Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canyon Creek 2010 Area 5 Championship

Jim

Sorry but been off line the last few days, mouse was in the phone line main box and no internet :surprise:

I think that would make a cool as hell hat, never seen one like it!!!!!!!!!

I'm not trying to tell amyone how to run the show, but since I see a lot of folks wearing NAME brand shirts to qualify for contingency money if they shoot well maybe hats would go over well?? I guess I am prejudiced also since I wear hats constantly.

Brad

Thanks Brad. That hat costs a lot, so it will probably not happen and all the ladies that responded said they didn't like it. All the guys said they did... go figure. We'll probably go with something that looks a little more theme related. I liked the hat and will probably design one for myself anyway.

JT

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

App. went in yesterday. Really looking forward to this one!!

Thanks buddy... we're looking forward to having you. We need to get some hats out that have the forum logo on it. We could all have our forum names on there so we would know one another!

JT

Several people have expressed a want to shoot the match all day on Sunday. While I would rather not do it, we are here to "assist" the shooters in any way we can... :) to that end, I looked at the squad matrix and it looks like we could do it IF needed. What we would do is cut the amount of half day squads and that would allow for 3-4 squads all day on Sunday too.

I need you to respond at the with the pole at the A5 website, Please only vote if you intend to shoot the match!

Go here to vote.

Best,

JT

PS we already have over 50 signed up! This match is going to rock. :cheers:

Just signed up via the website!

Planning to shoot Friday.

Looking forward to it! All the hard work is appreciated! :)

-rvb

I didn't know you were a Master Ryan. :) We look forward to having you... the stages will be a mix of run and gun, hose and a couple that are going to test accuracy. I'm a big fan of having choices as to how to shoot a stage. I do not like a stage that is run here shoot abc run there shoot def etc. I like it when guys keep going over a atage because there are 10 ways to shoot it. What I think a good match should be.

Welcome to Area 5.. we'll try and make it a good smooth match.

JT

Hey JT,

I know you are had at work on this thing already but I just wanted to ask what the lag time is from registering to getting on the squad tool?

TIA,

Chuck

PS: What do the shirts look like?

You will be in within the hour...

We have not approved a design yet... but they will be Polo shirts.

For the ROs we are looking at Techwear for the shirts, but we are having a debate on color. I want a shirt made to go with the MASH theme, but am going back and forth with blue. The olive with fit better with the MASH theme, but I guess we want to know if an olive shirt in that theme would get worn once the match was over? We've tabled it for the time being.....

White would be good with the theme too, but they get nasty to quick.

JT

Edited by JThompson

Just signed up via the website!

Planning to shoot Friday.

Looking forward to it! All the hard work is appreciated! :)

-rvb

I didn't know you were a Master Ryan. :) We look forward to having you... the stages will be a mix of run and gun, hose and a couple that are going to test accuracy. I'm a big fan of having choices as to how to shoot a stage. I do not like a stage that is run here shoot abc run there shoot def etc. I like it when guys keep going over a atage because there are 10 ways to shoot it. What I think a good match should be.

Welcome to Area 5.. we'll try and make it a good smooth match.

JT

Haha... master.... now I'm back on the low rung of a different ladder :) [Just have to keep climbing!]

Sounds like a good match. my prefered style of shooting for a major match is, well, for all styles of shooting to be tested. Keeps the stages interesting as you go from one to the next. Also is good to test a wide variety of skills... looking forward to it! :)

-rvb

Edited by rvb

Being somewhat new to A5, and not having shot in IL before, is there anything I need to know about bring guns/ammo/mags into the state? I know I can't carry. Can I assume locked up, seperate from ammo ok?

Thanks! :)

-rvb

Being somewhat new to A5, and not having shot in IL before, is there anything I need to know about bring guns/ammo/mags into the state? I know I can't carry. Can I assume locked up, seperate from ammo ok?

Thanks! :)

-rvb

Yep, Gun unloaded and encased. That's it. No restrictions on mags or anything like that.