Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canyon Creek 2010 Area 5 Championship

Being somewhat new to A5, and not having shot in IL before, is there anything I need to know about bring guns/ammo/mags into the state? I know I can't carry. Can I assume locked up, seperate from ammo ok?

Thanks! :)

-rvb

A few police officers told me they prefer to see gun, mags, and ammo seperate. They didn't have a problem with it being all in a range bag. Prefer the range bag in the trunk of the car, or in case of a pickup; as far as you can get it from the driver. (i.e. passenger side of king cab.)

I tend to go by what they prefer, not sure of the exact definitions of whats legal.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Several people have expressed a want to shoot the match all day on Sunday. While I would rather not do it, we are here to "assist" the shooters in any way we can... :) to that end, I looked at the squad matrix and it looks like we could do it IF needed. What we would do is cut the amount of half day squads and that would allow for 3-4 squads all day on Sunday too.

I need you to respond at the with the pole at the A5 website, Please only vote if you intend to shoot the match!

Go here to vote.

Best,

JT

PS we already have over 50 signed up! This match is going to rock. :cheers:

Looks like all day Saturday is pretty popular. I'd like to see a few Sat/Sun squads rolled into all day Sat. squads.

Jeff

Being somewhat new to A5, and not having shot in IL before, is there anything I need to know about bring guns/ammo/mags into the state? I know I can't carry. Can I assume locked up, seperate from ammo ok?

Thanks! :)

-rvb

If a non-resident is coming to Illinois to hunt and would like to bring their firearm, how do they legally transport it? Non- residents must be legally eligible to possess or acquire firearms and ammunition in their state of residence. It is recommended that, in order to be in compliance with all statutes, non-residents transport all firearms:

1. Unloaded, and
  2. Enclosed in a case, and
  3. Not immediately accessible or broken down in a nonfunctioning state.

Is it legal to have ammunition in the case with the firearm? Yes, so long as the firearm is unloaded and properly enclosed in a case.

From the Il State Police.

A word of advice... spend as little time in Chicago, and burbs, as possible.

And avoid Chicago heights if at ALL possible. Ive driven through there a few times headed to Bolingbrook IL for a few paintball tournaments over the years.....a better town name would be Sketchville. Man, I hated that drive, haha.

Still debating if I can make it to this match....

JThompson, on 27 January 2010 - 08:36 PM, said:

rvb, on 27 January 2010 - 07:31 PM, said:

Just signed up via the website!

Planning to shoot Friday.

Looking forward to it! All the hard work is appreciated!

-rvb

I didn't know you were a Master Ryan. We look forward to having you... the stages will be a mix of run and gun, hose and a couple that are going to test accuracy. I'm a big fan of having choices as to how to shoot a stage. I do not like a stage that is run here shoot abc run there shoot def etc. I like it when guys keep going over a atage because there are 10 ways to shoot it. What I think a good match should be.

Welcome to Area 5.. we'll try and make it a good smooth match.

JT

I can tell you when he get's the trigger finger going !!!! The Master come's out !!! Colt

I just signed up for the match on line.

What's with the $4 shipping charge??

How soon can I expect to be able to get on a squad? I don't think I have any old, Front Sight magazines to get my password from it, and am hoping you'll send me a password to use so I can get squadded before "all day Saturdays" is filled.

How soon can I expect to be able to get on a squad? I don't think I have any old, Front Sight magazines to get my password from it, and am hoping you'll send me a password to use so I can get squadded before "all day Saturdays" is filled.

Hello, I sent you a PM explaining everything and agreed to get you on a Sat squad.

Best

Jim Thompson

Area 5 MD

Hello, I sent you a PM explaining everything and agreed to get you on a Sat squad.

Best

Jim Thompson

Area 5 MD

I got it, thanks for the quick reply!! :cheers:

how is the online squadding working? I think Im gonna be able to make this one and will be signing up soon, but how do I figure out the days that are open?

Here is the link to the match squadding page http://www.uspsa.org/squadding/index.php?action=list&indx=121

Paste that in your browser and you will be able to see what is available. As of right now there are 7 all day sat slots open.

Dale Hayen, MD

Jim,

Shouldn't you have the M*A*S*H theme playing on the website? :D

Later,

Chuck

It has been on there a day or two... I switch it up about once a day. You have to have some variety. :P Right now I got some Dylan stream'n.

JT

Edited by JThompson

I booked my hotel room and recieved an e-mail giving me a request #, said I would recieve a conformation in two days.

Well its been five days and have heard nothing yet.

Anyone else having same problem??

Same problem here.......I called them and they told me something about the rate being

re-negotiated due to most of the bookings being only for one night. Sounds like the the rate was negotiated for a multiple night stay. Also said we should hear something in a few days.

Jim - Do you know anything about this ???

I'll check into it guys...

JT

EDIT:

Just got off the phone with our Rep. She went back with the hotel and got things fixed up. You should be getting you confirmations soon!

Best,

JT

Edited by JThompson