Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beer Good!

jessej

4 Peaks Brewery's Kiltlifter and Oatmeal Stout are my local favorites (Phoenix).

Skullsplitter is good, plus it has a cool label. I also like Arrogant Bastard Ale.

For a daily brew it's hard to beat Bass or Newcastle.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merlin, Merlin, Merlin.......

Actually the darker, higher gravity beers are for real men. :P

Originally, beer was robust. We think that in the shadows of the pyramids an Egyptian bread maker accidentally left the yeasty, grainy mixture out in the rain. Thirsty, he drank the "dirty rain water" and was pleasantly suprised....

Beer was born.

Early American beers kept with the tradition of strong ales. It wasn't until WW I and II that lighter Pilsners and weak Lagers became popular. See, the men were off fighting the wars and the beer companies had to change their focus to the new beer drinkers, women. Women prefer lighter beers. When the boys came back, there was more light-crap on the shelves. Those metro-sexual's were forced into drinking wimpy Bud and Miller!**

Join the revolution and support your chunky-style brewerys.

When you can stand a fork in it, ...it's goood!

**I have the upmost respect for our veterans. They were the greatest generation.

Hmmmmmm,,, Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,,,

Sad to say I'm one of those weak and worthless domestic types. Actually I believe that my local beer store zaps me with a dependancy beam everytime I visit. Forcing me to return and return and return...With such volume quality must be sacrificed.

I think if I could really even taste the liquid of life anymore I would enjoy the goofy named brews. My only reason for consuming mass quanities is the fear of what would happen if my hyper-delicate blood alcohol level were to ever change too drastically...

:D:PB)

Guest Larry Cazes
Larry, get thee to a brewery! Specifically, the Anchor Steam brewery tour (Potrero Hill, San Francisco). Free tour, appointment required. Free beer at end of tour.

off topic slightly

Erik......I always wanted to take that tour! I like steam so much that I spent about 8 months trying to duplicate it at home. Never did get it quite right but it sure was fun trying :D . It requires just the right conditioned strain of Lager yeast.

For some years now I've been on a real mexican beer kick. Matter of fact, tequila is my favorite alcohol as well. I told that to my local bartenderes and she said maybe I reincarnated from a sombrero. :o

(Mass consumption category)

Hands down best beer in a can: Tecate. (Better than bottled.)

For sip-and-go it's hard to beat Pacifico.

Dark - Dos Equis Amber. (And the lager's good for when it's lighter.)

be

Brian,

If you like Mexican beer I’m surprised you like Pacifico, it’s the most un-Mexican beer I’ve had! Me, I’m not a huge fan of Mexican beer, they all (except Pacifico) have a yeasty taste that I never acquired a taste for.

BTW if you get a chance to go to the Pacifico cervesaria (sp?) in Mazatlan do make the effort. You can drink beer for next to nothing and eat fresh seafood on their terrace overlooking the bay. Beautiful. ;)

Ed

Here in Denver we have the luxury of the Falling Rock Tap House, 69 beers on tap!

They had New Belgium Porch Swing for a while last summer, it was pretty good. What I really liked was Loft, haven't seen it in a while, I hope it wasn't a one-off.

If you ever get a chance, try La Folie, though I think the only places you can get it are the Falling Rock and the brewery itself.

But the best beer ever, in my opinion, is Lindeman's Framboise. It's a fruit lambic ale made in Belgium. You'd never know it was beer by the taste, absolutely heavenly. You can normally only get it in bottles, but I had the good fortune of tasting it on tap once, oooooohhhhhhh :wub::wub::wub:

I'm thinking we need a whole thread just for:

US/Canadian Beers

Mexican Beers (what no Leon drinkers?)

European Beers

Most of these are so different it's easier to pick one favorite of each, rather than one overall - could you have just one gun?

Brought back some memories here:

Fat Tire, Arrogant Bastard (you have to order it just for the name)

Larry & Erik, don't forget the Fairfield Bud tour! :lol:

I just remembered, if you're ever east of the mississip and find Bass Ale on tap, try it. If it's fresh, it's absolutely fantastic. Much better than bottled. Bass on tap is pretty unspectacular by the time it makes it to the West coast.

Best Guiness on tap in North America (I sh*t you not): Epcot Center - served by genuine UK nationals who know that it's supposed to taste good.

Best German beer I've ever had in North America: Spaten at the Waldhorn in Charlotte. Absolute nirvana. The Waldhorn is where the German-American club meets and apparently the owners are friends with the beer distributor, who makes sure they get some damn fine beer. Thank god I didn't drive that night...

I used to hang out at a bar just up the block from the Anchor brewery on Potrero Hill AKA "The Hill". Anchor Steam was pridefully referred to as "Hill Swill" while Pabst Blue Ribbon was just plain swill.

The staff from the Anchor Brewery would come in to the bar I mentioned en Masse after work (quite often along with the owner of the Brewery, Fritz Maytag). You could smell the hops malt on them big time. They all drank Hill Swill as their beer of choice even after making it all day long. That has to say something.

I was just in Amsterdam last month and wound up ordering Anchor Steam most of the time at the pubs I visited. It was available at almost every place I went.

Regards,

Up late again. :D

I have tried Fat Tire and it nearly put me on my @ss after a few. Good stuff.

Heya BE tequila is my favorite drink too. Hmm...my favorite so far is Chinaco reposado. I find it much smoother when compared to the anejo. B)

By the looks of all the replies I have alot of stuff to try out. I look forward to every sip. :lol:

Up late again. :D

I have tried Fat Tire and it nearly put me on my @ss after a few. Good stuff.

Heya BE tequila is my favorite drink too. Hmm...my favorite so far is Chinaco reposado. I find it much smoother when compared to the anejo. B)

By the looks of all the replies I have alot of stuff to try out. I look forward to every sip. :lol:

jessej

Remember perfect practice make perfect and its 5000 reps to make a motion natural and repeatable :lol::lol:

• 9 years later...