking any rules here. But, James started it!!! :ph34r:

Wanted to see if there is any update on final options and pricing. Also a couple questions:

1. Will it be possible to swap out the handguard and if so can you order it w/o the handguard?

2. What are the threads on the barrel?

3. Is it possible to change out barrels or will that cause other issues

Thanks and anxiously waiting.

Can't answer for Nordic on the order thing but some of it I can

1. Free Float tube is totally removeable, almost any AR-15 Free Float Tube will work.

2. Thread is standard 1/2"X28

3. You can change out the barrel just like an AR, but it will need to be changed for another Nordic barrel as the design interfaces with the bolt design.

pre-orders??? Oh man, you'll need to talk with Kenny.....and you should have maybe bought him dinner at FNH, cause I know what his standard answer is going to be.

I do hear that he really, really, really likes tactical bacon though.

Tim

Edited by TRUBL

• 2 weeks later...