Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

furthest pistol shot you've attempted and made

cletus9mm

nothin' to brag about, but after the 1992 steel challenge down at 5 dogs, we were playing with a 175-200 yard plate with steel loads. shooting weak hand unsupported. took me 8-9 rounds but i hit it. video proof is here:

Sweet!

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

How come we never see you at a match--with that kinda shooting you gotta go to the B-Cup!

Trust me, I'm way beyond B-Cup.

Way beyond Bianchi Cup? With ALL due respect.............I doubt that. :sight:

Alan~^~

Edited by Alan550

Hi,

How come we never see you at a match--with that kinda shooting you gotta go to the B-Cup!

Alan~^~

If B Cup is Bianchi, what's DD Cup?

Hi,

Alan~^~

If B Cup is Bianchi, what's DD Cup?

LMAO!

This is not the farthest I can shoot, but I made this video last summer at 50 yards. Don't worry, the video isn't sideways.

Such a shame... 9/10 is just not gonna cut it.

This is not the farthest I can shoot, but I made this video last summer at 50 yards. Don't worry, the video isn't sideways.

Yeah, I won't quit my day job.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey look, we had the same comment!

Now that's just creepy.

500 meters with a Rampro 6.5 BR, 10 for 10 on rams. This is long range pistol silhouette. \

At a rifle slihouette match on a sight in day we decided to see who could hit the homer bucket at 1000 meters first. Now this was doing it offhand with a spotter to help you with impacts, took me 3 shots. As good as I was at judging where to shoot there was a whole lot of luck involved and very little wind. That was shot with a 260 in a Tikka whitetail hunter on 24 power scope. I know I couldn't hold that way now.

Edited by hornetx40

• 4 weeks later...

There is a new Smith out here in East Texas , after he builds a gun he tests it on steel at 300 yards. Has to hit constantly Sometimes strong hand only. I called bullshit, and the guys there said that if they had not seen it first hand, they would not have believed it them selves. When he gets done with my trigger we will see. By the way a hell of a good Smith.

• 9 months later...

At the range I shoot at they have a 6X12 inch plate hanging at 100 yards. The best I've done so is 3 out of 6 with my S&W 27-2 shooting 38 Spec. I've also hit it with my 1911's in 9mm & 45acp as well as my M&P Pro 9. Some days are better than others.

• 3 weeks later...

Watched a guy at the local range hit a 18x24 at 285 yd with a 22 conversion 1911 on his second shot. Had to take the muffs off to hear it ding. Later on without the crowd I was able to make it with my full power 45 ammo out to 300, but it took me more than two shots to get a hit. Now I put my US auto popper at 100 when I practice pistol and am hitting about 90% of the time with all my pistols. Surprising how easy it seems after you show yourself you can do it.

When I lived in Colorado I shot a prairie dog and killed it at 196 paces with my Beretta T-87 Target pistol with a 2X LER scope on it. Did it on the first shot in front of one of the deacons from our church. I spent the next couple of minutes emptying the magazine on the next one out of the hole but was unable to do anything but get very close. Must have been a very unlucky dog. LOL

200 yard gong with my mom's 1964 SW Model 15-2. Gong was probably 24" (I know, not very impressive. Was for me at the time) 5 out of six shots with Remington UMC factory RN after a cylinder to sight in. Standing, supported from a beam. I was pretty proud of myself.

I think I've gotten better since then.

1 shot kill on a whitetail deer (2012), at 135 years. Ruger Redhawk 44 mag., tuned and ported by Mag-n-port (1987). Equipped with 2X Leupold scope.

Funny, you don't look 135 years old!

Ha! Good look'n out, Alan. I went in and fixed it

Back in the mid '80's I had a TC Contender, .243, 14" barrel, scoped. There was some ranch land I had permission to practice on that had a 900+ meter straight section of an arroyo that was great for rifle practice. I could hit 5 for 5 in a 12" circle at 400 meters back then.

I sold that barrel for several reasons. It was _terribly_ loud. It hurt to shoot it even with the pachmayr grips (that's why no 10 shot groups). And lastly, it was a flame thrower. I started a grass fire with that gun one time that almost got out of control. Grass fires in west Texas ranch country are NO fun.

It was a tack driver, but overall I don't miss it all that much.

-Steve

Not much to brag about after reading this thread, but I was able to hit 12" steel at 100 yrd, offhand, with my cz tactical sport 9mm. After a couple shots to get on target, I was at about 7 out of 10. It's funny to listen to the delay between "bang" and "ping" at that distance.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk