Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GLOCK trigger question

RAZZ

So I picked up a new G34 the other day, and it came with the 5.5 connector installed instead of the 3.5. Is the 3.5 lb connector the only parts difference between the 5.5 and 3.5 lb models, or are there other parts / springs in there that need to be replaced.

PS: I want factory parts--I don't want to run any aftermarket parts.

Thanks.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I picked up a new G34 the other day, and it came with the 5.5 connector installed instead of the 3.5. Is the 3.5 lb connector the only parts difference between the 5.5 and 3.5 lb models, or are there other parts / springs in there that need to be replaced.

PS: I want factory parts--I don't want to run any aftermarket parts.

Thanks.

Did the gun have fixed sights? There is a law enforcement version of the 34 that has fixed sights and the 5.5 connector. The "competition" version has adjustable sights and the 3.5 pound connector. That's the only difference.

edit

Oh yea, I think the mag release on the law enforcement version may be the regular one instead of the extended. Internal parts are the same though, except the connector that you mentioned.

Seiichi

Edited by itchy

It is the LE model with fixed sights--which have already been replaced with Warren sights. The mag release is the extended version, which will be replaced with a standard one as soon as I can. Thank you for the information about the connector.

I didn't really want to sacrafice the reliability of the factory parts, as it seems that GLOCKs are reliable as a brick until you start putting aftermarket parts in them. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

*QUOTE*

Actually there are much better connectors out there than the factory one. The factory one feels a little more mushy than others.

I can get a 2lb trigger pull w/a Scherer or a Glock connector, the only 2 I've used, can't tell any difference between them.

*QUOTE*

I didn't really want to sacrafice the reliability of the factory parts, as it seems that GLOCKs are reliable as a brick until you start putting aftermarket parts in them.

Many think this, I have found this not to be the case.

Edited by the duck of death

So I picked up a new G34 the other day

Thanks.

What a coincidence, so did I. The whole LE/nonLE thing is kind of muddy but I am pretty sure mine has the 5.5 in it as well. I bought mine from an LE dealer with 3 mags :cheers: It DOES have extended mag and slide release so I don't think that is a clear indicator of anything. The trigger was very heavy. Yeah, I know it is new but another experienced Glock shooter said it seamed pretty stout as well. He took it apart and found the connector to have NO markings. I am thinking the 3.5 should have a "-"?

But man did it shoot good!

The difference is a different sticker on the side of the box. 3 mags instead of 2. And, often the connectors and sights (as noted). That is all I can think of, might be more?

(Some like to say one is "practical" and the other is "tactical". Just minor parts differences.)

I didn't really want to sacrafice the reliability of the factory parts, as it seems that GLOCKs are reliable as a brick until you start putting aftermarket parts in them. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

That's a reasonable concern. Staying mostly stock definitely keeps the famous Glock reliability intact. However, I have never heard of ANYONE having a reliability issue because of an aftermarket trigger connector. As long as you keep the stock barrel and don't mess with the springs you'll be 100% no problem. The LW connector really is better than the Glock one. While Glocks are amazing, they're still made from stamped parts and can definitely be improved upon without sacrificing reliability. But hey, to each his own. If running 100% stock makes you sleep better, go for it.

Got one of the LEO glocks and it was the fixed sight 5.5 pound connector. Most of them I have seen that are the LEO guns have the std 5.5 pound connector. It should state on the label what one you have in the gun. I replace the sights on mine so don't miss the glock adj sights at all and saved a nice chunk of change on it. The 3rd mag is just icing on the cake

LE vs. Non-LE models.....Flexmoney is "on the money"....only diff are: fixed sights vs. adjustable, 5.5lb connector vs. 3.5lb, 3 mags vs. 2 mags, and a cool blue label vs. a white or red label.

As for connectors....I've tried Lone Wolf, Glock, Lightning Strike, and another (can't recall who made it). Out of all of them, the best I found was the Lone Wolf brand. Stock Glock connector is used by some trigger crafters, but even then it's thinned down a bit (I'm thinking Dale Rhea triggers here).

I'd go with the Lone Wolf...cheap, easy, and works well. Just make sure to polish up the trigger a bit (do a search on .25 cent trigger jobs here) and you'll be good to go.

Z-

I was just in my pictures folder and saw this (aftermarket connector):

post-690-1263242116_thumb.jpg

I forget where I got the pic. I imagine it was posted somewhere (maybe here on Enos), and I saved it. It is a non-Glock brand. I recall that being an early version that they had come out with. I am sure that particular company has addressed the issue.

It is a simple part (leaf spring with an angle on the end). I've got some from various vndors that were crap, and some that were good.

A pre-polished Glock part would be a safe choice, I'd think.

If you need to stay stock Charlie Vanek offers polished stock connectors on his site. Call him and I'm sure he'll get you going with whatever stock parts you need tuned by him.

http://www.vanekcustom.com/4.html

+1 on Charlie's stuff. When you are ready to step up to a GREAT trigger....purchase one of Charlie's. I run his Super Trigger Kit in my Limited G35...simply outstanding!

Z-