Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canyon Creek 2010 Area 5 Championship

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Black hats it is. When and where to order or can we just get them at the match?

We will offer them from the match website. We are having some made up for approval. I'll post an update when they are ready.

JT

Awhile back, JT wrote:

The match hotel is almost, if not full at this time. I have placed several links to other hotels on the match website. If you do not have your hotel already you need to get your butts in gear and do so. It appears that three weddings and a event at the fairgrounds, which were not on the books, have invaded our dates. I have added more hotels for competitors, both to the website and below.

Is there a posted rate for the match hotel? Or some sort of registration code we should be using to get said rate from the hotel? I can only see a link to the hotel's website from the A5 website, so I'm wondering if I'm missing any information I'll need to attempt to get a place to stay. (This is assuming they have any rooms left, of course.)

T.

Awhile back, JT wrote:

The match hotel is almost, if not full at this time. I have placed several links to other hotels on the match website. If you do not have your hotel already you need to get your butts in gear and do so. It appears that three weddings and a event at the fairgrounds, which were not on the books, have invaded our dates. I have added more hotels for competitors, both to the website and below.

Is there a posted rate for the match hotel? Or some sort of registration code we should be using to get said rate from the hotel? I can only see a link to the hotel's website from the A5 website, so I'm wondering if I'm missing any information I'll need to attempt to get a place to stay. (This is assuming they have any rooms left, of course.)

T.

Thomas,

They are booked solid at this point. Go to the match website and click on "Match Hotel" then "more hotel options." This will give a a full list of hotels in the area. I have a block in the Holiday reserved for emegencies. It's not the best, but it's a place to stay. If you need my intervention, let me know and I'll hook you up.

Best,

JT

Edited by JThompson

JT Wrote:

I have a block in the Holiday reserved for emergencies. It's not the best, but it's a place to stay. If you need my intervention, let me know and I'll hook you up.

I appreciate the offer. It looks like there is a Super 8 in Rock Falls that still has a couple of rooms, so I'll probably go with that. (Unless there is something about Rock Falls that I should know... :unsure: )

Looking forward to the match...

JT Wrote:

I have a block in the Holiday reserved for emergencies. It's not the best, but it's a place to stay. If you need my intervention, let me know and I'll hook you up.

I appreciate the offer. It looks like there is a Super 8 in Rock Falls that still has a couple of rooms, so I'll probably go with that. (Unless there is something about Rock Falls that I should know... :unsure: )

Nope, six of one as far as distance goes...

We have three more bays about done now, which is good because we don't have to run 2 on 1 if we don't choose too. IF, we do it next year, I'd like to get two more bays cut in there too. There is plenty of room for it. It would be nice to have the ability to run a 16-18 stage match at some point.

Look forward to seeing you there be sure to say hello.

JT

JT Wrote:

Whats up with the Rock Falls Area? sketchy?

JT Wrote:

Whats up with the Rock Falls Area? sketchy?

?

I am staying at the rock falls Super 8 for the match too, although I am going to Manny's class and then shooting with the RO's. It was just a lot cheaper.

I have no clue whether it's sketchy or not, but there should be a number of practical shooters staying there if it makes you feel any better... ;)

Area 5 Update...

Shooters so far 228

Also, it looks like we are going to make the 20 guns for the table. We have 11 now and are buying the rest Monday.

There will be guns from Glock, STI, Springfield and I think a Tanfo or two. Rich hasn't told us what he will be bring yet, so I don't know the exact makes on all of them.

Ruff estimate of the gun value is 13K

Best,

JT

Edited by JThompson

We are thinking about opening the Super Squad and bumping the number per squad too.

JT

Hope not on the squads. Area 5 hasn't had over 285 in the last five years. You have 40 squads set up now at 9 per now. If history holds true they won't fill. I love small squads. Any word on the stages?

We are thinking about opening the Super Squad and bumping the number per squad too.

JT

Hope not on the squads. Area 5 hasn't had over 285 in the last five years. You have 40 squads set up now at 9 per now. If history holds true they won't fill. I love small squads. Any word on the stages?

We don't expect Friday to fill, never did, but we have had people asking to shoot Sat or Sat Sun. We have been turning them away. I spoke with the RM and he feels 12 is a better number. A6 had what?? 14 on a squad? You tend to lose a few people on match day too, so figure a 12 person squad might even be 11. You take 3 people out of that who are shooting, reloading or on deck, perhaps the guy in the hole doesn't reset either, so you have 7 to reset.

John Amidon has the stages, so as soon as he gets back with us, and we make any corrections, they will be posted. Round count is 296. :devil:

Edited by JThompson

Unless I hook up with another shooter to help offset the cost I'm going to have to pass on the A-5 this year. Who knows maybe someone from the Cinci or Dayton area is thinking the same thing.

Looks like I may make it after all.