Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

furthest pistol shot you've attempted and made

cletus9mm

The best shot I ever made with a handgun was many thousands of rounds ago when I was a kid. A couple of friends of mine and I would go over to this kids house, he had high tension power lines behind his house so we could get up on his back fence and shoot bb guns back there and not get into trouble. One day we were all sitting on the fence and I had one of those old cheap single shot bb pistols, the kind that you cocked by pulling on the back part of what would be a slide on a semi auto then pushing it back forward then the front 3 or 4 inches of the barrel broke open and you put in a bb. Well we were sitting on this fence it was my turn to try and hit something with this precision weapon. I noticed a sparrow sitting on the wire that went to the street light in front of his house. So I announced to my fellow marksmen that we'd be having sparrow that night, I cocked and loaded the gun and aimed it like a mortar holding at about a 50 degree angle above the bird and pulled the trigger. About 6 or 7 seconds later the sparrow fell like a rock, and so did our jaws we looked at each other stunned and in disbelief for a few seconds before simultaneously jumping off the fence and running to the front of the house. And there in the gutter right below the street light with a single bb hole to the head lay my trophy. The range was about 60 yards and hitting the bird was what I was trying to do but those bb pistols were so horribly inaccurate that their was a healthy dose of dumb luck involved, but I was still a legend amongst my com-padres for about a day and a half.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The best shot I ever made with a handgun was many thousands of rounds ago when I was a kid. A couple of friends of mine and I would go over to this kids house, he had high tension power lines behind his house so we could get up on his back fence and shoot bb guns back there and not get into trouble. One day we were all sitting on the fence and I had one of those old cheap single shot bb pistols, the kind that you cocked by pulling on the back part of what would be a slide on a semi auto then pushing it back forward then the front 3 or 4 inches of the barrel broke open and you put in a bb. Well we were sitting on this fence it was my turn to try and hit something with this precision weapon. I noticed a sparrow sitting on the wire that went to the street light in front of his house. So I announced to my fellow marksmen that we'd be having sparrow that night, I cocked and loaded the gun and aimed it like a mortar holding at about a 50 degree angle above the bird and pulled the trigger. About 6 or 7 seconds later the sparrow fell like a rock, and so did our jaws we looked at each other stunned and in disbelief for a few seconds before simultaneously jumping off the fence and running to the front of the house. And there in the gutter right below the street light with a single bb hole to the head lay my trophy. The range was about 60 yards and hitting the bird was what I was trying to do but those bb pistols were so horribly inaccurate that their was a healthy dose of dumb luck involved, but I was still a legend amongst my com-padres for about a day and a half.

thats fantastic! i know the exact gun you're talking about which makes the story that much sweeter. it was inaccurate and had just enough power to make it worth shooting the bb instead of throwing it. luck was certainly on your side and i think this story takes the cake for me! nice shooting.

thats fantastic! i know the exact gun you're talking about which makes the story that much sweeter. it was inaccurate and had just enough power to make it worth shooting the bb instead of throwing it. luck was certainly on your side and i think this story takes the cake for me! nice shooting.

Yeah what a piece of crap those guns were I'm pretty sure you could buy them out of a magazine for about $12.95 I think the only thing I ever hit with that gun was that poor sparrow.

Just to paint you a picture... I wasn't much of a reader as a child :roflol:

357 Mag S&W Model 66 Stainless Winchester Factory Ammo

My wierd Uncle Rod :goof: , My Dad and Myself.

Me standing in the bed of a Ford Ranchero, left hand on the "Oh crap handle" that's mounted on the roof of the car (cb antenna bracket) while driving on a dirt road chasing Jackrabbits. I hit one rabbit while doing 35mph or so while my uncle was driving. 3rd shot, right hand while trying to keep my balance and not fall out of the car with my left hand... rabbit was approx 60-75 yards away.... I was 16. My dad used to tell that story almost every christmas to the family over and over again...

Wasn't very safe to do but that was how they rolled back then. Dad and Rod would get a case of Coors and a stockpile of guns and ammo and head out to the middle of nowhere, blow everything up that they saw inc all small rodents...trying to shoot .22 empties of a fence at 200 yards with a 30-06 lmfao. I always wound up driving their drunk asses back home...

Those 2 are the 2 gun nuts that got me to where I am today

A Redneck with too many guns... lol

in febuary at a match in tx i made a 90 yard shot at a six by six rifle target ran out of ammo in my rifle and had to engage with my 9mm single stack to my surprise i hit it with one shot. today i was out at the farm shooting balloons with my rifles at 155 yard and i took a wack at it and about the 5th shot i nailed it. im shooting an sti spartan 9mm with dawson .100 front fiber optic sight. i love my gun

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This past Sunday before leaving the range I loaded up one of my G34 mags, stuffed it into my daily carry G19 and engaged a 18"X18" steel plate at 200 yards. Fifth round connected with a few more after that. Shots were done sitting at the bench with elbows supported, had a witness too! Takes a while for the rounds to get out there :P

200 yards with my Kimber Eclipse Pro II (Commander length) at a IDPA sized steel target. Had to hold almost 10ft above the target with my competition reloads. Took almost 2 secs for the round to get there.

I used to hit 200 meter rams all day long with my scoped 30-30 Contender :D Likely why I have some tendonitus in my elbow.. used to fire 100 rounds of that stuff any time I went to the sillywet range :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My Best shot is a running Jack Rabbit at 174yds(4th round fired) with a 1911 in 40S&W, and we constantly practice at 300jds with all types of pistols, M9, M&P,XD, 1911, revolvers. With a little practice the hand gun is a suppressive weapon out to 400 while your run for your rifle :)

• 2 weeks later...

Toady, best shot (not that far) I ever made. Wasp lovers read no further, you have been warned...

4-5 yards, a wasp that had been bothering my wife, decided to fly down range and the second shot took him out of the air and to his maker.

• 1 month later...

I've hit stuff (big gongs, big rocks) at 500m w/ my race gun... The hold off for the wind is obscene, and the bullet goes transonic, so it's more luck than anything, but it's fun to try :)