Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

1 hour ago, Manwithnoname said:

I cut 4 coils out of my stock guide rod and it runs great with my minor ammo with125 gn bullet. I was thinking about cutting the wings that makes the stock guide rod captured and running a 1911 spring on it. 

Help, how do I take apart the captured guide rod so I can remove 4 coils??

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Manwithnoname said:

Shot the first 200 rounds in my X5 today. I am overly impressed with how it shoots and how easy it is to track the dot. The gun is VERY accurate. Easily as accurate as my 9mm 2011.  The only issue I had is the right side of My Romeo 1 is getting chewed up by the cases getting ejected. Is this normal? I'm worried that after thousands of rounds it could deform the frame of the sight? Does anyone have any experience with this? 

Thanks 

RenderedContent-064E1146-A0FE-428F-8C0B-0ADD887F02A5.JPG

Could be that is caused by the weak ejection some people are reporting during break-in.  I would think that problem would go away once it loosens up and starts ejecting farther out.

I ended up picking up one last week. Question, how is the trigger that comes with the X5 any different then the drop in replacement flat trigger that GGuns sells? the X5 has a ton of creep as the trigger is being pulled.

I received my X5 today, I think I like it. I'll take it to the range tomorrow and know for sure.

I am having trouble finding a holster. Who has solved this problem and where did you find a holster?

Thanks

11 minutes ago, TommyK said:

I received my X5 today, I think I like it. I'll take it to the range tomorrow and know for sure.

I am having trouble finding a holster. Who has solved this problem and where did you find a holster?

Thanks

Comp-Tac makes one.

Thanks

Ben Stoeger is selling a Blade Tech for the 320 X5. Also any that are not closed at the bottom and fit the full size will work. I have one from Double Alpha Academy that works.

I finally found one in a LGS and grabbed it. I paid a little more than online but it comes out the same with shipping and transfer fee. Can't wait to hit the range. The grip feels perfect.

5 hours ago, TommyK said:

Thanks

Red Hill Tactical is making X5 specific holsters. Get the double layered one and you can use my code to save a few bucks, "Cole4RHT" 

http://redhilltactical.com/products/doublelayerowb

Edited by alma

5 hours ago, Bud White said:

That's what I ordered say will ship in 7 days so can't say how it is yet

Picked up a comp Tac for the RX. The X5 mostly fit but sat a little high. I dremmeled down the bottom of the holster and the front of the slide protrudes about 1/2 inch or a little more. It's as good as any other competition holster I've used. It's on the springer hanger. 

On 5/12/2017 at 2:57 PM, DocMedic said:

I ended up picking up one last week. Question, how is the trigger that comes with the X5 any different then the drop in replacement flat trigger that GGuns sells? the X5 has a ton of creep as the trigger is being pulled.

I finally went and handled a regular P320 this weekend.  I thought overall it was a nice gun, pointed well.  I was not impressed by the trigger.  It was fairly heavy and had a kinda creepy, mushy feel to the break.  I thought that by the way people talked about it that it would be better.

3 minutes ago, LeviSS said:

I finally went and handled a regular P320 this weekend.  I thought overall it was a nice gun, pointed well.  I was not impressed by the trigger.  It was fairly heavy and had a kinda creepy, mushy feel to the break.  I thought that by the way people talked about it that it would be better.

Nope. It's a good trigger. But like any other striker-fired production gun, it isn't a "custom" trigger. A good shooter can make do with it as is. Or it can be modified by a smith or enhancement kit to work better for a shooter's skill set.

Edited by Gryff

4 minutes ago, Gryff said:

Nope. It's a good trigger. But like any other striker-fired production gun, it isn't a "custom" trigger. A good shooter can make do with it as is. Or it can be modified to work better for a shooter's skill set.

Agreed.  I would also call it "good"... definitely useable out of the box.  I guess I just expected more because of the hype.  I probably went in with too high of expectations.

Edited by LeviSS

6 hours ago, Gryff said:

Nope. It's a good trigger. But like any other striker-fired production gun, it isn't a "custom" trigger. A good shooter can make do with it as is. Or it can be modified by a smith or enhancement kit to work better for a shooter's skill set.

Mine came with a better trigger pull than my P320 Compact did. It's as good as my Compact that has the flat PELT trigger. Must be the luck of the draw :) 

4 hours ago, MrTuna said:

Mine came with a better trigger pull than my P320 Compact did. It's as good as my Compact that has the flat PELT trigger. Must be the luck of the draw :) 

Yes, it's the luck of the draw. My X-5 trigger is not as good as my compact 320 with GG trigger.
However, after replacing my X-5 FCU with my GG FCU, I now have a beautiful trigger!

s anyone checked to see if the X5 will fit in the Comp-Tac fullsize P320 holster?

It does. Mine fits and is retained if turned upside down.

since a few minutes at the Academy during a charity event with Phil Strader. He was letting his son shoot on one of our targets. (Great guy BTW). Got into the X5 and 320 in general. Hoping to start shipping the Carry and Vtac by June. Romeo One shipment are increasing to where maybe three thousand a month will be released to the public after production needs. You can order through the Sig Pro Shop but if you want to be pout on the waiting list, they usually require ten percent down with the balance when shipped. They don't have a unlimited supply and Sig supplies their dealers first.

Edited by rscalzo

Interesting...I read that the standard P320 International holster already fit the x5 pretty well.

It does. Mine fits perfectly and stayed put after three events. They might just have added it to the list to avoid confusion.

2 hours ago, rscalzo said:

It does. Mine fits perfectly and stayed put after three events. They might just have added it to the list to avoid confusion.

Before I received my X5 yesterday I ordered a holster for it from Red Hill Tactical.  I took the the gun to the range and used my regular Blade-Tech full size P320 holster and it seemed to fit the gun perfectly. 

5 hours ago, rscalzo said:

It does. Mine fits and is retained if turned upside down.

since a few minutes at the Academy during a charity event with Phil Strader. He was letting his son shoot on one of our targets. (Great guy BTW). Got into the X5 and 320 in general. Hoping to start shipping the Carry and Vtac by June. Romeo One shipment are increasing to where maybe three thousand a month will be released to the public after production needs. You can order through the Sig Pro Shop but if you want to be pout on the waiting list, they usually require ten percent down with the balance when shipped. They don't have a unlimited supply and Sig supplies their dealers first.

Great to hear. I can't count the number of times I have had to respond to questions about how to get a Romeo1. 

On 5/12/2017 at 9:48 PM, alma said:

Red Hill Tactical is making X5 specific holsters. Get the double layered one and you can use my code to save a few bucks, "Cole4RHT" 

http://redhilltactical.com/products/doublelayerowb

RedHill is saying delivery is at least a Month or more..  Forget Redhill, Get it from CompTac and you'll have it in a Week.

10 minutes ago, bigtimelarry said:

RedHill is saying delivery is at least a Month or more..  Forget Redhill, Get it from CompTac and you'll have it in a Week.

Thats why i went with the Comp Tac it'll be my first kydex holster guess ill see how i like um

Yes, it's the luck of the draw. My X-5 trigger is not as good as my compact 320 with GG trigger.
However, after replacing my X-5 FCU with my GG FCU, I now have a beautiful trigger!

I swapped FCU's with my X5 and regular full size 320, that has a GG trigger. I may put my GG curved trigger into my X5 fcu, based on what you've said here. That is if you think it'll make a difference