Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canyon Creek 2010 Area 5 Championship

I always prefer a prize table by order of finish. Having a decent prize set aside for the winners of each class and the prize table by order of finish seems like a fair compromise.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Online squadding will go live Jan 18th and the cutoff is May 26th. If you want a squad with your mates you need to get those registrations in, so we can block off squad/s for you.

Hit the website and use the online registration to be sure the squad is reserved when we go live.

Best,

JT

If you are still looking for ideas on the pprizes...

World Class Steel from Old Bridge, NJ does it this way:

Most all the guns and all the donated prizes are awarded in a double blind drawing. A couple guns are raffled off. Cash is awarded to the winners.

In other words, you get a chance to win by showing up, gets a lot of people out that have essentially given up on ever winning, and you shoot for significant cash which keeps the competition level high.

Jim

If you are still looking for ideas on the pprizes...

World Class Steel from Old Bridge, NJ does it this way:

Most all the guns and all the donated prizes are awarded in a double blind drawing. A couple guns are raffled off. Cash is awarded to the winners.

In other words, you get a chance to win by showing up, gets a lot of people out that have essentially given up on ever winning, and you shoot for significant cash which keeps the competition level high.

Jim

I hear ya Jim... we have some constraints by our match sponsor. "Canyon Creek" as to how we can award those his guns. As we get more guns we might be able to do something like that. I want to have one set aside for a staff only drawing too.

If things go well I want one for HOA lady and Junior.

We have something special in mind for our older shooters too. I can't go into detail yet, but let's just say the older shooters will have a shot at a very nice prize! That's one of my peeves that we don't give enough back to the people that support/ed us the longest. Details to follow when I get a response back from the Smith on this one.

JT

That match website leads me to believe there are no staffing positions to fill... is that correct?

We are looking pretty good in that dept right now. We need to pull from our local pool then Perry got us a bunch of top National level CRO/ROs as well. There's no harm in submitting the app though. WE might have some people back out.

JT

Mr.Thompson so this is still "The Canyon Creek 2010 Area 5 Championship" Correct?

Indeed it is Mr. Seipp. I'll be working to integrate Canyon Creek logos and links in the website over the next few days and Dale and Mike will do the same to all match material.

JT

Edited by JThompson

I spent a lot of time late night early morning and gave the site a face lift and got Rich's logos with links installed.

Bed time now.

Staff app will be online and out to you guys in a day or so. Stages come after that.

Have a look and see what you think...

JT

Looks good Jim, who updates the USPSA website in the major match section?

I spent a lot of time late night early morning and gave the site a face lift and got Rich's logos with links installed.

Bed time now.

Staff app will be online and out to you guys in a day or so. Stages come after that.

Have a look and see what you think...

JT

Looks good Jim, who updates the USPSA website in the major match section?

That would be John Amidon... and a request to make the change has been forwarded to him. ;)

Edited by JThompson

Site looks great Jim :D

And on a side note I voted Yes for the poll.......it is a great idea and I'd consider it money well spent.

Site: Thanks

Another MD thought we should float a trial balloon on it. I am blown away by the response.

92% voted yes. :goof:

I'm going to make some inquiries....

JT

Jim

I realize this is comparing apples and oranges but I do have a little bit of experience with paid target help.

I have shot a lot of highpower/ longrange rifle matches in the past, the absolute worst part of it was working the pits scoring the targets in the US.

Shooting in Canada was a breeze, paid target help!!

The day went faster cause there were no pit changes.

You really had a chance to relax and think about the match or shoot the bull with friends when you were not on the mound.

It is a great way to provide a source of income to a worthwhile organization.

What is ten bucks anyway??? Two beers at the strip joint??

Also think of this. Some of these kids could very well get the bug and become the next crop of junior shooters!!!!!!!!

Mildot

Jim

I realize this is comparing apples and oranges but I do have a little bit of experience with paid target help.

I have shot a lot of highpower/ longrange rifle matches in the past, the absolute worst part of it was working the pits scoring the targets in the US.

Shooting in Canada was a breeze, paid target help!!

The day went faster cause there were no pit changes.

You really had a chance to relax and think about the match or shoot the bull with friends when you were not on the mound.

It is a great way to provide a source of income to a worthwhile organization.

What is ten bucks anyway??? Two beers at the strip joint??

Also think of this. Some of these kids could very well get the bug and become the next crop of junior shooters!!!!!!!!

Mildot

I'm going to take it to the guys and see if we can get the people in place to do it. It's a large commitment on their part, so I want to make sure, if we can get them to commit, that they know it's going to be a long few days.

I'll get back to you guys when/if it comes together.

JT

Edited by JThompson

Sponsors so far:

Canyon Creek 5 custom guns

Springfield Armory XD and 1911 Mil Goody bags for shooters. (We'll probably buy some more from Springfield, they have a great program)

Mr. Heinie has agreed to build us a "basic carry" gun :cheers:

Sig is on board. more after everyone gets back from Shot.

Tom Drazy Stage

Brian Enos Stage Thanks Pal

Techwear is on board, more after shot

So far we have 7 guns, six of them custom. I'm hoping to have 20 for the match.

There are a bunch more sponsors that have agreed to provide, but they haven't locked in or said "what" they would provide yet.

If you are reading this and would like to help out Area 5, please send me an email at jt@quinn2.com

JT

Edited by JThompson

Jim

I know this is just adding to all the crap your dealing with, but I'll ask anyway.

Since you are giving the option to purchase a shirt, what about a hat too??

Mildot

I brought it up and it is being decided on, but nothing final as of yet. I'll keep you posted....

JT

Jim

Sorry but been off line the last few days, mouse was in the phone line main box and no internet :surprise:

I think that would make a cool as hell hat, never seen one like it!!!!!!!!!

I'm not trying to tell amyone how to run the show, but since I see a lot of folks wearing NAME brand shirts to qualify for contingency money if they shoot well maybe hats would go over well?? I guess I am prejudiced also since I wear hats constantly.

Brad