Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

26 minutes ago, shooter.860 said:

Alma, Is the gray gun flat trigger good to go now in carry optics ? 

Is the GG flat trigger the same (externally) as the factory option.. or is it permitted because it's a factory option on the gun?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, alma said:

If the curved was legal than the flat should now be. I know Bruce has had discussions with DNROI but I haven't seen documentation. I asked Bruce to see whether he can get something more formal than side discussions at Shot Show and Nationals. Sorry I can't be more specific. 

Spoke to someone today who got an email from Troy indicating that the GG flat trigger was legal.

First observations of my x5. First it will not function with my 130 pf 147 grain loads. It stove piped repeatedly. I took the Springer guide rod and 14lb recoil spring out of my fs and installed it. It was too short but it worked for a couple mags.

The sights were off by 6 inches too high at 10 yards. Windage was fine.

The trigger is decent. Not much better than my stock fs curved trigger. I compared my x5 to another x5 which was equiped with a pelt trigger installed in house by GG. I was surprised to find that the GG trigger seemed a bit mushy in comparison. It was definitely lighter but did not feel better overall to me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I shot my first 3 Gun match with the X5 yesterday. Zero issues with the gun running that aftermarket guide rod 14lb spring, and the curved trigger FCU from Grayguns that was in my P320 Production gun. It's a small match but so far I am a distant second behind Todd Jarrett in the match overall. 

I had some video but not too much where you can see the gun well. Here's one with a better angle on it. When I do my part, it's shooting very flat. 

Just to add to the thread...

Took my X5 out to the range yesterday. Gun was shooting about 6-8 inches low at 25 yards. Moved the sight up and if I do my part it was hitting dead on.

The gun ate every type of ammo I fed it. 115gr reloads, 124 gr Freedom Munitions, and it even ran some 147gr Stand 1 Chubbies. 

Gun is factory except for the GG flat trigger and spring. 

Here are a few photos of the RHT holster for the X5 that I just received.  Definitely worth the wait vs. BladeTech or CompTac.  Also, for front sights, the P320 compact sights that Dawson sells fit the X5 dovetail.  So you have more choices that what they have listed for the full size P320.  I swapped the stock sight for a .185 x .115, which is about .030 shorter and .025 wider. 

IMG_1680.JPG

IMG_1681.JPG

IMG_1682.JPG

IMG_1683.JPG

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 0:25 PM, bomadera said:

Help, how do I take apart the captured guide rod so I can remove 4 coils??

Does anyone know the answer for sure?

Does anyone know what spring pound rating is in the X5?

1 hour ago, z40acp said:

Does anyone know the answer for sure?

Does anyone know what spring pound rating is in the X5?

Hook the tip over the end and turn the spring to screw it off. 

Have run into an issue with my X5 during reassembly and am wondering if anyone else has experienced this. When I put the slide back on the frame and push it back to close it, it stops about 1/8 inch before the end of its full travel. I have to move it forward and backward several times and then suddenly it is as if something "releases" and the slide can move all the way back then fully open where I can lock it open with the slide release and then turn the takedown lever. This happens every time I remove the slide and put it back on. Don't know if I am doing something wrong, or something has to be broken in or what.

I just installed the Springer extended mag release and love it! that extra 0.10" makes all the difference in the world for me in dropping mags without having to move my hand around. The first time I fired the pistol using 6 different factory loads I had a problem with PMC 115 gr ammo with a PF of 132.5 - the slide did not lock open. Just ran another 75 rounds of that ammo using full and partial mags and it locked open every time, so that issue seems to be fixed.

16 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

Here are a few photos of the RHT holster for the X5 that I just received.  Definitely worth the wait vs. BladeTech or CompTac.  Also, for front sights, the P320 compact sights that Dawson sells fit the X5 dovetail.  So you have more choices that what they have listed for the full size P320.  I swapped the stock sight for a .185 x .115, which is about .030 shorter and .025 wider. 

IMG_1680.JPG

IMG_1681.JPG

IMG_1682.JPG

IMG_1683.JPG

Is that the carbon fiber black color on the outside and blood red on the inside? thx

22 minutes ago, LHshooter said:

Have run into an issue with my X5 during reassembly and am wondering if anyone else has experienced this. When I put the slide back on the frame and push it back to close it, it stops about 1/8 inch before the end of its full travel. I have to move it forward and backward several times and then suddenly it is as if something "releases" and the slide can move all the way back then fully open where I can lock it open with the slide release and then turn the takedown lever. This happens every time I remove the slide and put it back on. Don't know if I am doing something wrong, or something has to be broken in or what.

Adjust your guide rod and try again. When that happens to me the guide rod is not pushed fully up, into place.

18 minutes ago, LHshooter said:

Is that the carbon fiber black color on the outside and blood red on the inside? thx

Black carbon outside and EMT red inside.  Ordered it with Tek-Lok which is the same pattern as Boss hanger.

Just got done shooting the first hundred thru the x5 and Canik tp9sfx  didn't get as much shooting in as i wanted started to rain and the gong on shepards hooks kept tilting the ground is so saturated up north where I'm at on vacation 

both ran flawlessly both shot a bight high and to the right but all the guns i tried it in did the same load seems a little hot .. nothing to exciting to report they both shot 

4 hours ago, alma said:

Adjust your guide rod and try again. When that happens to me the guide rod is not pushed fully up, into place.

Thanks Alma, that did the trick. I noticed when I remove the slide the end of the guide rod has lifted slightly off the barrel lug. The same thing must have been happening on reassembly. What I do now is turn the pistol upside down when putting the slide on, and let gravity keep the guide rod in place. Works every time now.

20 hours ago, Bud White said:

Just got done shooting the first hundred thru the x5 and Canik tp9sfx  didn't get as much shooting in as i wanted started to rain and the gong on shepards hooks kept tilting the ground is so saturated up north where I'm at on vacation 

both ran flawlessly both shot a bight high and to the right but all the guns i tried it in did the same load seems a little hot .. nothing to exciting to report they both shot 

I'm really interested to hear what you thought of the 2 guns in comparison to each other. I would like to shoot some CO and have been looking at both. Please let us know what you think. 

All right this will be the quick version of my impressions so far .. both guns were shot back to back using the same handholds 124 grain lead bullet over hs-6 can't give the exact load as I'm up at my family cabin on vacation  all the data is at home .

start with the x5

the trigger is way better love that flat trigger 

sights are better (maybe) could be the different shape of the Tp9sfx Rear sight was distracting 

fit my hand better/ Balance felt better less felt recoil impulse and muzzle rise 

21 round Mags but dang they are pricey if you can find them 

Tp9sfx

20 rounds mags can be had a lot cheaper but none of them locked back except a 18round i had

first shot trigger pull is a lot longer 

grip was noticeable smaller (i didn't change the grip insert to see if this would make it better)

this in turn made the gun more squirmy under recoil felt like it wanted to shift side to side

Also felt recoil impulse and muzzle rise seemed higher I'm gonna blame the small grip again

The sights are different maybe because I'm not used to the style/shape or the rear  my eye kept getting drawn to the rear its rounded off on the edges. Ill try to snag a pic

when shooting slow both were about same as far as accuracy . Fast shooting for me the x5 just worked the best.  The trigger reset is about the same on both guns. the first shot being glock style long on the tp9sfx but  as i said a nice short reset . I will weigh the triggers when i get home 

anything else ask away ill answer if i can 

I think i will put a red dot on the Tp9sfx since it is not slaved to the romeo 1 like the sig change the backstop and go from there . ill change the backstop first before ill add a red dot to it 

Holsters so far seem about the same to get one I'm a lefty so its more of a pain for me no matter what 

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 6:51 PM, J-Rob said:

Thinking of giving the Enos Slide Glide a try. What's the best for the X5, the medium or heavy?

This is not 320 X5-specific, but I'd recommend medium for warm weather and light for cold weather.  I've never used the heavy, but the medium stays put in south Texas summers.

On 5/28/2017 at 10:04 PM, alma said:

Hook the tip over the end and turn the spring to screw it off. 

I did what Alma suggested and took the entire spring off the recoil rod. A 1911 spring slips over the retaining wings of the stock guid rod. I will test fire the gun with this set up tonight. 

52 minutes ago, Manwithnoname said:

I did what Alma suggested and took the entire spring off the recoil rod. A 1911 spring slips over the retaining wings of the stock guid rod. I will test fire the gun with this set up tonight. 

I would be concerned with the wings getting hung up on the spring.

Shot my X5 with a 15lb 1911 spring on the stock guide rod tonight. This set up worked great and felt great while doing several drills. I may try a 14 lb spring to see how it feels. What's the lightest spring someone has used? Also, this was the first time I shot the gun since I got it back from grey guns. It's the best striker fired trigger I've shot and I'm really looking forward to shooting it in a match. From when I shipped it to them, I got the gun back in about a week and a half. 

On 5/30/2017 at 2:53 PM, Manwithnoname said:

That works slick. Alma does it again!